Toonzone/Anime Superhero "Battle of the Brackets" Bonus Round thread (2024 edition)!

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
EXTRA Bonus Match #2:

DuckTales The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp!

Versus:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
It's the battle of "Disney TV shows that got movies in theaters"! Which do you prefer?!?

Shiloh Otter

in my 2nd LPS era
I don't remember much about Treasure of the Lost Lamp, other than the fact I remember loving it when I was a lot younger than I am now.

While I liked Recess as a series, I never actually watched School's Out.

Treasure of the Lost Lamp gets my vote by default.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp. I watched it a million times as a kid and when I rewatched it again a few years ago and was overloaded with nostalgia. I’m not sure if I ever seen Recess: School’s Out. I may have seen it in passing on Toon Disney, but I really want to say my brother saw it in theaters with his friend and told me all about it.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
DuckTales for me. It's funny, I probably have more personal nostalgia for Recess as a series- while DuckTales is one of my favorite cartoons now, I became particularly attached as an adult, and only watched it occasionally as a child- but I remember watching the movie a LOT as a kid, certainly more than School's Out, which I only rented once when it came out.

I've seen both somewhat recently, and I'd still say Treasures of the Lost Lamp is better.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with DuckTales Treasures of the Lost Lamp. I only vaguely remember watching it, while I don't think I saw much of the original series, but I remember liking it and there is some nostalgic charm to it too.

I like Recess and School's Out was a good movie finale for the series, but I think the series as a whole was more memorable to me than the movie itself was.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Man, both of those trailers were pretty shoddy.

Or "The greatest thing ever!" if you were a kid in 1990 or 2001.

The voting went back and forth, but in the end....

The Winner:

Ducktales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp!!

Onward, to the next match!

Last edited:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Because "Walt Disney Pictures" isn't always something animated by Disney or Pixar.....

Shiloh Otter

in my 2nd LPS era
Oh geez, this is a hard one for all the wrong reasons.

Both of these are genuinely terrible, but maybe The Wild less so. So yeah, The Wild.

JoeMabbon

Autobot
I haven't seen either of those films, but Mars Needs Moms was mocked a lot on a internet forum I belonged to years and years ago. I will issue my first abstention of the tournament.

Or "The greatest thing ever!" if you were a kid in 1990 or 2001.
I was a kid then (nearabouts anyway) and I saw both, but this is my first time seeing those trailers. And gotta say they did those movies no favors.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
I’m going with Mars Needs Moms. I actually kind of like it but I think it would be better if just the martians were motion capture and the rest was live action. The Wild is seriously one of the most uninspired movies I’ve seen in my life.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I guess I'll go with The Wild. It wasn't a great movie, but I thought it was okay and had some funny moments.

I've seen Mars Needs Moms and while it also wasn't good, I didn't think it was that bad either. If the character designs for the humans were more appealing or if it wasn't motion captured, I don't think that it would have gotten as much backlash as it did at the time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary
To this day, ever since 2016. I have rightfully hoped that the BVS Entertainment library will be fully released one day. There will be a day where we see high quality masters of these shows.

I plan to stay optimistic.
Say what you will about the contents of their videos but Troom Troom sure knows how to entice their viewers with an intriguing concept!

Featured Posts