DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Possible Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Okay...here's what I've just written up. If someone could check to see how many pages are in JLU issues now (21? 20?) I could fix that last sentence up a bit.

Dear DC,

We, your loyal readers of Justice League Unlimited have learned that the final issue of the comic will be #46, hitting stands in June 2008. Given the massive following for the series upon which this book is based, we feel it would be only appropriate to conclude this series with a 50th issue. The book has been gaining more popularity among fans as of late, with series writer Matt Wayne contributing in-continuity stories and artists Ethan Beavers and Dario Brizuela keeping the book on-model and dynamic.

DC's move to postpone the cancellation of another fan favorite title, Teen Titans GO!, for another five issues not only pleased fans of that title to no end, but proved that DC is willing to compromise in order to provide closure to something people have invested and supported for years. We would sincerely appreciate a similar gesture, having seen this title through all it's up and downs, and remained loyal.

It may not seem as though four more issues could aleviate our disappointement, but as DC comics have always proven, a lot can be accomplished in 21 pages.

Sincerely,

Supporters of Justice League Unlimited

Thoughts? I figured maybe we could each send DC a copy but each sign our own name, or write our own individual letters. I don't see starting up a campaign on a seperate campaign page proving useful.

ShadowStar

Very good letter, but I think it needs to be more impassioned. I'm not pulling your leg; I genuinely thought that it needed that, even though it's nice and formal. After all, Dan Didio remarked to J. Torres that it was the fans' passions that saved TTG! temporarily. Also, the stories are 20 pages, not 21. I'll be typing my own e-mail soon, and another for the Judas Contract DTV.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Why...has the Judas Contract DVD been canned? And if it were, why write DC Comics about that? I'd write it to the animation division....

I appreciate that you feel it should be more empassioned, but I get the sense there aren't many of us here who care if the book lasts another four issues, so why make a fool of myself and make it sound the world is ending? I guess I'm trying to keep it in perspective. People respect that, and listen. Dramatics tend to get you written off.

Not to say a more empassioned letter couldn't work just as well. Do what you're comfy doing. If this was Batman Adventures I was writing a letter for, you'd better believe it would be empassioned.

ShadowStar

Why...has the Judas Contract DVD been canned? And if it were, why write DC Comics about that? I'd write it to the animation division....

I appreciate that you feel it should be more empassioned, but I get the sense there aren't many of us here who care if the book lasts another four issues, so why make a fool of myself and make it sound the world is ending? I guess I'm trying to keep it in perspective. People respect that, and listen. Dramatics tend to get you written off.

Not to say a more empassioned letter couldn't work just as well. Do what you're comfy doing. If this was Batman Adventures I was writing a letter for, you'd better believe it would be empassioned.

The DTV has not been canned, but I mentioned it because it's something I intend to get around to doing and it's relevant to this forum. I never said I was going to write to DC comics about the DTV. I don't know what gave you that impression...

And an impassioned letter isn't supposed to sound like the world is ending. It's a little dramatic, yes, but there's a fine line between that and melodrama. I just can't see DC taking the word of someone that really cares for the comic (but doesn't go overboard) any less seriously than that of someone who sounds sober and almost a bit cold in addressing the matter at hand. No offence; your letter is your letter, but I think you should prove to them that you care, and persuade them that you represent the fan base. Just my opinion. I will try myself when I get around to both e-mails.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
I get what you're saying. Maybe you could post your letter when you write it, just for fun.

I think it was just the mentionning of the Judas Contract after us talking about the comic that got me thinking you were sending both to the same place, LOL!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics released the solicitation information for their June shipping comics, including their DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Sadly, the Justice League Unlimited comic title will be ending in June. Here's what we can expect in June from our favorite animated titles, with the information provided by DC Comics:

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED #46 (Final Issue)

Written by: Matt Wayne
Art by: Carlo Barberi and Bob Petrecca
Cover by: Zach Howard

Say goodbye to the League as John Stewart and the Green Lantern Corps. take on a universe-threatening mission. Who is the force behind it all? And who is the traitor within the ranks? Final Issue. On sale June 4th.

THE BATMAN STRIKES! #46

Written by: Russell Lissau
Cover by: Andie Tong
Art by: Christopher Jones & Terry Beatty

Killer Croc's on the rampage, but this time he's not after money, he's after…true love? Batman's going to find out that Croc's heart is just as tough as his hide! On sale June 11th.

