General Broadcast/Free-To-Air TV thread

Moe

It looks like Charge! stopped air movies on weekend.

Comet used to air movies everyday but now, they only do on weekend.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
MyNetworkTV needs to shut down. All its programming, which is all from NBCUniversal, can be found syndicated on other outlets so there's no need for it anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

Moe

MyNetworkTV needs to shut down. All its programming, which is all from NBCUniversal, can be found syndicated on other outlets so there's no need for it anymore.
I agree, I do think that rerun of 3 Chicago shows and two L&O shows should air on Cozi that is owned by NBCUniversal.

It would make Cozi less spammy channel by remove extra episodes of sitcom shows.

Cozi is no longer full retro channel, exception of half-day on Saturday because Get, MeTV, Grit, MeTV+, H&I and Catchy Comedy already serve the purpose to air old shows. Charge!, Comet and Laff have mix of modern and retro. Ion and Ion Mystery are rerun of modern shows.

Replaces MyNetworkTV with something is better use.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Looks like the return of a legend is happening Ion Plus is coming back to broadcast TV (still streaming too)
with a new logo , gonna miss the green

Hopefully it keeps most of the same line up, I still see Murdoch Mysteries and Hudson and Rex so maybe.

Looks like Defy is going away, from July 1st. Defy and True Real seemed to have come and go real quick.

That brings me to well , since Katz is repeating himself with his new company might as well back to this post, at least there won't be two channels airing the same thing.
Free TV Networks are going to launch another diginet called Dare in July. This is basically a carbon copy of Defy TV. It is going to have the same shows. Also it’s tagline is ‘Dare to Defy’ Free TV Networks To Launch New Over-The-Air Channel In Partnership With A+E

• Informative

Moe

Yeah the A and E networks really have having fun selling their old cheap programming from A&E, History Channel etc. The Nest uses programming from A&E , Defy, the old True Real did, Quest does, Also Free TV is by the guy who started Katz Networks, now owned by Scipps, seem to be copying himself , like launching another western network, and another African American network. I am expecting him to launch another comedy network and probably another Crime channel.
Story Television got contents from A&E Networks.

Looks like the return of a legend is happening Ion Plus is coming back to broadcast TV (still streaming too)
with a new logo , gonna miss the green

Hopefully it keeps most of the same line up, I still see Murdoch Mysteries and Hudson and Rex so maybe.

Looks like Defy is going away, from July 1st. Defy and True Real seemed to have come and go real quick.

That brings me to well , since Katz is repeating himself with his new company might as well back to this post, at least there won't be two channels airing the same thing.
I'm not surprised to see Defy closes.

Oh wow about Ion Plus returns.

now, if only they do the same with qubo as their response to the launch of metv toons
No idea, even if MeTV Toons is successful, Katz could still struggles with Qubo because most kids don't watch TV anymore. Qubo and MeTV Toons have different demographic targets.

Also, weak ads market make harder for networks to expand and they have to prioritize the channels with higher viewership rate, and fewer contents.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
447732591_476501361572789_5944726530108168643_n.jpg

Story Television is changing their line up slightly from July 5th. They are doing America themed programming from Sunday the 30th of June to July 4th.
  • The series "Forged in Fire" comes to the network to air on Fridays, replacing Modern Marvels : the series.
  • Saturdays stay as Unexplained Phenomena, Sundays are still Biography and the E/I programming.
  • Mondays Military and Combat is removed and Modern Marvels takes that day.
  • Tuesdays stay as Tech and Innovation,
  • Wednesdays are still World Events, and Thursdays are still American History.
  • The Channel also continues to air their programming on 8 hour cycles 3 times a day.

Not a big fan of Forged in Fire being added , that was on Defy and thought it was heading to Dare.

In speaking of Dare, I've not seen anything about it, Free TV Networks dropped a Press release in April then walked away and never elaborated. Oh well. Either way Defy is gone on July 1 and Ion Plus is back.

In speaking of Ion Plus they are making some tweaks to their line up. Scorpion is going to air on Fridays They are cutting how much Midsomer Murders they air, but still going to air that show on Fridays too. That's really the only change. So that's good. Now people can watch Ion Plus with an antenna again.

In speaking of antennas, Antenna TV will be having a McHale's Navy 4th Of July Marathon

449042600_884479900385003_2683895625636132640_n.png

In speaking of Marathons, The Start TV Un missble Sunday line up is ending after June 30th. On July 7th they copy the rest of their normal line up most shows on a 7 day a week a line up minus copying Saturdays for CSI: Cyber and Saving Grace in the slots there.

• Informative

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Story Television is Blaze (the A+E Networks channel) but with Weigel involved, more serious and with less scripted reality content, change my mind.

Moe

Story Television is Blaze (the A+E Networks channel) but with Weigel involved, more serious and with less scripted reality content, change my mind.
That remind me of History Channel in 1990s - they were serious and educational. I enjoyed watched old Modern Marvels shows.

Look at your profile about Sony. I hopefully Sony buy A&E Networks soon and fix the mess with A&E, FYI, C&I, Lifetime, History and Vice. Sony got extensive libraries to use on those channels.

themidnightlore

Staff member
That remind me of History Channel in 1990s - they were serious and educational. I enjoyed watched old Modern Marvels shows.

Look at your profile about Sony. I hopefully Sony buy A&E Networks soon and fix the mess with A&E, FYI, C&I, Lifetime, History and Vice. Sony got extensive libraries to use on those channels.
Honestly, if Sony took Disney's part of A+E, I guess that even Get could get (pun not intended) some new stuff to air, when you think about it, the vintage A&E stuff could fit it. (Not sure how GSN would gain from that, though)

Moe

Honestly, if Sony took Disney's part of A+E, I guess that even Get could get (pun not intended) some new stuff to air, when you think about it, the vintage A&E stuff could fit it. (Not sure how GSN would gain from that, though)
Yes, Sony launched Get Comedy to air sitcom shows and they have 3 Cinevault, and one Game Show Central - all are FAST because there isn't enough bandwidth to launch those as free OTA, so FAST is easy and convenient, and Philo allow those to be recorded.

Have A&E Networks could allow them to expand and they can make more relevant to streaming era - look at example of Weigel owned channels and mix with some new contents on A&E, History and Lifetime. A&E aired Police Story in 90s that is owned by Sony. A&E stopped air drama shows in 2016.

I want A&E go back to mix of reality and drama shows, FYI air all of reality shows and biography shows, Lifetime air most drama shows and some female centric reality shows, C&I air true crime shows, police procedural and crime drama shows, History air history related shows and Vice air mix of reality and biography shows. It wouldn't be vintage but mix of new and old contents. I just want spammy to be gone and give viewers more option to watch contents that they love, rather than confused rotation from one channel to different channel, and sometime, sit in vault.

Not everyone can access to Nest, Quest and other channels to air reality shows like Shipping Wars was on Quest or Defy but not on any one of A&E Networks owned channel.

Sony has good numbers of criminal movies that can air on Lifetime and LMN.

Back in early 2000s, Lifetime had very high rating with 2 millions viewers.

themidnightlore

Staff member
Yes, Sony launched Get Comedy to air sitcom shows and they have 3 Cinevault, and one Game Show Central - all are FAST because there isn't enough bandwidth to launch those as free OTA, so FAST is easy and convenient, and Philo allow those to be recorded.

Have A&E Networks could allow them to expand and they can make more relevant to streaming era - look at example of Weigel owned channels and mix with some new contents on A&E, History and Lifetime. A&E aired Police Story in 90s that is owned by Sony. A&E stopped air drama shows in 2016.

I want A&E go back to mix of reality and drama shows, FYI air all of reality shows and biography shows, Lifetime air most drama shows and some female centric reality shows, C&I air true crime shows, police procedural and crime drama shows, History air history related shows and Vice air mix of reality and biography shows. It wouldn't be vintage but mix of new and old contents. I just want spammy to be gone and give viewers more option to watch contents that they love, rather than confused rotation from one channel to different channel, and sometime, sit in vault.

Not everyone can access to Nest, Quest and other channels to air reality shows like Shipping Wars was on Quest or Defy but not on any one of A&E Networks owned channel.

Sony has good numbers of criminal movies that can air on Lifetime and LMN.

Back in early 2000s, Lifetime had very high rating with 2 millions viewers.
A thing I did notice is that the American C+I is kinda... abandoned to itself? That one time I got to watch it, there were still bumpers relating the old branding... And that was in 2023?

• Friendly

Moe

A thing I did notice is that the American C+I is kinda... abandoned to itself? That one time I got to watch it, there were still bumpers relating the old branding... And that was in 2023?
Yeah, it is very autopilot and they haven't changed the bumper since 2000s.

A&E Networks used C&I as dumping channel for rerun of reality crime shows.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Defy--- future Dare-- The Nest, Story, Quest. A&E has found a business model where people want their own stuff. I like Story the most since I do l like old History Channel stuff.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Well this funny ,Defy has closed down and it also launched today. Yeah apparently Scripps let Free TV networks use the name and logo so Dare is Defy
And old Defy is now Ion Plus

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts