"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Well...that's kinda odd. Especially when someone else already stated they were likely to appear in the future. I wonder if that's higher up the corporate ladder then Wacker is o_O?
It would be interesting to see Anya, but I'm not sure how they could work her in. But if she ends up becoming Spider-Girl on the show, another thing for Wacker to check off :p.
Y'know, I like the ANAD Avengers, and I think the Amazing Friends style trio of Miles, Kamala, and Sam in the comics is neat, but I want Miles and Kamala to say the heck away from Sam in the cartoons unless they change his personality to be more like his comic counterpart. At this point I think he'd just drag the two of them down if they met up :mad:.

Actually, at this point, since Peter's apparently already graduated high school and he and Sam were shown to be the same year, wouldn't Sam probably be older then both Miles and Kamala :confused:?
Like not being Eddie Brock, for one. Probably the same look and powers, but somebody else might become Anti-Venom.

Roxas_Sora

I have a list of suspictions about future events in the series. These are simply my ideas, some of them influenced by rumors I heard, but considering how the new season is developing, I think I could be right about some of them. Let's see:

+ Anti-Venom will play a very important role against the Sinister Six. He will cure several villains, leaving Ock without members of his Sinister Six. Those villains will likely be the ones trapped in the line between ally and foe: Vulture, Rhino, Lizard and maybe Sandman.
+ Anti-Venom could either be Ben Reilly or Alex O'Hirn, Rhino cured. In his debut, Rhino said he wanted to be like Spider-Man; so it could be. Besides, it would be ironic to have Alex and Flash in the roles of Anti-Venom and Agent Venom.
+ The main members of the Sinister Six will be Doctor Octopus, Kraven, Electro and the Goblin. Eventually, Mysterio and "Carnage" will join the ranks.
+ We could have something similar to the "Clone Saga", with Kaine not being the only one.
+ Jessica Drew could debut, being an amalgam of both the classic and Ultimate version. Classic for having roots with Hydra, Ultimate for being a female clone of Peter.
+ Ock will eventually betray Hydra and he will create his own organization: H.A.M.M.E.R.
+ We could have an arc similar to "Ends of the Earth".

+ The new "Spider-Verse" arc could be influenced by the videogame "Shaterred Dimensions". For example, pieces of Baron Mordo taking the place of the Tablet of Time and Space. Mysterio could get real powers in this arc.
+ In the new "Spider-Verse" arc, we could see a battle between "Good Spiders" vs "Evil Spiders". And guess who could lead the evil Spiders: an alternative Superior Spider-Man.
+ The new Carnage to debut in the future Symbiote's arc could be a clone of Peter, similar to Kaine in it's origins.
+ Shriek could merge with Carnage's symbiote and become Scream, being the "mother" of other symbiotes (Lasher, Phage, Agony and Riot).
+ Doc Ock's new Sinsiter could be formed by members who can lead armies of soldiers. Ock has his Octobots, the Goblin could have Hydra-Goblins, Kraven could have animal mutants (based in Vulture, Lizard, Rhino and others), Electro could have energy clones of himself, Mysterio can have minor villains (Superior Foes of Spider-Man) and Carnage/Scream can have symbiotes. Following this pattern, Scorpion could have Spider-Slayers, if they debut.

Well, what do you think?

Frontier

Staff member
Clip from "Double Agent venom", from Marvel's YouTube channel:

It looks like Kraven's new Armor has given him a bit of a gut :p.

Though I kinda have to wonder why Kraven would want to be a part of a new Sinister Six given the last two times he was a member didn't go so well...though I guess he wants to join the "winning team" of Hydra o_O.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
It looks like Kraven's new Armor has given him a bit of a gut :p.

Though I kinda have to wonder why Kraven would want to be a part of a new Sinister Six given the last two times he was a member didn't go so well...though I guess he wants to join the "winning team" of Hydra o_O.
Probably like G1 Megatron keeping Starscream where Starscream was the only not stupid member other than Soundwave and Shockwave and as a result Megatron tended to forgive his treachery.

I mean, look at the team. Vulture is insane, Goblin has no problem killing allies and Rhino is an idiot.

Frontier

Staff member
Probably like G1 Megatron keeping Starscream where Starscream was the only not stupid member other than Soundwave and Shockwave and as a result Megatron tended to forgive his treachery.

I mean, look at the team. Vulture is insane, Goblin has no problem killing allies and Rhino is an idiot.
True, though Vulture's not actually a member of the Six because he ruined his chances by going against Ock at the end, now he's a mindless husk, and we don't have confirmation if Rhino's a member yet.

Though if he actually pulled off the Lizard attack, it shows there might be some more of Alex's intelligence in his Rhino form...

Roxas_Sora

Guys, those of you who read "Amazing Spider-Man", have you read the recent news? It appears that in "Amazing Spider-Man #15", Mary Jane Watson will wear the Iron Spider's armor. If the rumours about the next Spider to join the Web Warriors being Mary Jane are correct, would you like to see her wearing the armor in the series too?

Frontier

Staff member
Guys, those of you who read "Amazing Spider-Man", have you read the recent news? It appears that in "Amazing Spider-Man #15", Mary Jane Watson will wear the Iron Spider's armor. If the rumours about the next Spider to join the Web Warriors being Mary Jane are correct, would you like to see her wearing the armor in the series too?
I'm kinda indifferent to her wearing it in the comics, so I can't say I'd be crazy about her doing it on USM because making her a Superhero kinda lessens part of the appeal of MJ's character in my opinion. Not that I expect comic writers or the showriters to understand that :sweat:.

But I don't see her getting the Iron Spider armor on the show. Amadeus is the genius of the team, outside of Peter, so him using the teched out Spider-suit makes more sense.

Frontier

Staff member
"What's wrong with you Flint?" Spidey, have you not been paying attention to Sandman's characterization on this show :sweat:?

Wonder how Vulture factors into things, especially when he was basically just transformed into a mindless animal in his last appearance o_O.

So we've had practically two Miles team-up episodes, practically two Scarlet team-up episodes, and now an Iron Spider team-up. I wonder if "Anti-Venom" will be an Agent Venom team-up :cool:?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
So we've had practically two Miles team-up episodes, practically two Scarlet team-up episodes, and now an Iron Spider team-up. I wonder if "Anti-Venom" will be an Agent Venom team-up :cool:?

I thought "Lizards" was a team-up with Iron Spider as well, for the most part.

And yeah, I'm guessing Agent Venom will have a larger role in "Anti-Venom".

Frontier

Staff member
I thought "Lizards" was a team-up with Iron Spider as well, for the most part.

And yeah, I'm guessing Agent Venom will have a larger role in "Anti-Venom".
That's a fair point, though given the rest of the Web Warriors were in the episode and in action, I think of it as more of a "team" episode ;).

Frontier

Staff member
It looks like Sandman's split himself up..and maybe split his personalities as well. Another element from the Wacker's tenure on Spider-Man as I recall :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Low resolution look at Anti-Venom, from a TV promo:

G2uVbCs.png

(Check the Avengers Assemble News & Discussion thread for the full promo).

Roxas_Sora

Low resolution look at Anti-Venom, from a TV promo:

G2uVbCs.png

(Check the Avengers Assemble News & Discussion thread for the full promo).
Ha!! I have been telling you since Season 3 that Anti-Venom would appear. And now, we finally got him!! I have great expectations with this character. Now, the big question around here is, who is Anti-Venom? Without Eddie Brock around here, there are few options I can imagine:
+ Harry Osborn: Most logical, considering he was the original Venom, but since he's now wearing the aromor of the "American Son", it seems unlikely.
+ Ben Reilly: He was the host of Carnage once, and since Kaine takes the Scarlet Spider's thing, I think this oculd be a good identity for Ben Reilly; because I'm pretty sure Kaine won't be the only clone around here.
+ Alex O'Hirn: A potentially cured Rhino is another option, but after his last appearance, I'm not convinced about it.

Now, what I expect the most is for Anti-Venom to end joining the Web Warriors as another Spider of the team, possibly taking a more human apperance similar to Spider-Man FF's costume:
3097632-6588547209-16801.jpg

I really can't wait for this episode. By the way, can somebody explain why the webs are not out the synopsis of the next two episodes already? What are they waiting for?!!

Anyway, I just noticed a couple of curious scenes in the preview, for those who didn't realize them. I would say is from the episode "Force of the Nature", which I thought it would be about Electro, and I hope to be right. However, it seems it can have some other surprises:
+ There are a few scenes where Spider-Man and Miles fight against what it seems living water. That can only mean one thing, the debut of a villain I have been suspecting from a long time: HYDRO-MAN!!!
+ There are a few scenes where it seems Spidey and Miles are fighting in Queens. Could this means Doc Ock has found Aunt May and he pretends to attack her to hurt Spider-Man?

What do you think, guys?

TheLemsterPju

+ There are a few scenes where Spider-Man and Miles fight against what it seems living water. That can only mean one thing, the debut of a villain I have been suspecting from a long time: HYDRO-MAN!!!

Good eye!

I think the only worthwhile Spider-Man villains who haven't appeared or aren't confirmed to apear in this animated universe at this point are:
* Alistair Smythe
* Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
* Beetle (Leila Davis; another female Beetle!)

* Black Cat
* Calypso
* Cletus Kassidy
* Demogoblin
* Doppleganger
* Eddie Brock
* Frederick Foswell
* Gibbon
* Hammerhead
* Hobgoblin
* Hypno-Hustler
* Iguana
* Jackal
* Kingpin
* Man Mountain Marko
* Mister Negative
* Morbius
* Morlun

* Puma
* Rocket Racer
* Scream
* Silver Sable
* Silvermaine
* Spidercide
* Tarantula
* The Living Brain
* Tinkerer
* Tombstone
* Vermin
* White Rabbit
* Will o' the Wisp

I know, big list. I'm not sure if they could cover them all in two more seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I quit DA yesterday due to storage reasons and Core blocking me from everything. The account won't be deactivated: it went into the "archival" state.
The arts thread here will continue as usual. :)
The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.

Featured Posts