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31st CENTURY #15

Written by: Jake Black
Art by: Robert Atkins and Rick Ketcham
Cover by: Alexander Serra

Bouncing Boy and Triplicate Girl finally get their second date, but the trend of nothing ever going as Chuck plans continues when they get hopelessly lost in virtual reality…with a fast-talking, impulsive brat named Bart as their guide! Can they put their differences aside to stop a virtual threat that gets very real, threatening the existence of New Metropolis? On sale June 11th.

Comments?

ShadowStar

I'm definitely picking up the last issue of JLU since Matt Wayne is behind it. That'll be the last original DCAU story... :(

The cover to The Batman Strikes! #46 looks amazing! I really don't care for Killer Croc though (outside of the B:TAS episode "Vendetta", perhaps).

adoptedBatpuppy

Confidence is the Key
Not to happy about JLU comic book series ending. The final issue sounds like will focus on Green Lantern Corps didn't we have a main stream DC comic book titled Green Lantern Corps that is all about them!?
The cover for LOSH # 15 looks cute,
and I think that Killer Croc is being overdone in The Batman Strikes! comics. :(

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
So, as much as it's a departure in color and style, I really like the last cover of JLU. The main seven are prominently featured, and the Corps look cool. Nicely done.

Going to miss the DCAU, but I can't help but wonder if this is really the end...

It took me a minute to realize why there was no solicitation for TTG! Bye guys.

rlissau

<<I really don't care for Killer Croc though>>

Hopefully this story will turn you around, then!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics released the solicitation information for their July 2008 shipping comics, including their DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Here's what we can expect in July from our favorite animated titles, with the information provided by DC Comics:

THE BATMAN STRIKES! #47

Written by: Josh Elder
Cover by: Andie Tong
Art by: Christopher Jones & Terry Beatty

Black Mask has taken Bruce Wayne hostage! Can Bruce find a way to escape without giving away his secret identity? On sale July 9th.

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31st CENTURY #16

Written by: Matthew Manning
Art by: Shawn McManus
Cover by: Alexander Serra

It's the issue you've been waiting for: The untold story of Arm-Fall-Off Boy! The embarrassingly powered would-be Legionnaire wants nothing more than a flight ring and for Saturn Girl to know his name. But since flight technology and easily detached limbs don't always mix, Arm-Fall-Off Boy has his work cut out for him! On sale July 9th.

Comments?

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
The Legion cover looks like a nod to America's Got Talent. Like it. And The Batman's new cover artist really captures the style well. Black Mask is probably the only character on that show whose design outshines their DCAU counterpart. He looks scaaaaary.

Anyone send off some emails to DC regarding Justice League Unlimited?

EDIT: Anyone else notice that John's eyes are colored brown (instead of green) on the cover of JLU's final issue? A simple mistake or a subtle hint? Hmmmm...

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/guides/comic/jlunlimited46.jpg

Spider-Man

It's disappointing to see there be less and less comics each month. So we have until at least issue #48 of The Batman Strikes but I hope that comic lives on longer and it seems like Legion of Super Heroes in the 31st Century is gone at some point this year. I can't believe we will soon be at a point where there might be no "animated comics."

I also picked up Justice League Unlimited: The Ties That Bind trade collection and for $12.99 it is worth picking up. It has some great stories and picks up where the digest collections left off.

limel

It's disappointing to see there be less and less comics each month. So we have until at least issue #48 of The Batman Strikes but I hope that comic lives on longer and it seems like Legion of Super Heroes in the 31st Century is gone at some point this year. I can't believe we will soon be at a point where there might be no "animated comics."

The Batman Strikes!'s fate is questionable[Will probably end sometime later this year], but since LOSH still has subscription postcards running in the comics, there's a good chance it'll last for another couple years.

Wow, the comics section looks severely lacking, with just two. :shrug:

sdp

miscrave
Yeah I don't see LoSH lasting much time at all, how is that series btw? I've only read the first one which was "meh". Did they get time to make the switch to Season 2 stories?

I figured The Batman Strikes would be replaced by the Brave and the Bold, the Johnny DC line has been doing that forever. Until October seems a nice run but if they already have various issues in planning stages a "small" revival like TTG might be possible..I know it didn't work for JLU but TB has more of a fanbase that enjoys the comics than the JLU did, of course it still isn't as big as teh TTG fanbase but it could happen.

TTG was replaced by Tiny Titans no matter what they say but at least it looks like a fun comic I'm actually going to start picking it up. While JLU Adv. getting replaced by Super Friends, it also isn't so bad, its a fun little book made specifically for their target audience though so no adult could really enjoy it. JLUA did get better over the years but I'm ok with seeing it go. Go and Strikes are ones that will definitely be missed. At least they had a god run, something Krypto can't comment on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts