General International TV Channels Thread

Francisque

It seems very inspired by the TF1 rebrand in many bumpers

Originality is often not the forte, these days

Nobody talked about TV Nova's rebrand? Not even Checkerboard? The way they replaced the sliced circle with two interconnected rings you can draw in one sitting is pure genius.
Meh, I've seen definitely better, although I like the circle thing

This is not to say it isn't good, but no "genius", for me at least

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
For those not looking in the International Kids Channel thread, well, Great! Real is closing the 20th of August.

Truly the Sony Crime of Narrative. Let's see.
- For making the channel, they closed something that shouldn't have? Check! (Sony Channel for Sony Crime, Tiny Pop for Great! Real)
- Aired true crime content? Check! (I presume Great! Real aired that too, in the middle of their programmes)
- Lasted short? Check! (Okay, Sony Crime was around for two years, but man, when the UK Sony channels got the rebrand in 2019, Sony Crime was skipped)

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Originality is often not the forte, these days
You made me remind that Nova's Breakfast logo reminds me of the current Public TV of Ukraine logo, it's in the same position. I don't remember what channel or division has it in yellow, think it's Kultura, which due to United News Marathon has been absorbing First's content

RONTV

For those not looking in the International Kids Channel thread, well, Great! Real is closing the 20th of August.

Truly the Sony Crime of Narrative. Let's see.
- For making the channel, they closed something that shouldn't have? Check! (Sony Channel for Sony Crime, Tiny Pop for Great! Real)
- Aired true crime content? Check! (I presume Great! Real aired that too, in the middle of their programmes)
- Lasted short? Check! (Okay, Sony Crime was around for two years, but man, when the UK Sony channels got the rebrand in 2019, Sony Crime was skipped)
That's it? Just 5 months since launch and it's closing down but at least, they're bring back Tiny Pop because probably backlash from parents or something.

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
last November 1, 2023, as part of "Fantastic Television Limited" (now "I-Cable HOY Limited")'s efforts to unify its channels under "HOY" brand, HKIBC was renamed to HOY IBC (also known as "HOY 76") (and HOY TV and HOY Infotainment gained its alternative names, "HOY 77" and "HOY 78" respectively)

HOY IBC continuity from today.

Last edited:

J10

Sounds like they'll update TVP Info logo.

"Headquarters for Sale From September, TVP Info will have a new logo, antenna design and will be broadcast from a new studio on Woronicza Street. However, the previous headquarters of the station, at Powstańców Warszawy Square, may be sold", announces the general director of Telewizja Polska, Tomasz Sygut.

canyuksel97

From August 28th, NASA TV and Its Possible 4K Channel Called NASA TV UHD
Will Not Be Available On Eutelsat's Hotbird 13° East Satellite To Europe, Middle East And North Africa.

After This Date, NASA TV Will Be Available Only On NASA+, NASA's New Free Streaming Service.

Before The Closure, An Ticker Is Shown About NASA TV's Closure On Satellite.

To All Members, You Will Record A Final Closedown Of NASA TV Via Hotbird On August 28th.
After Recording, It Will Be Uploaded To Youtube.
IMG_20240818_195303_313.jpg

IMG_20240818_195306_926.jpg

IMG_20240818_195315_501.jpg
IMG_20240818_195438_504.jpg

Last edited:

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member

How Sky Italia appears on very old Sky HD receivers (the original ones without recording functionality)

How Sky UK appears these days on even older Sky SD digiboxes

Here in Italy the SD channels I think are completely switched off
Here in Italy the SD channels I think are completely switched off... Unless you're a kids channel not named Cartoon Network or Boomerang, MTV Music (that is incredibly useless those days), Comedy Central or CNN. HD only on Sky Glass and Stream.

Francisque

Here in Italy the SD channels I think are completely switched off... Unless you're a kids channel not named Cartoon Network or Boomerang, MTV Music (that is incredibly useless those days), Comedy Central or CNN. HD only on Sky Glass and Stream.
Yeah but even these are switched to DVB-S2, making it impossible for SD receivers to get them

canyuksel97

Here In Türkiye, The First SD Switchoff Was Happened On The D-Smart Platform In December 2015.
This Was Not Affected The SD Version Of Kanal D and TV2 (now Teve2) Respectively.
And Also Not Affected To D-Smart HD and HD+ Receivers.

Firstly, In Mid-December, SD Version Of Smart Spor and Smart Spor 2 Went From Encrypted To Free-To-Air.

Days After, All D-Smart SD Channels (Excluding Erotica TV & Penthouse) Went To Free-To-Air For One Final Time,
Before They Finally Ended Their SD Broadcast At Midnight On 1st Of January 2016.

Afterwards, All D-Smart Channels Has Upgraded From SD To Full HD Only.
In Addition, T.A.Y. TV (Horse Racing Channel) Was Also Switched To Full HD To Avoid Shutdown.
However, The Last Existing Channel On SD Called Luli, And It Was Ceased Broadcasting On The Same Day.
GPhuCVb.png

aXzqkUE.png

QDmop1o.png

And Here Is The Channel Surfing Of An Satellite Receiver,
Including D-Smart SD Channels Went To FTA Before Switching Off.

Few Years Later, Kablo TV and Digiturk Has Stopped SD Broadcasts And Fully Switched To HD Format.

Last edited:

Insidus

Last edited:

canyuksel97

Also, Tabii Has Switched To Paywall System To Become As An Paid Streaming Service.
However, The Free Version Remains And Includes All TRT TV Channels And Contents For Free.

The Reason For Switching To Pay Version Because UEFA CL/EL/ECL Is Coming Up In September.
With Turkish Teams Will Be Airing Live In Free-To-Air On TRT 1 And In Some Cases, TRT Spor.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts