"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, now I'm more hyped for this show. And we get 6 shorts. Sweet! I'm just spit-balling some guesses for the cast, but that definitely sounds like Robbie Daymond as Peter. Mr. Smythe is probably Steve Blum or Clancy Brown. Liz Allan sounds like Marieve Herington given that, to me anyway, she sounds like Libby from Star Darlings.
That scientist who Peter kept interrupting sounds like Steve Blum, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Smythe is Ben Diskin :).

ToonJay723

Staff member
The animation, and especially the backgrounds look much better than the last clip they showed. That short was good, can't wait to see the rest. Also, with the round glasses and green eyes Peter looks like Harry Potter. Just need darker hair, a scar, and Hogwarts robes.

thisguyisnotcool

Liz Allen was a nice surprise. Wonder if any of the other background students are important

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
Liz Allen was a nice surprise. Wonder if any of the other background students are important

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
There's one kid with Sandman's shirt and hair color. A de-aged Flint Marko maybe :sweat:?

There's also a redhead who I doubt is MJ but could be. And that blonde kid who pushed Peter around is likely Flash.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I find it a little odd they released the first clip like a month before the other 5 are scheduled to debut. I mean it's cool to have some new footage and updates about the show but it still feels like we have a while to wait for these (and then, for the actual show to start).

The supporting cast looks good so far and I'm pretty sure we haven't encountered everyone yet. Hopefully, this show will focus on them and how Peter/Spidey connects to them, something the last cartoon ignored most of the time.

And I'm also looking forward to the big chunk of exciting villains they promised us. :p

Frontier

Staff member
I find it a little odd they released the first clip like a month before the other 5 are scheduled to debut. I mean it's cool to have some new footage and updates about the show but it still feels like we have a while to wait for these (and then, for the actual show to start).
Well, the promotion for this show has been so low-key so far, maybe they're just trying to whet our appetites :p?

The supporting cast looks good so far and I'm pretty sure we haven't encountered everyone yet. Hopefully, this show will focus on them and how Peter/Spidey connects to them, something the last cartoon ignored most of the time
I'm curious if we'll see the Midtown high kids still be a factor once Peter starts attending Horizon High, with Harry which will probably have a whole different group of kids for him to interact with :sweat:.

Would feel like a waste after introducing Liz though...
And I'm also looking forward to the big chunk of exciting villains they promised us. :p
Just looking at who we have confirmed:

- Green Goblin

- Doctor Octopus

- Venom

- Vulture

- Scorpion

- Rhino

- The Lizard

And potentially the Smythe's...that's a pretty good roster of villains, assuming they're all used well ;).

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Wait, did no one catch that there's an acknowledgement of other heroes in this universe?

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
The short was pretty fun. Peter and Harry already have a natural rapport, and Peter acted like a normal teen without (gasp!) being too annoying like he could be on USM.

Also, his voice actor in this show is already an improvement.

Frontier

Staff member
Wait, did no one catch that there's an acknowledgement of other heroes in this universe?
I did with my "we get it, you're in a Marvel Universe" comment :).

They mention "Gamma Rays" and "Asgardians" so I'm guessing, despite not being "in-continuity" with the other shows, that the main Avengers are still active in this universe.

Frontier

Staff member
Y'know, I wonder if that OsCorp robot is going to end up developing into the Spider-Slayer? Just the first thought that popped into my head given the Smythes were here.

RoryWilliams

Ohhhh this look better... and no synergy, I was worry to see Ganke I mean Ned Leeds here.

Well, yes. Just given the production time, the show would've been being made while Homecoming was still filming. It's very unlikely they knew much, if anything about the movie when making the show, other than Vulture being the main villain.

Even the homemade costume they're using in the show was already in Civil War last year.

Frontier

Staff member
It is going to be interesting to see how much actual synergy is going to factor into this cartoon, given stuff like Liz being a part of the cast (and obviously not resembling Laura Harrier) could just be a coincidence and Vulture's role being one of the earliest bits of info they had about the movie.

I think it may be telling that one of the other major villains of the movie, Shocker, is nowhere in sight.

spyke

The animation looks good. The art is decent, but the show could use a little more shading. The voice acting is good. Harry being attending a school for geniuses is stupid (pun intended) and out of character. I'm pretty sure that both Peter and Liz will get accepted to that same school for geniuses in order to increase the synergy between the show and the movie. I hate that Osborne is once again responsible for Peter becoming Spidey. It seems to me that this show is basically an amalgamation of the USM comic,USM:WEB WARRIORS (the escape of SEVERAL experimental spiders gives the clue how all of the other Spider heroes will get their powers),Dan Slott's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN run,SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN, and the SPIDER-MAN HOMECOMING movie. All in all, not bad. I am cautiously optimistic. Of course this being the Loeb/Quesada run Marvel Animation, I won't be surprised if this show turns out to be garbage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts