Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Warner Bros. Discovery Kids and Young Adults Management Changes (Cartoon Network, Adult Swim etc.), these changes were made by Vanessa Brookman, the head of CN outside the U.S., to sum it up, there's now a lot of crossover with APAC:

- Christopher Ho, the head of WBD Kids in APAC (Asia-Pacific) will be leaving.

- Ana González, currently VP, Kids Content, Southern Europe and Africa managed from Madrid, is adding APAC to her editorial responsibilities.

- Miami-based Pablo Zuccarino, who was SVP and GM of Kids and Family for Latin America & U.S. Hispanic, will widen his duties in Latin America to become Head of Kids and Animation, LatAm, and Portfolio Strategy, International. He will report to Fernando Medín, WBD President and MD for Latin America and U.S. Hispanic.

- Sean Henry has added an International element to his London-based role and has been named VP, International Content Partnerships and Content Strategy EMEA.

- Sean Gorman takes on new pay-TV responsibilities for networks across EMEA in addition to his current duties overseeing kids channels in the UK, Nordics, Middle East, North Africa and Turkey. Also based in London, he is now also VP of Pay TV Networks, EMEA.

- Mark Taynton, the Head of Adult Swim, EMEA, adds Adult Animation Content Management International to his remit.

- Michelle Truong will be based in LA in her new role as original animated-focused role.

- Monika Oomen, VP Brand, Communications and Digital Strategy, EMEA; Alison York, Head of Kids Data and Insights; and Sarah Fell, VP Original Animation EMEA for Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe, all based in London, complete the international senior kids TV team. Fell will continues to report into WBD President of Animation Sam Register.

London-based Vanessa Brookman reports to President of International Gerhard Zeiler with a dotted line into CEO and President of Global Streaming and Games J.B. Perrette.

The link was shown there in the same page.

Anyway, at WBD, there is two persons their names are “Sean”. That’s weird.

Last edited:

Francisque

I have the DMs with the person who controls the Nordic schedules. He wishes to be Anonymous so I will keep respecting his privacy. Thanks if you undersand.
Of course I do

I have imagined already such an option had been considered before
Let's see if the Nordic feed manages to stay feasible for some time

Markus Nelis

Since CN Nordic is now in HD, there are no next banners during the shows anymore. Also the bumpers that are made in 2023 or before are still in SD. Only the new UK style Dimensional bumpers like Hero Inside, Prince Ivandoe and Ninjago: Dragons Rising are in HD. I hope they update the bumpers for the rest of the shows as well. Weird to see a mixture of two Dimensional next bumper versions. I don't think they care though until the rebrand as the Max promotion goes too heavy.

Francisque

Since CN Nordic is now in HD, there are no next banners during the shows anymore. Also the bumpers that are made in 2023 or before are still in SD. Only the new UK style Dimensional bumpers like Hero Inside, Prince Ivandoe and Ninjago: Dragons Rising are in HD. I hope they update the bumpers for the rest of the shows as well. Weird to see a mixture of two Dimensional next bumper versions. I don't think they care though until the rebrand as the Max promotion goes too heavy.
Let's hope this Autumn MAY bring a long awaited rebrand, it's all over in all of the EMEA, with some feeds looking worse than others

The good thing about CEE feeds merging is that we won't see anymore inconsistencies between the various German feeds (e.g. some feeds still having 4.0 elements), and maybe, MAYBE, inconsistencies in terms of bumpers will be eliminated

E.g. if not a rebrand, at least a rebrand of the Next bumpers to Dimensional

@Markus Nelis I highly suspect the switch to HD might have meant changes in playout, that's why they're not playing Next banners
It'll likely be fixed soon

Last edited:

Markus Nelis

USER=204861]@Markus Nelis[/USER] I highly suspect the switch to HD might have meant changes in playout, that's why they're not playing Next bumpers
Next bumpers are still there. Like I said the non UK version bumpers that were made last year or before are in SD. The actual next banners are missing during the end of the episode (1 minute before the next bumper)

I know it will be fixed. I just think it was worth sharing what's happening.

Francisque

Sorry, meant Next banners lol

Something like that happened also when Italy switched to HD, and so on : )

I thought they had switched to an HD feed INTERNALLY already, but it turns out I'm wrong, and they still have certain things to fix. : )

Arguably, the fact that they have eliminated a Next banner a minute before the Next bumper, might even be their choice, since it's redundant

I wouldn't exclude a long-waited rebrand for CN CEE and beyond with the relaunch, let's not forget that, when Boomerang Germany shut down and Boomerang CEE started broadcasting in Germany, they took the chance to rebrand everything, even if it was partly a coincidence

But heck, the channel has looked the same since 2017, and all their competitors have rebranded

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Let's hope this Autumn MAY bring a long awaited rebrand, it's all over in all of the EMEA, with some feeds looking worse than others

The good thing about CEE feeds merging is that we won't see anymore inconsistencies between the various German feeds (e.g. some feeds still having 4.0 elements), and maybe, MAYBE, inconsistencies in terms of bumpers will be eliminated

E.g. if not a rebrand, at least a rebrand of the Next bumpers to Dimensional
Just wanted to say the exact thing.

With the merge, they very likely need to update their next bumpers as some of the bumpers have inconsistencies between each feed.
So I suppose this MIGHT be the time for them to rebrand. Or at least bring a general update to the next bumpers.

Although this is one of the few good arguments for a rebrand (or updates regarding the next bumpers, Nordic too), Cartoon Network UK still uses many bumpers in SD to this day and only stopped rendering them in SD in late 2022/early 2023.

@Markus Nelis I highly suspect the switch to HD might have meant changes in playout, that's why they're not playing Next banners
Not really "big" changes (none at all actually, except the resolution), but as far as I know, on-screen stuff like the next banners which are in SD (as many of the Nordic ones) are not able to be scaled up by the playout, so they removed them right away. There were other feeds which had this issue (making the banner smaller and more centered). CN Arabic for example updated them on time. If they're not updating/enabling them again anytime soon, this MIGHT be another sign for a rebrand? Although Cartoonito doesn't have them too as of right now (and I doubt they'd rebrand anytime soon).

Markus Nelis

Anyway, took them long enough to switch to HD but I'm happy it finally happened. It's 2024. I wish something like this should have happened 5 years ago. Better late than never. I'm quite disappointed though. We are one of the last feeds to get HD. I think WBD pushed this idea further. I wouldn't be so sure to get the HD feed if that merger didn't happen

Markus Nelis

Not really "big" changes (none at all actually, except the resolution), but as far as I know, on-screen stuff like the next banners which are in SD (as many of the Nordic ones) are not able to be scaled up by the playout, so they removed them right away.
Actually they weren't used at all ever since HD switch started. It hasn't been used for once. However it's possible they did some testing and decided to remove the banners altogether before the HD feed finally launched.

Francisque

Anyway, took them long enough to switch to HD but I'm happy it finally happened. It's 2024. I wish something like this should have happened 5 years ago. Better late than never. I'm quite disappointed though. We are one of the last feeds to get HD. I think WBD pushed this idea further. I wouldn't be so sure to get the HD feed if that merger didn't happen
Yeah, it took a LOT of time, but even Boomerang up here only RECENTLY has switched to HD

Let's be happy for what we have: although yes, HD should be quite the norm

Nickelodeon Italy still thinks HD is a premium and only has its HD feeds on Sky Stream

Markus Nelis

Now thinking about this, CN has a Half Term on the 25th of this month :p
Maybe, who knows

But on't read too much into it , as I've been disappointed already; plus, it's easy to be disappointed by WBD :lol:
One of my predictions was actually this summer but since many of my specultions have been wrong, I decided to finally stop posting about these predictions. I had this in my mind though. Definitely a possibility but at this point I doubt it. Nordic and CEE feeds just recently started using the UK version of the Dimensional next bumpers for the newer shows. That's the reason alone we may not get a new look for another year.

(they might be working very hard to launch an exclusive look that the US won't be using)

Francisque

One of my predictions was actually this summer but since many of my specultions have been wrong, I decided to finally stop posting about these predictions. I had this in my mind though. Definitely a possibility but at this point I doubt it. Nordic and CEE feeds just recently started using the UK version of the Dimensional next bumpers for the newer shows. That's the reason alone we may not get a new look for another year.
Of course you're also correct and at the end of the day it's not going to change my day

But also, let's not forget that I've seen much weirder U-turns, sudden last minute changes and so on, so everything's possible; including rebrands that only lasted less than 1 year
It's not like updating to bumpers (that have been in year since 2017 already) costs you a lot, plus those updated Next bumpers have been for some months already

The reality is, the channel as a whole needs an update particularly in EMEA but also elsewhere: I don't want to do predictions either obviously, as WBD has stopped caring so much

But surely they don't want to make the channel stick out like a sore thumb, after a while?

(they might be working very hard to launch an exclusive look that the US won't be using)
Hopefully, not a fan of what US is using to be honest

Markus Nelis

Of course you're also correct and at the end of the day it's not going to change my day

But also, let's not forget that I've seen much weirder U-turns, sudden last minute changes and so on, so everything's possible; including rebrands that only lasted less than 1 year
It's not like updating to bumpers (that have been in year since 2017 already) costs you a lot, plus those updated Next bumpers have been for some months already

The reality is, the channel as a whole needs an update particularly in EMEA but also elsewhere: I don't want to do predictions either obviously, as WBD has stopped caring so much

But surely they don't want to make the channel stick out like a sore thumb, after a while?
Tbh, I think we will skip another CN US look until they finally decide rebrand again or EMEA is working on the exclusive look that America won't use. One of these two options. Pastel has lasted for a year and a half now. I don't see us getting that.

Francisque

Tbh, I think we will skip another CN US look until they finally decide rebrand again or EMEA is working on the exclusive look that America won't use. One of these two options. Pastel has lasted for a year and a half now. I don't see us getting that.
This used to be the (quite ridiculous, TBH) trend, but seeing CN US has stopped investing that much on CN proper, I think this might not well be the case anymore

I can see CN US sticking with the current brand THIS TIME and EMEA pushing maybe something slightly more unique that might last a bit longer

You're right, I don't see EMEA, maybe not even APAC, rebranding to Pastel as it currently is; maybe they'll use that as an inspiration though

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Apart of that, it's more expensive to rebrand channels as a whole, so I think cutting costs by merging channels for the use of rebranding the channels sounds kind of reasonable, although I don't think they had to go THAT far by merging three channel(s schedules)

Markus Nelis

I can see CN US sticking with the current brand THIS TIME and EMEA pushing maybe something slightly more unique that might last a bit longer
Apparently WBD has made so many cuts that not enough people control CN US. I think they will finally have a rebrand that's going to last for 5 years. Remember when they always rebranded once a year before? RYW was pretty nice. It should have lasted for at least 2 years as it was the proper full rebrand after quite sometime.

Francisque

Apart of that, it's more expensive to rebrand channels as a whole, so I think cutting costs by merging channels for the use of rebranding the channels sounds kind of reasonable, although I don't think they had to go THAT far by merging three channel(s schedules)
Yeah, first and foremost the intentions are economical, they want to cut costs by removing (now felt as unnecessary) burdens including playout controls
Although, don't be surprised if glitches including linguistic ones might become more frequent, especially for Poland (and Netherlands, if CEE reaches there)

Nevertheless, it might well be a coordinated chance to rebrand, and you're correct, rebranding one or two channels only as opposed to 4 or 5, costs a bit less
Wishful thinking maybe, but again, the channels are looking quite stale

Apparently WBD has made so many cuts that not enough people control CN US. I think they will finally have a rebrand that's going to last for 5 years. Remember when they always rebranded once a year before? RYW was pretty nice. It should have lasted for at least 2 years as it was the proper full rebrand after quite sometime.
Who knows, these things are unpredictable

Surely maybe WBD might want to leave a mark by creating a global and globally adaptable branding, once for all?
Or that's asking too much? Maybe something colourful without epilepsy effects

In the meantime, if EMEA works something for EMEA-only, I'm fine regardless: they have the right people, maybe without the right money these days

Markus Nelis

Current CN Türkiye schedule. Another local show Super 1 Team. Haven't heard of this.

weekdays
06:00 Looney Tunes Cartoons
07:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
08:00 Lu and the Bally Bunch
08:30 Silly Sundays
09:00 Super Wings
09:30 Thomas and Friends: All Engines Go
10:00 Bugs Bunny Builders
10:30 Batwheels
11:30 Mr Bean
12:30 Craig of the Creek
13:30 Super 1 Team
14:00 Teen Titans Go!
15:00 King Shakir
16:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
18:30 Super 1 Team
19:00 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
19:30 King Shakir
20:25 Jellystone

weekends
06:00 The Tom and Jerry Show
07:00 Batwheels
08:00 Scooby-Doo Movie
09:30 Super 1 Team
10:30 The Boss Baby
11:30 Jade Armor
12:30 Hero Inside
13:00 King Shakir
14:00 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
15:00 Teen Titans Go!
16:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
18:30 Super 1 Team
19:30 Jellystone
20:25 We Baby Bears

Overnights:
21:20 Looney Tunes Cartoons
22:10 Ben 10
23:00 Samurai Jack
23:25 The Amazing World of Gumball
00:15 The Powerpuff Girls
01:05 King Shakir
04:00 Grizzy and the Lemmings
05:00 Masha and the Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary
To this day, ever since 2016. I have rightfully hoped that the BVS Entertainment library will be fully released one day. There will be a day where we see high quality masters of these shows.

I plan to stay optimistic.
Say what you will about the contents of their videos but Troom Troom sure knows how to entice their viewers with an intriguing concept!

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.

Featured Posts