DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Possible Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Highly disappointing... i really loved this comic book and Christopher Jones artwork even more.

But it was expected. At least it ends on a nice milestone number and Jones gets to draw it. Plus lets hope #49 is Wonder Woman. A great loss.

I really don't think this new batman cartoon or comic will have much to offer me.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
I'm so sad the book is ending. It was really good. Sometimes, some of the issues were even better than the show itself! I hope they end the book with a bang.

rlissau

The writers and artists are sad to see STRIKES coming to an end, too, but we knew it was inevitable.

That being said, my final issue is #48 and I guarantee it will knock your socks off.

limel

Heh, as soon as I subscribe, the comic ends. It's too bad, too; it was consistently the best Johnny DC title. I just hope this new comic that I'll be getting 7 issues of is as good...

limel

Which one have they stuck you with?

The one they replace Strikes! with; the one based on Brave and the Bold.

I just subscribed about a month or two ago, my first issue being the one shipping in June. The comic ends in October, which means that I'll be getting the June, July, August, September, and October issues; 5 in all. The subscription is for 12 issues, meaning they will give me 7 issues of some other comic, which, if it turns out to be like the whole TTG-to-Tiny Titans thing, will be the Brave and the Bold comic.

So, I hope the Brave and the Bold comic is good.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
It's a fair assumption that there will be a Brave and Bold tie-in book, but has that been confirmed at this point?

I thought all we had lined up thus far was Tiny Titans and Super Friends.

limel

Yep.

Despite the fact that there are a host of stories for The Batman Strikes in various stages of completion, stories which would have taken the series passed the 50th issue, DC Comics will be shutting down the series in October to make way for an comic spin-off of the upcoming Batman: The Brave and The Bold animated series.

sdp

miscrave
Can't you also cancel your subscription if you don't want to change?

They always gave me different choices or be able to get a refund when I subscribed to Magazines, I'm sure its similar in comics.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
DC Comics released the solicitation information for their August 2008 shipping comics, including their DC animated titles (comics based on the cartoons we cover here at The World's Finest). Here's what we can expect in August from our favorite animated titles, with the information provided by DC Comics:

THE BATMAN STRIKES! #48

Written by: Russell Lissau
Cover by: Christopher Jones & Terry Beatty
Cover by: Andie Tong

Green Lantern and Batman must work together to keep Mr. Freeze from sending Gotham City into an endless ice age!

THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31st CENTURY #17

Written by: J. Torres
Art by: Sanford Greene
Cover by: Alexander Serra

A distress call from a stranded United Planets ship pits the Legion against a gang of Thanagarian pirates – and they’re not exactly carrying on Hawkman’s heroic legacy! The team will have to call in the big guns, but their best hope is 1,000 years away.

Comments?

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
*sigh*

No more JLU.

I have a really tough time believing that's a Chris Jones cover. Batman looks waaay off his style, and GL's hair flip really suggests Zach Howard to me.

So did we learn nothing from Batman and Robin? Mr Freeze freezing the planet in space no less is NOT COOL. :shrug:

The Legion covers continue to impress. I hope fans of the series are scooping these issues up because Torres has been doing some very interesting things with them. Plus, that's just a classic role-call shot, ain't it?

Although I still feel the inker needs to be a bit more heavy-handed. The line quality is very sketchy still.

ShadowStar

I have a really tough time believing that's a Chris Jones cover. Batman looks waaay off his style, and GL's hair flip really suggests Zach Howard to me.

So did we learn nothing from Batman and Robin? Mr Freeze freezing the planet in space no less is NOT COOL. :shrug:

Agreed.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
*sigh*

No more JLU.

It was probably a mistake in the solicitation. In my humble opinion, it looks more of Andy Tong's style, rather than Jones'.

rlissau

The cover is by Tong. The interior pencils will be by Jones.

The cover image gets all the characters onto the cover, but it doesn't actually represent a scene from the book.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Okay, that makes sense, as a way to pique interest. But still...I wonder if it'll draw in curious readers, or just make them roll their eyes and flashback to Batman and Robin.

adoptedBatpuppy

Confidence is the Key
Quick realization that there are only 2 animated comic books based on animated shows that we come to enjoy remain. :sad:

The cover for LOSH is nicely done. I'm looking forward to read stories from both books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts