"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

the greenman

Hopefully not just to get killed off :p.
I trust the source, and I never believed that they were 100% out. It sounded like the writers were not allowed at first, then there was so much backlash online, and rumors of them being snapped and then this taking place during the blip. Honestly I consider these Three a team of sorts. Hope springs eternal.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
An insider claims the decision to bring Karen and Foggy back was made last week and the characters were originally planned to die offscreen between the events of Daredevil Season 3 and the new series.
Here is my guess for how that happened. Feige killed them off as a middle finger to the Netflix stuff and to wash his hands of it. He probably hates it. For good reason. It sucks. But he realized last week that would piss off people who were FANS of the Netflix stuff, and backpedaled like a sane showrunner would.

What amazes me is that this only occurred to him during the reshoots. This is something Feige would have known and factored in even five years ago.

His plate is currently too full. He's making sloppy mistakes because there is SO much material coming out. I can't even blame him for it. He's just one dude. I just wish he had people producing these shows who have the touch he used to have (like the Russos). Part of avoiding mistakes in television is having a skeptical second in command who tells you when your ideas suck. Feige needs that at this point. At least as long as he is producing as many Marvel movies and shows as he is, and insanely insisting they be connected. He's spread too thin and it shows.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
An insider claims the decision to bring Karen and Foggy back was made last week and the characters were originally planned to die offscreen between the events of Daredevil Season 3 and the new series.
Yeah, I'm going to take that the two were planned to be killed off between the third season of the Netflix series and the first season of the Disney+ revival with a grain of salt unless we get confirmation of such from the original head writers who left as a result of the creative overhaul after the WGA strikes three months ago.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yeah, I'm going to take that the two were planned to be killed off between the third season of the Netflix series and the first season of the Disney+ revival with a grain of salt unless we get confirmation of such from the original head writers who left as a result of the creative overhaul after the WGA strikes three months ago.
It sounds totally credible to me. Feige has been denying the canonicity of the Marvel Television stuff for years. I don't think him acknowledging it was a choice he wanted to make. But you can't really "soft reboot" Daredevil if you are using the same actor for both him and Kingpin. There are now expectations there. I suspect Foggy and Karen were wormfood while Feige was in denial about that fact. The reality of it has changed his mind. Good for him.

the greenman

So, from what is being reported, Feige only had time to check out the DD: ba material during the strikes. This, coupled with the bad reviews of Secret invasion caused him to look at the reviews of DD Netflix. He has stated he never watched it in the past, but I don't think he really wants a TV series, but a film. Ya know, like he did at FOX.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Maybe they'll even appear in Spider-Man 4 :p?
1/15: Most likely given the rumors. Too bad they can't do like a 4 episode Civil War event series for the vigilantes on D+'s Marvel Spotlight with Spider-Man guest starring. I know a lot of great Spider-Man crossovers had the other Marvel heroes, I read Maximum Carnage back in the day, but I still yearn for a stand-alone Spider-Man movie with no hero guest stars.

EDIT: Hahn says they only have a few days of pick up left for Agatha.

1/16: D'Onofrio talks about how he found out about the Netflix canonicty, Echo, and Born Again reset.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I quit DA yesterday due to storage reasons and Core blocking me from everything. The account won't be deactivated: it went into the "archival" state.
The arts thread here will continue as usual. :)
The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.

Featured Posts