Toonzone/Anime Superhero "Battle of the Brackets" Bonus Round thread (2024 edition)!

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It's time for....

The Sequel Cage Match!!

aka Bonus Match #4:

Cars 2

Versus:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Six "Meh" sequels enter the ring...only one can exit the winner!! Who will it be?!?

Shiloh Otter

Don't call me "Needy"!
Finding Dory. I not only think it's better than Finding Nemo, but is also my 2nd-favorite Pixar movie ever.

I also unironically love Cars 2, but Finding Dory just edges it out.

These are not popular opinions perhaps, but they are mine.

I haven't actually seen Cars 3 yet and probably should (most fans of the Cars franchise actually consider it to be the best of the 3).

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Incredibles 2 gets my vote. It’s not as good as the first, but I still found it pretty enjoyable and I just liked being in that world again.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
I’m voting for Cars 2 which I honestly really like. Cars 3 and Finding Dory are solid sequels, but they don’t have the same rewatch value to me. Frozen II was a mess of a movie, but it did have some good songs and the part where Olaf re-enacts the first movie was absolutely hysterical. I really like the way the internet was personified in Ralph Breaks the Internet, but it otherwise felt like a DTV sequel. Incredibles II just wasn’t that great.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Out of all of these sequels, I've only seen The Increidbles 2 and Cars 2, so out of those options, I'll go with The Incredibles 2. It wasn't a great follow up to the first movie, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable. It might have been better received if it didn't take as long for it to be released. I remember people wanting a sequel to The Incredibles for years.

Cars 2 was pretty strange, but still kind of enjoyable though.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I was actually pretty interested to see who would win this match.

"Ralph Breaks the Internet" and "Cars 3" apparently go tossed out of the cage quickly, and "Finding Dory" put up a fight, but in the end.....

The Winner:

Incredibles 2!!

Onward, to the next match!

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

nickatnite.com and nick.com schedules for The Neighborhood somehow have episode synopsis but not all: Example: early Sun Jul 21 5:34am - Welcome to the Stakeout, Synopsis: "When there’s a break-in at Calvin’s business, he teams up with Dave for a stakeout to catch the culprit in the act."
I am so tired of all the negativity. Can we have some good news about the entertainment industry for a change?
Randomly spotting Runaways streaming on The CW app. I guess Disney removed it from services where they get ad money to license it to another service for ad money.
Why do all the animation greats do these stupid things?
I have actually underestimated how much stuff Wildbrain owns! I can't believe they own Gadget and the Gadgetinis. I wonder when they got back the rights outside of the US

Featured Posts