"Foster's Funtime For Imaginary Friends" (Hanna Barbera Studios)

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Not sure how brand recognition works with preschool shows.
Toddlers obviously won't recognize anything going on here and parents aren't going to associate it with content suitable for kids that young...
Counterargument: Why do you think Bluey is popular with preschoolers right now?

Marble

Worms and plastic minnows!
Counterargument: Why do you think Bluey is popular with preschoolers right now?
I know very little about that show, I assumed it was popular because it was good and marketed well. Not quite sure what the counterargument is, though? I was talking mostly about why use Fosters rather than something original.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Bluey isn't based on a preexisting IP. I do plan on watching this, but Marble brings up a good point. I said before the idea of Foster's could work as a preschool show and I still stand by that, but that doesn't change the fact that most parents (of which most of kids that age right now probably grew up with the original show) aren't going to think of it as one.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
I was talking mostly about why use Fosters rather than something original.
I guess maybe because the new Fosters preschool show was made for a newer generation of preschoolers who never watch the original. So they have to reintroduced the old characters for a new audience, if that's makes sense.

I understand people were mixed on Fosters being a preschool reboot. I'm not too crazy about it either, but does it mean it's going to be bad? No. For we all know, it can be better than the original series. I don't know.

All I know is the reboot is still happening, and I'm curious how this will go.
Bluey isn't based on a preexisting IP.
I know, but I'm just giving out as a example.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Now I would've agree with you that a brand new IP would've make sense for the premise than just bringing back a pre-existed IP like Foster's. but unfortunately, we're living in world where name brand recognition gives more people extra cash. If people knows who the property is, then your IP is going to be automatically more valuable.. That's just how society we live in now.
Except Foster's is probably the last show I would use for a pre-school series, considering how one of the things the IP was most remembered for was how over the top mean spirited it could get at times, and how much of a jerk its main character was.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Except Foster's is probably the last show I would use for a pre-school series, considering how one of the things the IP was most remembered for was how over the top mean spirited it could get at times, and how much of a jerk its main character was.
TBF, that was actually remembered for all the wrong reasons, so I don't considered that a good thing, in my opinion.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I think theyre hoping some older kids will tune in. Honestly the idea and look... I can understand the idea albeit it will change the tone of the show, but the look... I dunno.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
I don't think her point was whether or not it was good. It doesn't matter if it was or not if that's what people associate with the show.
Okay fair enough. Personally, the mean spirited tone of the original Foster's really bogged down the show for me. So, I really do hope the new preschool series do fix a lot of the problems and at least make it better than the original. But hey, that's just me. You don't have to agree with me, and that's fine.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Okay fair enough. Personally, the mean spirited tone of the original Foster's really bogged down the show for me. So, I really do hope the new preschool series do fix a lot of the problems and at least make it better than the original. But hey, that's just me. You don't have to agree with me, and that's fine.
I didn't say the new show shouldn't change that. Just that some parents might not think it's something preschool kids should be watching because of it (whether the new show actually changes it or not). I didn't say anything about my personal opinion on the show itself.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'm glad to hear that both Craig McCracken's shows are in production now.
No, only this one is. He just said last month that he's still developing something PPG related. Given how recent that is and that there wasn't any news on it yesterday, I don't think that's changed.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
I didn't say the new show shouldn't change that. Just that some parents might not think it's something preschool kids should be watching because of it (whether the new show actually changes it or not). I didn't say anything about my personal opinion on the show itself.
Okay, I understand that.
No, only this one is. He just said last month that he's still developing something PPG related. Given how recent that is and that there wasn't any news on it yesterday, I don't think that's changed.
Okay, gotcha.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts