"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddy313

I am sorry but if Marvel animation did a better job like I know they can, I will not talk at all.

So no I am not closed minded, I am very disappointed.

Let's review, Washed out colours check, crap rendering check, bad lighting check check check.

Frontier

Staff member
Scientist Supreme was a major villain in Hickman's Avengers, surprised to see him here. Assuming it's the same guy I guess.

Weird that the promos keep referring to Ant-Man as though he's a guest star. He's not in the screencap either.

635887970823347810-142175-01.jpg
I wonder if it is the specific Scientist Supreme that Hickman used. Would be cool if it was :cool:.

I'm surprised Cap and Widow are the only members of the team with prominent costume changes. Well, Hulk now has Avengers pants apparently and I think the gold lines on Thor are maybe more prominent now. And Sam's apparently getting a more movie-inspired costume eventually. You'd think they'd update Hawkeye and Iron Man's looks too o_O.

Can't say I'm digging the tron lines on Widow, I think they worked better in the movie, and I think I prefer the more classic animated look Cap had been sporting before. Just my two cents :sweat:.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I give up the show still looks like crap visually and it's not changing anytime soon. I can't believe Disney is letting this happen.
What's crap is that we're getting the same plot device and trope again. Listen, I understand they're redoing the Civil War, cool. But another Adaptoid episode where the team needs to work together to win? Come on fam.

Frontier

Staff member
What's crap is that we're getting the same plot device and trope again. Listen, I understand they're redoing the Civil War, cool. But another Adaptoid episode where the team needs to work together to win? Come on fam.
I feel like this is the third or fourth time in this series where the group has had to come back together and learn to work well as a team again :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member
It sucks that they're putting Cap and Widow in the movie suits. The season two designs were already pretty good.
Yeah, I have to say I much prefer their old looks to what we're getting with the AoU suits. Both seem a little too busy, and the Tron lines on Widow just looks very unnecessary o_O.

Frankly, I think Iron Man and Hawkeye could've used a costume update more then Cap and Widow did :shrug:.

TheLemsterPju

There's a 4th season of Avengers Assemble in the works, according to ABC's 75th Anniversary of Captain America special.

RoryWilliams

It also illustrates the inherent problem with trying so hard to ape the movies, in that by the time the next movie is coming around, neither Cap nor Widow are wearing those costumes anymore (though Cap's new one is still very similar).

They had the same problem last year when they put Cap in his new stealth uniform from the Winter Soldier...which was already a year old by that point.

Frontier

Staff member
It also illustrates the inherent problem with trying so hard to ape the movies, in that by the time the next movie is coming around, neither Cap nor Widow are wearing those costumes anymore (though Cap's new one is still very similar).

They had the same problem last year when they put Cap in his new stealth uniform from the Winter Soldier...which was already a year old by that point.
At least he only used it for three episodes instead of the entire season :sweat:.

About the most timely movie tie-in for season 2 was the Ultron arc and Ant-Man getting a big focus, but even those were very different from what the films had going on aside from the random "There are no strings on me" Ultron said in the last episode of the arc and Ant-Man being Scott :shrug:.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
The suits are great in the live-action movies where we went from getting black leather X-Men suits to the "as close to comic accurate as possible" costumes we get today. I just wish they'd take full advantage of the medium and have some fun with the designs instead of being slaves to the movie looks. Maybe I'm too old school or stuck in the days of the circus strongman look but personally, it just feels like Marvel keeps making the costumes in the books and cartoons blander and blander.

It is kind of funny that Iron Man has pretty much stuck with the same look since Flight of the Iron Spider when we know he's the guy designing a new suit of armor every other week. It's kind of like when every other Avenger got a second main look in Earth's Mightiest Heroes except Jan the fashionplate.

On another note, was there ever a mention whether Adrian Pasdar is coming back or Mick Wingert might be taking over as Iron Man?

Frontier

Staff member
It is kind of funny that Iron Man has pretty much stuck with the same look since Flight of the Iron Spider when we know he's the guy designing a new suit of armor every other week. It's kind of like when every other Avenger got a second main look in Earth's Mightiest Heroes except Jan the fashionplate.
Heck, even when he supposedly upgrades the Armors they still look exactly the same :p.

Though that reminds me that the Mark IX Armor for Iron Man in season 2 was really cool. I wish the cartoons would give him something like that, especially when Tony's current Armor kinda looks outdated compared to all the recent movie Armors. It's like he's stuck in his Armor from the original Avengers for some reason :sweat:.

Yeah, ironically the one Avenger best known for multiple costumes and fashion is the only one who never changed her outfit. Though at least the creators were honest about why: they just really liked the costume for Jan they designed for the show. Frankly, I can't blame them ;).

On another note, was there ever a mention whether Adrian Pasdar is coming back or Mick Wingert might be taking over as Iron Man?
I remember asking Wacker about this but I don't think he ever responded. I also wonder if Matthew Mercer is taking over as Cap o_O?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
I just hope they fight the Guardians of the Galaxy again, Widow's run is one of my favorite episodes because of this and other reasons.

I'm pretty sure we'll get one. Marvel loves crossovers and GoG episodes tend to be good in action, even if they're largely throwaway.

strugler

One of the oversees animators posts on NeoGAF said the S3 animation he worked on most definitely has Pasdar and Smith
Really? did he reveal anything about the show? any changes, plot points or anything like that? also could you give me the link for the thread.

Thanks

Frontier

Staff member
One of the oversees animators posts on NeoGAF said the S3 animation he worked on most definitely has Pasdar and Smith
Huh, really? I wonder why they brought in Mick Wingert for the animated specials and why Matthew Mercer was Cap for Frost Fight then. That still seems kinda odd o_O.

Sigh...should've expected as much :(.

the new Avengers announced for the season will appear more than once. I kind of figured this last one was pretty obvious but it's nice to have a confirmation.
It doesn't sound like any of them are joining the team permanently though, so I wonder how it'll work. I guess with the whole "Avengers Unlimited" thing, each hero will still be an Avenger while still going off and doing their own thing while interesecting with the main team every once in a while :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts