The "Classic" Powerpuff Girls

fanboy

Remember when the Powerpuff Girls was a good (was animated by Hanna-Barbera Studios) before the Powerpuff Girls Movie. Now it's too kiddy (Animated by Cartoon Network Studios).

This show was really good when was done by Craig McCracken. Now the new artist make the show too boring. The only good thing on the new Powerpuff Girls is the animation, because the rest it is too boring and a little childish.
I can really say that the movie ruined the show.:mad: :sad:

Zach

Have to agree. Like most Cartoon Cartoons, PPG's early seasons are the best.

littleyoshi

I prefer the earlier episodes also but I still like the show now. This often happens when cartoons have been around for a while. They get a new director then the show isnt as good.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
In most cases (especially durring the 90's) the best seasons of any show was the first season.

Ninja Turtles, Spider-Man: TAS, and Dexter's Lab to name a few.

Frank15

Uptight, Yet Ditzy
Hyper Sensei said:
In most cases (especially durring the 90's) the best seasons of any show was the first season...and Dexter's Lab to name a few.
Dexter's Laboratory's first season has got to be one of the most overrated cartoons ever. I'm sorry, but Dexter was not that good until its second season. Aside from the better Kat Cressida becoming the new voice of Dee Dee, the writing itself was so much improved from Season 1 Dexter. Someone else besides me must have noticed...

I think when many people talk about how much better old Dexter was to new Dexter nowadays, they're specifically referring to Season 2, and not Season 1.

wrenchien

it was the greatest miracle that the series survived in its first known episode, roaches and kids going to jail for breaking out of jail to clear their names so they wouldn't have to be in jail.

really, really sad. i'm glad they don't air the classic early ppg much anymore, or rotate the ppg episodes in primetime anymore.

Narfcake

fanboy said:
Remember when the Powerpuff Girls was a good (was animated by Hanna-Barbera Studios) before the Powerpuff Girls Movie. Now it's too kiddy (Animated by Cartoon Network Studios).
FWIW, the old HB logo at the end was just because Craig liked it when he was a kid. It's always been done at CN Studios.

-- Kane ... granted, the early "studio" was just various floors of various bank buildings in Sherman Oaks.

CookieS

Narfcake said:
FWIW, the old HB logo at the end was just because Craig liked it when he was a kid. It's always been done at CN Studios.
Actually no. In 2000, Turner decided to group their assets and combine Hanna Barbera Studios (which they bought many years ago), and move the company to a new faucility. When they moved, they renamed the studio to "Cartoon Network Studios" because the name was more approiate (CN and HB were the same thing at this point). The first season of The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, and Cow & Chicken were done at Hanna Barbera.

Dexter's Lab (season 2 - midway), PPG (season 3) were at the new CN Studios.

Interesting fact: Cartoon Network Studios is actually the same building that was the mall in the 80's movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Somebody please give me a show that I won't ever regret watching.
Samurai Champloo, $5 on Apple TV. I know the series is 20 years old which is, like, 100 years in anime world, but definitely worth the buy!
I now genuinely want to see Steve Blum voice Kermit in something official. He is spot on.

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.

Featured Posts