Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROToon Alt

I have the DMs with the person who controls the Nordic schedules. He wishes to be Anonymous so I will keep respecting his privacy. Thanks if you undersand.
Weren't they suppose to sync with them in the past anyway? And never happend (like Netherlands with France or idk)

J10

Haven't you seen that all three feeds are going to merge schedules?
I forgot to tell something.

Before asking this question and rush to me with this, didn’t you know that the Russian (SEE) feed has been launched in 2009?

Plus, I know everything, before asking us this, that Gumball is filled in the overnight schedule of most feeds incl. CEE and SEE, except for the FTA channels (Arabic and Turkish ones) where several cartoons are being aired at night, between 21:00 until 5:00/6:00. So, don’t ask me this, because I know about having Gumball all night.

I was saying that it’s impossible due to the age ratings (targeted mostly to Russia) being aired, but later, I read a post that says they’ll have raw feed and opt outs once they merge like what happen to Boomerang CEE (Cartoonito CEE), when it launched in Germany, replacing the local feed of the channel.

Also, the schedule link for CN PL, you have mentioned, seems incorrect and I don’t think it’s verified, isn’t it?

Last edited:

Francisque

Nah, Naziemna website is right most of the time: the schedules also match with the other ones and everything starts from episode 1 on that day, it can't be a coincidence

Plus, it wouldn't surprise me at all

They have the technical means to restrict age ratings only on the SEE feed from a technical point of view, or to have them on all feeds

Of course they still need opt outs from the raw feed, but they can slim down on a lot of things by merging the schedules (including schedule decisions) and reduce the playout complexities by doing that

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Current CN Türkiye schedule. Another local show Super 1 Team. Haven't heard of this.

weekdays
06:00 Looney Tunes Cartoons
07:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
08:00 Lu and the Bally Bunch
08:30 Silly Sundays
09:00 Super Wings
09:30 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go
10:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
10:30 Batwheels
11:30 Mr Bean
12:30 Craig of the Creek
13:30 Super 1 Team
14:00 Teen Titans Go!
15:00 King Shakir
16:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
18:30 Super 1 Team
19:00 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
19:30 King Shakir
20:25 Jellystone

weekends
06:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
07:00 Batwheels
08:00 Scooby-Doo Movie
09:30 Super 1 Team
10:30 The Boss Baby
11:30 Jade Armor
12:30 Hero Inside
13:00 King Shakir
14:00 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
15:00 Teen Titans Go!
16:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
18:30 Super 1 Team
19:30 Jellystone
20:25 We Baby Bears

Overnights:
21:20 Looney Tunes Cartoons
22:10 Ben 10
23:00 Samurai Jack
23:25 The Amazing World of Gumball
00:15 The Powerpuff Girls
01:05 King Shakir
04:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
05:00 Masha and the Bear
I am more surprised to see Grizzy and The Lemmings air overnights on proper CN, outside of the Cartoonito block!!! (and yes, I realised the weekday schedule from 07:00 to 12:30, plus weekends from 06:00 to 08:00, is a preschool block). They could always put another or more of the same show instead of Grizzy, so the fact they chose that in the context that it is now a "preschool" show is amazing

Reactions: J10

Markus Nelis

I am more surprised to see Grizzy and The Lemmings air overnights on proper CN, outside of the Cartoonito block!!! (and yes, I realised the weekday schedule from 07:00 to 12:30, plus weekends from 06:00 to 08:00, is a preschool block). They could always put another or more of the same show instead of Grizzy, so the fact they chose that in the context that it is now a "preschool" show is amazing
Actually the schedule specifies that Cartoonito will air at 08:00 to 11:30 on weekdays. I should have clarified that. The Tom and Jerry Show is now a part of CN. It used to air on Cartoonito before. Batwheels on weekends at 07 to 08:00 is a part of CN cause a block this short would've been weird.

I still don't see a problem of some ex Boomerang shows being on Cartoonito, they're family friendly outside S1 of Mr Bean, but it has been already discussed so I don't want to sound like a broken record of the same repeated words.

Last edited:

Francisque

Each territory is different

We've discussed this: while from a seeming point of view Tom and Jerry and Mr. Bean shouldn't belong to Cartoonito, don't forget the channels live on advertisers and, in some territories, Mr Bean and Tom and Jerry are popular shows there, and Cartoonito is a family channel

Plus, CN Nordic doesn't carry advertising and can fill more airtime with shows: on CN CEE feeds these shows (esp. T&J) would be likely overshadowed by something else after a while, and would have nowhere to be watched

This has been the case (already) for Scooby Doo, I believe

EDIT: sorry, it's CN Turkey we are talking about
There the channel is FTA, therefore, can't be compared to a "normal" CN paying TV operation

Francisque

Halloween idents which haven't been aired before in the Dimensional graphics ready for October

Well, I guess we might say goodbye to a hypothetical rebrand : /

Reactions: J10

ballwa44

RSEE has always been unstable after the Russia departure (and obviously it won't come back), plus it's an era of cuts in general, and the feeds already resemble one the other quite a bit
An era of cuts - yeah that reminds me, someone posted a CN RSEE continuity recently with the Russian audio track and if I recall correctly they aired Craig of the Creek not with a dub but with a voiceover.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Halloween idents which haven't been aired before in the Dimensional graphics ready for October

Well, I guess we might say goodbye to a hypothetical rebrand : /
If I remember correctly, those aired 2020 - 2022.
Maybe it's actually the opposite: They want to air them for a last time (in July, of course!) before the rebrand.

Francisque

If I remember correctly, those aired 2020 - 2022.
Maybe it's actually the opposite: They want to air them for a last time (in July, of course!) before the rebrand.
Hopefully so lol

But have they aired the second already?
The one with Apple and Onion I mean

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
I didn't know Turner had a Czech branch in 1990s. Even more interesting is that in spite of Czechia receiving at the time CN Pan-Euro in English only, there was a Czech version of CN comics magazine from Amercom. It was based on Polish version of the magazine and some names were based in (or inspired by) at least Polish ones, such as PPG being called "Atominky" (compare Polish "Atomówki") rather than "Raketove holky": Cartoon Network #03 | ComicsDB.cz

Apparently there were plans for Slovak and Hungarian versions of the magazine: Cartoon Network's Mag Masters Poland
i found it in a legal document

as for the magazines, i have those

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Just thought a bit more about the schedule mergers.
If we completely ignore any kind of opt-outs, the merging schedules of those feeds doesn't seem possible:

CN Netherlands (and Germany) don't have the rights for Bakugan anymore, as well as Nordic, which also doesn't have the rights for Total Dramarama I believe.
Yep, I also thought about them potentially merging the Nordic schedules too, which I thought wasn't that unlikely, but it doesn't seem very possible.

On top of this, CN RSEE tends to get the rights to LEGO Dreamzzz a bit later (and Ninjago: Dragons Rising by a really unsignificant amount of time later) than CEE and PL, as CN RSEE (and GAS) only premiere Dreamzzz on July 22nd, while CEE and PL already premiered it over a year ago.
Although both of the shows aren't in the September schedule, this could make airing new episodes of those shows more delayed.

Other than that, merging only those three feed('s schedules) makes the most sense to me. While NL or GAS mostly have the same (or quite similar) schedule decisions as the other feeds, there still are some factors that leave some kind of "barriers" in terms of unified scheduling, which are nearly nonexistent for CEE, RSEE and PL. That's the same case for Nordic.

Francisque

If we completely ignore any kind of opt-outs, the merging schedules of those feeds doesn't seem possible:

CN Netherlands (and Germany) don't have the rights for Bakugan anymore, as well as Nordic, which also doesn't have the rights for Total Dramarama I believe.
Yep, I also thought about them potentially merging the Nordic schedules too, which I thought wasn't that unlikely, but it doesn't seem very possible.

On top of this, CN RSEE tends to get the rights to LEGO Dreamzzz a bit later (and Ninjago: Dragons Rising by a really unsignificant amount of time later) than CEE and PL, as CN RSEE (and GAS) only premiere Dreamzzz on July 22nd, while CEE and PL already premiered it over a year ago.
Although both of the shows aren't in the September schedule, this could make airing new episodes of those shows more delayed.

Other than that, merging only those three feed('s schedules) makes the most sense to me. While NL or GAS mostly have the same (or quite similar) schedule decisions as the other feeds, there still are some factors that leave some kind of "barriers" in terms of unified scheduling, which are nearly nonexistent for CEE, RSEE and PL. That's the same case for Nordic.
Yeah, it's not as easy pie, and you make good observations there

I don't see GAS and NL going for the time being, but it makes sense to unify CEE

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?

CEE, Poland and (R)SEE will be the only ones to merge anyways, if it's the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts