DC Comics Animation - Comic Book News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Possible Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adoptedBatpuppy

Confidence is the Key
That's pretty sad TT GO! and JLU too were some of my favorites comics and had good stories in them.
TT GO! cover of issue # 55 reminds me of the first ever issue of Teen Titans.

BAAB2001.JPG

The Batman Strikes! and Legion of Super-Heroes sound and look interesting. I think I might buy those two titles when they come out. :ack:

ShadowStar

I just noticed that in the guide section for Teen Titans Go! at World's Finest, issue 53 is missing (the image and the synopsis).

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
ShadowStar, I think they're axing two old books to make room for two new ones. Makes business sense, even though I don't like it. Who knows, maybe a few years from now people will look back on Titan Titans with the kind of appreciation that goes along with trying something drastic and having it work out in the best way possible.

H'ro Talak was from Thanagar, so maybe Torres will make it about him. My guess? They'll keep any reference to Hawkman obscure to leave the door open for them to be tied into The Batman's world. Did they show Martian Manhunter in the last issue? Or was there only enough of his costume to echo back to JL's version of the character and The Batman's new look as well?

With the Amazonian issue, Diana wasn't even mentionned or referenced, and Circe looked pretty different. I think Torres is straddling the fence in his links to the Timm DCAU, in case LOSH officially ties into TB in the coming years. Maybe it won't. Who knows.

ichormosquito

Just thought I'd let you guys know that Countdown to Final Crisis #10, released this week, has a new, two-page Harley Quinn origin story drawn by Bruce Timm.

Spider-Man

Since all of the animated comics aren't canceled yet I wonder why they removed the titles from the Johnny DC line. Christopher Jones said in the last WF interview that DC plans to keep The Batman Strikes around for awhile so they can have an all ages Batman title and Legion of Super Heroes In The 31st Century looks to be staying put too. I wonder that if the Brave and The Bold cartoon does happen if they will make an animated comic for it like Adventures of the Brave and The Bold. I am sort of glad that they animated comics have left the line and maybe now they can do their own thing and maybe get the stories back up to 22 pages instead of 20.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
Woah...I just reread the solicitations on the last two issues of Teen Titans Go!, and Ethan Beavers is providing the interior art!!!

I really liked what little we saw of his work in Justice League Unlimited, but this was Todd Nauck's series, start to finish. He should have been the one to close it out.

He's not, and that makes me very bummed. :sad:

ShadowStar

Woah...I just reread the solicitations on the last two issues of Teen Titans Go!, and Ethan Beavers is providing the interior art!!!

I really liked what little we saw of his work in Justice League Unlimited, but this was Todd Nauck's series, start to finish. He should have been the one to close it out.

He's not, and that makes me very bummed. :sad:

Huh? Todd Nauck is drawing issue 55, the final issue. You must be thinking of issue 54.

Silly McGooses

I like the last cover--it's a really nice way to bookend the series. I didn't read very regularly, but what I did blew away the quality of the show (which I don't think was terrible but was really not up my alley).

Spider-Man

Has there been any information released on what could be coming up in Justice League Unlimited? Based on the May-shipping comic info they are done with the "Flashback to Justice League Adventures" stories so I can't imagine this series lasting too much longer.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
My guess is that they'll be getting rid of the remaining shelved issues (like the Grodd/Mary Marvel one coming up), although, like you, I have no clue how many of those issues there are.

I'd be very, very surprised if DC even had someone write a "final" issue to this series to wrap it up in some way. All this to say, the end could come at any time, but if I had to guess, I think we'll get two more issues. There were three shelved stories from JL Adventures, so maybe three is the magic number...?!?

ShadowStar

So I was right. Issue 46 is the last issue. And Matt Wayne is back! He wrote issues 37 and 38; I wonder why it's taken so long for us to get another one of his issues... I will definitely buy the issue. But I will add here and now that DC are idiots to cancel JLU before issue 50 (at the earliest). The comic should go on, and so should TTG! It's highly unlikely that I will buy from them again after these two go...

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
As much as I'd like to see Teen Titans GO! continue, I won't expect or push for it. It was suppposed to end with issue 50, and DC allowed for five more issues, which is a really nice gesture and compromise. In that time, J Torres has delivered on the things fans most wanted (or at least, what I most wanted) and the series is coming to a proper end. The time is right.

JLU, I agree, should be allowed to continue to issues 50. Only four issues left to go, so I can't see why they wouldn't just push ahead.

I'm happy to hear that Matt Wayne will be writing the final Adventure, even though his last two issues were disappointements, for me. Heavy on continuity and character, but poorly paced an unsatisfying dramatically. Still, I'm glad we're finally getting (after 46 issues) a story centered purely on the Green Lantern Corps. This book could have easily jumped from group to group (The Amazons, The Atlanteans, The Corps, The League, etc) and told all sorts of stories...

I haven't exactly been a fan of Carlo Barberi's artwork in this book, and probably would have much prefer Ethan Beavers to have a stab at it...but I suppose it's fitting. He began the title, and his work isn't awful at all. Just not my taste.

Thanks for the heads up Jim. If anyone wants to campaign to DC for four more issues, count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts