Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevocated

Genius inspiration overflow
Apparently schedules didn't update in time so this is a last minute change. Tiny Toons Looniversity starts today at 5:30p on CN Nordic.
A few days ago there was a logo in the top-left corner promoting the show with the exact time you mentioned, only for them to air The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe. Odd.

(Update (6/4/24): Today it's still airing Ivandoe.)

Last edited:

narq

It's not about selfishness, but the fact CN Germany has to struggle because of pay TV not being particularly popular and the channel being "forced" to show very little advertising: actually none now, they have dropped it completely

Believe it or not, when channels struggle have more variety than when they don't; they have to still find an "audience", somehow
Plus, having no ads leave more space to programming

In CEE the channel has more of a fanbase, and is more ad-heavy; same as the UK version of CN and even the likes of Boing Italy

In telly terms national selfishness doesn't exist: they would show a testcard 24/7, if this made to them money
Absolutely true, but there's also another reason. CN Germany has a German license, which doesn't have as many requirements as the Czech licenses that the other feeds (CEE, RSEE, Poland, Netherlands) are using.
In the past, these Czech licenses required them to make it so at least 30% of the schedule are European shows. Not too long ago it got changed to 50%. So to meet these requirements they decided to air a lot of Gumball, since that show counts and it's definitely one of the most popular ones.
Though I would definitely prefer if they would mix it with some other shows, even Jade Armor, just to have some more variety.

Markus Nelis

A few days ago there was a logo in the top-left corner promoting the show with the exact time you mentioned, only for them to air The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe. Odd.

(Update (6/4/24): Today it's still airing Ivandoe.)
Actually you're right yes. I think they put that logo earlier than it was supposed to. It will probably air by the end of this month. Strange.

Francisque

Absolutely true, but there's also another reason. CN Germany has a German license, which doesn't have as many requirements as the Czech licenses that the other feeds (CEE, RSEE, Poland, Netherlands) are using.
In the past, these Czech licenses required them to make it so at least 30% of the schedule are European shows. Not too long ago it got changed to 50%. So to meet these requirements they decided to air a lot of Gumball, since that show counts and it's definitely one of the most popular ones.
Though I would definitely prefer if they would mix it with some other shows, even Jade Armor, just to have some more variety.
Sorry, I thought the original poster was referring to the channel in general, not the overnight schedule alone; I hadn't seen that part

My bad :D

And yes, I definitely agree with you

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
About the night schedule on the CEE Cartoon Network feeds, for now the only thing I can predict and could be true is Prince Ivandoe joining and airing alongside Gumball. As it's another one of their own European co-productions.

Jade Armor could come at one point, but it's more like a commision for HBO Max (where it originally was supposed to go in America) rather than for CN itself.

But yeah, maybe in a few months at least, we will have nightly marathons of both Gumball and Ivandoe.

Markus Nelis

They could add Ivandoe to ovenights but they should be careful as it doesn't have enough episodes. If it's going to marathon for 2 to 4 hours a day, all episodes will be shown in just a few days which means it will get repetive again like it is now with Gumball. However Gumball has 200+ episodes so it's episodes don't even get as repetive.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
They could add Ivandoe to ovenights but they should be careful as it doesn't have enough episodes. If it's going to marathon for 2 to 4 hours a day, all episodes will be shown in just a few days which means it will get repetive again like it is now with Gumball. However Gumball has 200+ episodes so it's episodes don't even get as repetive.
they probably won't mind that

Walker

Tom and Jerry's 50th Birthday Bash was shown on CN Turkey on April 9 (Yesterday).

1712698884055.png
1712698969348.png

Boomerang Archive

TellyToon
I hadn't realised more shows were dropped from CN UK.

The daytime line-up from next week is just Teen Titans Go, Gumball and Craig of the Creek. Prince Ivandoe and Apple & Onion are still around mornings and afternoons, and Hero Inside just runs at 18:25.

But yeah, no more Adventure Time, Regular Show or We Bare/Baby Bears.
The bears are still showing on CBBC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts