"Wolverine and The X-Men" International Airings Talkback, Part 2 (Spoilers)

suss2it

It did. It was a very good episode, some good fights with the Sentinals, and iCan really see that they're setting us up for a good season finale. And wow, Magneto is pretty much a prick to Quicksilver.

CaptainCanada

Lots of action in this one, and pretty good action overall (these Sentinels are way more durable than the 90s ones tended to be (or they are in the comics now), though the continually non-fatal energy blasts are still here).

The Kitty as a babysitter stuff was cute, though, unless I missed it, they didn't say anything about what they did with the MRD guys who went into the mansion; Emma could deal with that, I suppose.

One minor nit I have is the ambiguous time travel in this series; the X-Men have already done stuff like prevent the destruction of Africa, which should have huge consequences on the future, but Xavier determines that Master Mold survived by the fact that the future he's in hasn't changed. More to the point, and I just realized this, Professor X has got Domino with him; if the future is changing constantly, shouldn't she have some idea of what happened?

suss2it

Lots of action in this one, and pretty good action overall (these Sentinels are way more durable than the 90s ones tended to be (or they are in the comics now), though the continually non-fatal energy blasts are still here).

The Kitty as a babysitter stuff was cute, though, unless I missed it, they didn't say anything about what they did with the MRD guys who went into the mansion; Emma could deal with that, I suppose.

One minor nit I have is the ambiguous time travel in this series; the X-Men have already done stuff like prevent the destruction of Africa, which should have huge consequences on the future, but Xavier determines that Master Mold survived by the fact that the future he's in hasn't changed. More to the point, and I just realized this, Professor X has got Domino with him; if the future is changing constantly, shouldn't she have some idea of what happened?
Time Travel is a tricky thing, and it isn't making too much sense in the show, and iDon't think they're gonna bother explaining it anytime soon.

And Wolverine told Emma, to mindwipe the MRD agents.

ShadowStar

The news and discussion thread is pretty much dead, so I thought I'd talk about the UK airings here, if that's OK. We just had "eXcessive Force" and "Battle Lines" today, and both were fairly enjoyable. I maintain that "eXcessive Force" was a little disappointing, but it's got Mr. Sinister and the Marauders, so there's not much to dislike. Rogue's return to the fold in "Battle Lines" seemed a bit sudden and I could have done with more Juggernaut and Blink, but it was a very solid end to the first half of the first season. A pity that Emma's nose getting broken by Quicksilver was cut out, though they kept the part where she exclaims that he broke her nose! Roll on the next few episodes!

Nightcrawler

Backlash was another solid effort. We've waited so long for the Sentinels to be introduced into the present time, and now they are here. They're certainly not the tin cans I remember from the 90's series.

creativerealms

Powerwise they are somewhere between the tin cans of the ninties series and the Sentinal from Evo that owned every X-men and Brotherhood member at the same time.

B-kun

Fear the cat-eared dog demon

No offense, but this is the Canadian discussion thread. If the other thread's dead, just bump it back up. I doubt anyone will mind if it's real content.

And this episode was AWESOME. Angel was actually fairly useful in his opening battle and everyone in general had a part. I loved Emma's use of her diamond form (which I was afraid the writers forgot about) and Cyclops acting like CYCLOPS. HE WAS GIVING OUT ORDERS THAT *QUICKSILVER* LISTENED TO.

This may be one of my favorite episodes.

ShadowStar

No offense, but this is the Canadian discussion thread. If the other thread's dead, just bump it back up. I doubt anyone will mind if it's real content.

OK, you have a point. If I think of anything that really needs to be said about episodes 14-16 and 18-19 when they air in the UK, I'll post them in that thread (it looks like episode 17 is being skipped in the UK). There'll be a UK talkback thread when episodes 20-22 (and presumably 23-26) air in the UK ahead of Canada.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Now this is what I've been wanting. This episode was damn good, the action scenes have really come along recently and this was one of the better ones so far. The Sentinels were cool, they came off as a mix of easy to take apart but hard to take down completely. That's cool as previous episodes had them ever so steadily going into tin can territory.

My only complaint was Forge...he was made out to look stupider than usual. It wouldn't have been so bad if he didn't have a supposedly important job to do. There were a few times where he was told to go inside yet everytime it cut to him he was running around like a buffoon. And what was with Nightcrawler about to teleport him, leaving him, somehow losing him, then finally teleporting him like he was supposed to do.

Overall though this was a good episode and that minor complaint wasn't enough to make me dislike the episode at all.

Windrider

Loved this episode, it's got to be my second favorite behind Battle Lines. One of the more interesting parts of the episode was that Magneto totally cut Quicksilver off. What exactly does that mean for the Brotherhood? Will they just dissapear into nothingness? Of course Wolverine comes off as incredibly annoying once again. Emma couldn't really do anything against robots (her diamond form snipit was awesome though.) Storm had some pretty amazing power scenes, although they were completely diminished by the fact that she got KO'd about three times. Nice to see Nightcrawler and Angel again. Shadowcat as the baby-sitter was awesome and she got some pretty good fight scenes.

Backlash 10/10

Anyone else notice that Beast hasn't done anything impressive lately?

Wonderwall

Staff member
Anyone else notice that Beast hasn't done anything impressive lately?

He hasn't done anything really impressive...ever. Not just in this show but in everything. He's not exactly the most flashiest character.

bigdeath

A Legend is Born

Wolverine gave an order to mind wipe the soldiers and then get rid of any evidence that there are mutants in the mansion right before going into the elevator saying that he needed to talk to chuck.

suss2it

You know what iJust realized? How come none of the Brotherhood members suspected Rogue in giving out they're hideaway? They acted completely shocked that someone knew they're hideout, which led to Magneto as the suspect, but why not Rogue? She worked with them and then left for the Brotherhood.

Windrider

You know what iJust realized? How come none of the Brotherhood members suspected Rogue in giving out they're hideaway? They acted completely shocked that someone knew they're hideout, which led to Magneto as the suspect, but why not Rogue? She worked with them and then left for the Brotherhood.

I think that the X-Men are much to honorable in this show to hand even their enemies to the MRD, plus they couldn't have attacked at any moment why five episodes later?

suss2it

I think that the X-Men are much to honorable in this show to hand even their enemies to the MRD, plus they couldn't have attacked at any moment why five episodes later?

Did they not hand one of Mr. Sinister's henchmen over to the MRD?

Windrider

Did they not hand one of Mr. Sinister's henchmen over to the MRD?

Oh good point, didn't remember that one. But I still don't think that the X-Men would hand over the Brotherhood, because they would want to kick their butts themselves. And then there is my second point, I'm sure that Rogue told them the hideout in Battle Lines, so why not attack the next episode, instead of five later. Of course none of us know how much time spans between each episode.

suss2it

Oh good point, didn't remember that one. But I still don't think that the X-Men would hand over the Brotherhood, because they would want to kick their butts themselves. And then there is my second point, I'm sure that Rogue told them the hideout in Battle Lines, so why not attack the next episode, instead of five later. Of course none of us know how much time spans between each episode.

I'm not doubting that. I'm just curious as to why the Brotherhood wouldn't suspect Rogue.

suss2it

It wouldn't have really mattered if they handed over the Brotherhood anyway. All the MRD facilities had been totalled by Magneto's forces.

Some of them must have been repaired because the MRD was confident enough to attack them. And that is besides my point, I'm just curious as to why the Brotherhood never suspected Rogue/X-Men, not why they didn't.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

As of yesterday morning already full NFL Slimetime Rookie Special has been added to youtube Nickelodeon.
Brandy and Mr. Whiskers turns 20 today. Disney Channel has the put the first episode on Youtube, no it's not on Disney Plus.
Will Maria Robotnik ever star in a Sonic cartoon as a regular or a recurring character?
As I don't have my community tab from YouTube anymore to write on (for now), I willl tell you here some of the things I will do to keep you somehow up-to-date. Tonight, the film I will be watching is one that once again reminds me that Disney is still 100 and I can still celebrate.
I'm glad Teens Titans Go doesn't get much hate anymore, but the damage had been done when Christina Miller left CN in 2019. People should have given her a chance and she pushed a lot when it comes to the CN app.

Featured Posts