Powerpuff Girls Reboot (Hanna Barbera Studios)

Toonhead2002Ultra

Maybe aim for a slightly older demographic ala Adventure Time, Regular Show, or Steven Universe or add some continuity.
Huh, I guess this suggestion aged well. Hopefully they could add continuity and story arcs into the show in a well written way. It does make the show different from the original and 2016 shows at least. Also please add at least some sort of subtitle to the title of the show, like call it Powerpuff Girls Evolution or something, not just Powerpuff Girls like what you did six years ago.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
It's interesting that they're going that route. The last reboot went out of its way to be more like a conventional kids' cartoon.

If CN is okay with this, I wonder if whatever edicts that got Infinity Train cancelled are still in effect.

Corwin Haught

It's interesting that they're going that route. The last reboot went out of its way to be more like a conventional kids' cartoon.

If CN is okay with this, I wonder if whatever edicts that got Infinity Train cancelled are still in effect.
That edict was there had to be a kid or kid appeal character, and the PPG are still kids in this one.

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
That edict was there had to be a kid or kid appeal character, and the PPG are still kids in this one.

They also wanted more episodic slice-of-life comedies that could be rerun in any order.

Though the greenlight Genndy Tartakovsky got for Unicorn shows that the "kid" edict is up for negotiation, too. No way the execs that cancelled Infinity Train would ever approve that.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Craig says the plan is for the show to have an ongoing storyline.
Ooooh Goodie Goodie!! Really excited! :D

As Craig said, the show is still in the very early development stages, so who knows, the executives might not like Craig's ideas and will want the show to be more similar to how the 2016 reboot turned out to be.
I'm hoping and praying that wasn't the case.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Craig says they don't have a greenlight yet.

Fc4ytV1WYAIPZki.jpg

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

Fc4ytV1WYAIPZki.jpg
This is annoying because the articles all made it seem like they did get picked up already. If it won't get picked up, we will have yet another Courage/Billy and Mandy/G:KND incident. C'mon CN, just pick it up already. You want the PPG's legacy to end with the awful reboot and the CW live action series (if that is even happening at all)?

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Fc4ytV1WYAIPZki.jpg
And apparently they still haven't started as of a few days ago.

Also, I actually mentioned this on the last page (unless you mean since then, though I feel like there would have been an announcement).
This is annoying because the articles all made it seem like they did get picked up already. If it won't get picked up, we will have yet another Courage/Billy and Mandy/G:KND incident. C'mon CN, just pick it up already. You want the PPG's legacy to end with the awful reboot and the CW live action series (if that is even happening at all)?
I just checked the article linked on the first page and it actually does use the word development, but I can see how it could be confusing. I was a bit unsure myself at first.

BlooMac

Sadly, CN doesn't have a say right now. Discovery has their hands twisted and don't want their money being spent on things that don't interest them.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I'll be honest, I'd be surprised if Warner lets this stay undeveloped. The Powerpuff Girls was a big moneymaker and is still a recognizable brand, so you'd think that Zaslav would be interested in going forward with it, even if it needs to find a new home ala the new Batman series.

If anything, I'd be more worried about the new Fosters series.

Scrappy-Fan92

I would hope the current brass at WB Discovery see the financial potential in this, even with a prior divisive reboot that didn't end that long ago, but I suppose we'll see. McCracken has grown since he left the original series in the early 2000's, so I'm curious to see how he applies his current talents to his old creations. I will request one thing. I found Princess Morbucks to be more entertaining and well-rounded in the 2016 series, so I would not be opposed to her characterization getting backported to the old continuity. Though even if the new (old) production crew wanted to humor such a thing, it may cause too much dissonance given how homicidal OG Princess is.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts