Cartoon Network International News Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
How many live action shows does Boomerang UK air anyway??
Boomerang UK airs just three live action shows: Blue Water High, My Spy Family, and My Life With Derek. :shrug: I say 'just' because Boomerang LA clobbers it in numbers.

Boomerang LA airs Blue Water High, Cake, Saddle Club, Beakman's World, Darcy's Wild Life, H20, Harry & The Henderson's, Flight 29 Down, The New Flipper Show and several more shows than I care to count (plus, I don't care to research the English names of them). Boomerang LA airs 20+ live-action shows, just for the record. :sad

Last edited by a moderator:

Jave

Beware of the SPLAT
Staff member
Reporter
Why is that sad? Boomerang LA is no longer advertising itself as a classic cartoon channel. It completely rebranded itself a couple years ago.

At least they're not lying to its audience, so do some research before passing judgment.

Mickialla

Suave Incarnate
Boomerang UK airs just three live action shows: Blue Water High, My Spy Family, and My Life With Derek. :shrug: I say 'just' because Boomerang LA clobbers it in numbers.

Boomerang LA airs Blue Water High, Cake, Saddle Club, Beakman's World, Darcy's Wild Life, H20, Harry & The Henderson's, Flight 29 Down, The New Flipper Show and several more shows than I care to count (plus, I don't care to research the English names of them). Boomerang LA airs 20+ live-action shows, just for the record. :sad

Do they even air ANY classics at all there??

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
Do they even air ANY classics at all there??
Yeah, they air a few. But, like Jave said, they aren't a classics channel anymore. They don't advertise themselves as that anymore (for obvious reasons). It's one thing to air some live action movies, but it's a whole different thing when they completely change their image and go against the reason they were created.

Jave

Beware of the SPLAT
Staff member
Reporter
Yeah, they air a few. But, like Jave said, they aren't a classics channel anymore. They don't advertise themselves as that anymore (for obvious reasons). It's one thing to air some live action movies, but it's a whole different thing when they completely change their image and go against the reason they were created.
Exactly what is so bad about rebranding? At least they're catering to a different audience by doing the right thing instead of pretending something they're not.

They changed their image because before the change, Boomerang LA had the worst reception ever. Barely anyone watched that channel. Boomerang LA is an entirely different type of channel and shouldn't be compared to its foreign counterparts. It just happens to have the same name simply due to legalities.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Taffy Entertainment inks a agreement with Italy's Atlantyca Entertainment publishing division to produce novelty books based on the new 2D flash-animated TV series Hero:108 and targeted to tweens and teens. Slated to debut on TV in 2009, Hero:108 follows the adventures of a group of young defenders out to end the conflict between animals and humans. Hero:108 is a co-production of Mike Young Productions, Gamania Digital Entertainment and Cartoon Network International. Under a previous pact, Taffy and Atlantyca are developing a series of books loosely based on Taffy's animated series Code Lyoko.

Source: http://www.cynopsis.com/content/view/3878/53/

The premise behind the show sounds interesting. I wonder if it will end up on CN US.

LoneToonman

You do realize that post is from January 2007, right?

I stopped checking post dates a LONG time ago. For all I know, that post could have been made thirty minutes before mine, as opposed to a year and a half. Some 12 page threads get created in 2 years. Then again, some end up being 12 pages long in 30 minutes. Then again, I stopped counting.

the Web is deceptive like that.

And besides, that's still later than it lasted on the CN where I live.

TheGreatOne2

2 Main highlights for Cartoon Network Australia/Boomerang Australia in November

New Episodes of One Piece Start on Monday 3rd of November at 9pm on Cartoon Network Australia and Powerpuff Girls Z starts on Monday November 17th at 8:50pm on Boomerang Australia

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
2 Main highlights for Cartoon Network Australia/Boomerang Australia in November

New Episodes of One Piece Start on Monday 3rd of November at 9pm on Cartoon Network Australiaand Powerpuff Girls Z starts on Monday November 17th at 8:50pm on Boomerang Australia
:eek: Lucky dingos. :sad:

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
So... Looks like we're getting screwed over, again.

Over at TotheZ, someone pointed out that it appears that Taiwan's CartoonNetwork will be airing the PowerPuff Girls special, November 30, 2008. Apparently, Japan may also be airing the special as well, November 18, 2008, although it's marked as "TBA", so we won't know for sure until it airs there.

CartoonNetwork there is also reairing the Short Special, Mizuno Kingdom: PowerPuff Girls as well. This was a short that aired on Mizuno Kingdom, which featured a cross over between the cast. Was made specifically for Japan.

Regardless, both Taiwan and Japan's CN will also be running a marathon. Not sure how many days Taiwan's will be, but the Japan CN will be running two days of PowerPuff Girls November 17 & 18.

I always find it funny how PPG is almost practically ignored here, but everywhere else it gets recognition. Sigh...

Kazuya Prower

Keeping it Tails since 2005
I got to see CN Latin America on a cruise ship to the Bahamas 3 weeks ago. Chowder was added to the channel, they still show the CGI city bumpers and teaser promos for Flapjack were airing.

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
You know what might be amusing, TDI in Japanese. I guess they wouldn't have a PG warning over there for this show.

FlooterFlatter

One Sly Princess
Staff member
Actually if I recall when CN Japan airs "Home Movies" they do have a warning before the show begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts