Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSMetro64

Robotboy also had a Romanian title in season 1 ("Baietelul robot") which was mentioned after the intro, whereas in season 2 the English title was retained for the dub

narq

Even today, it seems for the discrepancy to occur on the Romanian Cartoon Network. Tiny Toons Looniversity is called both on the dub and also on the RO promos as "Looniversitatea Micuților", while I noitced how the CN CEE YT channel from Romania called it in one video's title as "Looniversitatea Micilor Poznași" (probably they wanted to aknowledge how the original Tiny Toon Adventures was referred to as back on Boomerang CEE here, which even that was a bit misleading since promos called it "Micii Poznași" while the voice-over from the actual episodes referred to it as so, but added the English term "Tiny Toons" before it). While another recent YT upload referred to it as "Universitatea Țicnită a Micilor Poznași", which that even got rid of the special "Looniversity" term.
The Polish YouTube channel also can't get it right, they keep calling it "Zwariowany Uniwersytet Animków" (all caps every single time for some reason), while the actual title is "Bzikowersytet Animków".
I'm guessing they could have originally wanted to actually use that name that's used on YouTube, but then they realized how the Looniversity was called in Tiny Toon Adventures, so they decided to change it.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Robotboy also had a Romanian title in season 1 ("Baietelul robot") which was mentioned after the intro, whereas in season 2 the English title was retained for the dub
You mean "un băiat robot". And that was actually part of Professor Moshimo's speech in the intro, not a voice-overed translation.

TSMetro64

No, not that. For example in "The Babysitter" the show title was mentioned immediately after the episode started (in this video at 11:31)

Daffyrocks

No, not that. For example in "The Babysitter" the show title was mentioned immediately after the episode started (in this video at 11:31)

well, I might have missed that.... Also, it's even more strange considering it's randomly voice-overed at the second (b) segment of the episode, rather than on the first one, where it would have been more logical in this case right after the intro.

Moleoman

More continuities from CN CEE - first from October 2002 with Toonami and long "Grim and Evil" promo (that's probably the only one to translate the Billy and Mandy segments as "Ponure przygody Billy'ego i Mandy" (which was used in the dub for first few episodes before shifting to more familiar "Mroczne przygody Billy'ego i Mandy"):

Another (includes handover from TCM) from nighttime in March 2006 - including some rare next ECPs, a Billy and Mandy promo where Grim is called "Mroczny" (where he was always named "Ponury" in the dub) and few seconds of "Evil Con Carne" intro in English:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Another (includes handover from TCM) from nighttime in March 2006 - including some rare next ECPs, a Billy and Mandy promo where Grim is called "Mroczny" (where he was always named "Ponury" in the dub) and few seconds of "Evil Con Carne" intro in English:
TCM disappeared, and then reappeared, only to fix it seconds afterwards.

JulianRO

I remember that, at Digi, before April 2015 we still had CN timeshared with TCM at 10 PM, while other providers already had it 24/7.

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
I remember that, at Digi, before April 2015 we still had CN timeshared with TCM at 10 PM, while other providers already had it 24/24.
You mean 24/7. There is no such thing as 24 days a week.
In Hungary, it was always timesharing with TCM until that same date (April Fools Day 2015, which was not a prank).

Perla Magica

Digital Love
More continuities from CN CEE - first from October 2002 with Toonami and long "Grim and Evil" promo (that's probably the only one to translate the Billy and Mandy segments as "Ponure przygody Billy'ego i Mandy" (which was used in the dub for first few episodes before shifting to more familiar "Mroczne przygody Billy'ego i Mandy"):

Ponury sounds better than Mroczny.

Nice to see rare Blocks idents. :)

Daffyrocks

Wait.... About The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, did it really still air after we got the full Romanian and Hungarian tracks?????

JulianRO

In Hungary, it was always timesharing with TCM until that same date
Here it started to air non-stop from January 2008, at Romtelecom Dolce.

Then in 2010, at UPC.

And then in 2015, on Digi DTH, and in November 2017, on cable too.

Moleoman

Wait.... About The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, did it really still air after we got the full Romanian and Hungarian tracks?????
"The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest" aired for the last time on CN CEE in late November 2003. In the following month its sole slot on weekdays at 20:40 CET was taken over by "Batman of the Future".

Daffyrocks

"The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest" aired for the last time on CN CEE in late November 2003. In the following month its sole slot on weekdays at 20:40 CET was taken over by "Batman of the Future".
so, you mean to say the show was actually dubbed in Romanian and Hungarian!!!

Moleoman

I've only wrote when the show left CN CEE. I didn't say the show aired dubbed. In fact, when Hungary and Romania started receiving CN Poland in late September 30, 2002 only selected content was dubbed into Hungarian and Romanian.

Ati

Sadly that show is never got a Hungarian and where I know this well I actually have a tape of CN from I think 2003 and included a briefly recorded episode of the real adventures of johnny quest in english

Markus Nelis

- Craig of the Creek replaces Prince Ivandoe at 07:40
- Gumball marathons every day at 09:00 to 15:00 (seriously, 6 hours?) and it replaces the following shows: 10:00 What's New Scooby-Doo? (which is entirely gone), 12:55 Prince Ivandoe and 14:00 Teen Titans Go. Yeah, they basically copy every event from German feeds now. It's true, we're getting all the stuff German feeds get.
- Even more Gumball replaces Teen Titans Go! at 17:05.

So yeah, more proof that we're officially controlled by the people who control German feeds now. I'm not surprised What's New Scooby left as I expected it ever since in May.

Changes in Bold
Full schedule:
06:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
06:10 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
06:35 LEGO Ninjago
06:55 The Amazing World of Gumball
07:10 We Baby Bears
07:20 Teen Titans Go!
07:40 Craig of the Creek
07:55 Hero Inside
08:10 Jellystone
08:35 Tiny Toons Looniversity
09:00 The Amazing World of Gumball Marathon
15:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
15:20 Looney Tunes Cartoons
15:35 We Baby Bears
15:45 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
16:00 Hero Inside
16:30 Apple & Onion
16:40 LEGO Ninjago
17:05 The Amazing World of Gumball
17:30 Tiny Toons Looniversity
17:55 Jellystone
18:05 We Baby Bears
18:30 Craig of the Creek
19:00 Teen Titans Go!
19:20 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
19:35 Hero Inside
19:50 LEGO Ninjago
20:10 Looney Tunes Cartoons
20:45 The Amazing World of Gumball
22:50 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
00:05 The Amazing World of Gumball
04:30 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
05:20 The Amazing World of Gumball

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
- Craig of the Creek replaces Prince Ivandoe at 07:40
- Gumball marathons every day at 09:00 to 15:00 (seriously, 6 hours?) and it replaces the following shows: 10:00 What's New Scooby-Doo? (which is entirely gone), 12:55 Prince Ivandoe and 14:00 Teen Titans Go. Yeah, they basically copy every event from German feeds now. It's true, we're getting all the stuff German feeds get.
- Even more Gumball replaces Teen Titans Go! at 17:05.

So yeah, more proof that we're officially controlled by the people who control German feeds now. I'm not surprised What's New Scooby left as I expected it ever since in May.

Changes in Bold
Full schedule:
06:00 The Amazing World of Gumball
06:10 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
06:35 LEGO Ninjago
06:55 The Amazing World of Gumball
07:10 We Baby Bears
07:20 Teen Titans Go!
07:40 Craig of the Creek
07:55 Hero Inside
08:10 Jellystone
08:35 Tiny Toons Looniversity
09:00 The Amazing World of Gumball Marathon
15:00 Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
15:20 Looney Tunes Cartoons
15:35 We Baby Bears
15:45 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
16:00 Hero Inside
16:30 Apple & Onion
16:40 LEGO Ninjago
17:05 The Amazing World of Gumball
17:30 Tiny Toons Looniversity
17:55 Jellystone
18:05 We Baby Bears
18:30 Craig of the Creek
19:00 Teen Titans Go!
19:20 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
19:35 Hero Inside
19:50 LEGO Ninjago
20:10 Looney Tunes Cartoons
20:45 The Amazing World of Gumball
22:50 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
00:05 The Amazing World of Gumball
04:30 The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
05:20 The Amazing World of Gumball
The channel itself doesn't feel German though.

Comparing it to German feeds, there are visible differences in the continuity of the channels (even though mostly using the same assets).

It does feel more like an UK-ish feed, but even here, some differences are visible.

As of right now, all the three teams often seem to do the same "events" at the same time.
So very likely, the three teams have different kinds of (rather smaller) influences on every feed, but no feed is now fully under control of a different team.

Francisque

Maybe the differences between Germany and Nordic are older ones, e.g. the set of bumpers that wouldn't make sense to change, but the more frequent stuff being all the same.

I don't know, I haven't checked the videos

Maybe the German team controls it but still it's in transitional mood

I doubt we're getting an imminent rebrand even this Summer anyway
And Tiny Toons Looniversity still to premiere on CN IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts