Toonzone/Anime Superhero "Battle of the Brackets" Bonus Round thread (2024 edition)!

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with The Emperor's New Groove. It's a fun movie with good humor, likable characters and some pretty memorable villains too.

I haven't seen much of Rescuers Down Under, but it looks goods, so I'll try to watch it sometime.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This one was also SUPER CLOSE, but in the end....

The Winner:

The Emperor's New Grove!!

"Rescuers Down Under" is eliminated, and "Emperor's New Grove" gets to stay in the main tournament!

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
And now....how about some extra matches!! These aren't to try and break into the main tournament, this is just to point out some "Borderline" entries that didn't quite make the cut, or to just have some fun with things related to "Disney Animation".

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Pete's Dragon is a truer hybrid, but Mary Poppins is the better movie. Since this match is just for fun (meaning I can vote!), I'll pick quality over semantics and go with Poppins.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I guess I'll go with Mary Poppins. I've never seen the full movie, but the songs are still pretty catchy.

I've also never seen Pete's Dragon, so Mary Poppins gets my vote by default.

Shiloh Otter

in my 2nd LPS era
Mary Poppins has Dick Van Dyke in it. I give it my vote for that reason only.

I can't say I'm much of a fan of it but I've never seen Pete's Dragon in my life.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The Winner:

Mary Poppins!!

Mary Poppins wins....nothing! These are two live action Disney films that used a lot of Disney animation, mixed in with the live action, and I just wanted to see which of the two people had more fond memories of....

Onward, to the next match!

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary
To this day, ever since 2016. I have rightfully hoped that the BVS Entertainment library will be fully released one day. There will be a day where we see high quality masters of these shows.

I plan to stay optimistic.
Say what you will about the contents of their videos but Troom Troom sure knows how to entice their viewers with an intriguing concept!

Featured Posts