"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
OsCorp being responsible for the radioactive spider is pretty much the standard origin story at this point. :p

I'm probably missing something, but it's funny how Spidey is wearing his traditional suit at the start of this short. Since this origin series (in which he'll most likely create his prototype suit) is told in flashback, I presume he'll be back in this getup by the end of the 6 animated shorts which I think are supposed to take place before the show starts. But then, he should be wearing the prototype again for at least the first few episodes of the show.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I searched the show on Google and it looks like they've listed the first six episodes as a single story called "Origin". The premier dates for each episode are the first six days of August and they're described as Peter getting the spider bite and using the scientific method's five steps to figure what happened. Search "Marvel's Spider-Man" on Google to find this.
It looks like those were these shorts that were listed. I think Marvel has this listed as Origin Part 1 on their YouTube channel though Operation: Observation seems to be what's listed as coming next at the end of the short. Maybe it's Origin Part 2 - Operation: Observation? Anyways, nice to see it going according to your find.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
OsCorp being responsible for the radioactive spider is pretty much the standard origin story at this point. :p

I'm probably missing something, but it's funny how Spidey is wearing his traditional suit at the start of this short. Since this origin series (in which he'll most likely create his prototype suit) is told in flashback, I presume he'll be back in this getup by the end of the 6 animated shorts which I think are supposed to take place before the show starts. But then, he should be wearing the prototype again for at least the first few episodes of the show.
There is still the question of just how long Peter will have the prototype suit at the start of the series...

Peter Parker

I enjoyed the clip. It reminded me of Spectacular Spider-Man meets Ben 10 and Voltron. I think people (the negative nancys over at Marvel Entertainment's upload) were spewing [garbage]. "Peter would never act this way bring back Spectacular " even though HE ACTED LIKE THAT AT TIMES IN THAT SERIES. Honestly I LOVE Spectacular but it was not the perfect series everyone says. I should know because I own the whole series and have watched it from start to finish. Anyway, Peter has ALWAYS been like this, he's a science geek....of course he'd be happy and geeking out. :p . Judging by the Wondecon clipiand general info he is definitely insecure but HE'S A TEEN GEEK! Anyway, the animation is a huge step up from the first clip. I like some of the voices and Peter is a lot more like himself. Again, I'm getting good vibes. Hopefully it holds up

Mod Note: Language.

Last edited by a moderator:

KombatMaster94

It looks like those were these shorts that were listed. I think Marvel has this listed as Origin Part 1 on their YouTube channel though Operation: Observation seems to be what's listed as coming next at the end of the short. Maybe it's Origin Part 2 - Operation: Observation? Anyways, nice to see it going according to your find.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

Thanks much.

Last edited:
THERE WAS BLACK CAT!!!! BLACK [censored] CATTTTTT%TR%TXcgrwejifntyuhbierguh

Mod Note: Language.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks pretty cool to me. Black Cat, Vulture, and I think Goblin and the Spider Slayers. Should be fun.

Doing some more thinking, and this is only speculation, I believe the show might premiere on August 12th, if they follow a similar pattern as the other Marvel cartoons and their prequel animated shorts:

• Guardians of the Galaxy - digital shorts between February 27th - March 4th, and then the season 2 premiere was on March 11th.
  • Avengers Secret Wars - digital shorts between June 2nd - 7th, and then the premiere on June 17th.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man - digital shorts between July 24th - 29th.

I think the show has to air at least it's first two episodes (presuming it's a two-part story) in August, while it's still summer.

TheLemsterPju

Looks pretty cool to me. Black Cat, Vulture, and I think Goblin and the Spider Slayers. Should be fun.

Doing some more thinking, and this is only speculation, I believe the show might premiere on August 12th, if they follow a similar pattern as the other Marvel cartoons and their prequel animated shorts:

• Guardians of the Galaxy - digital shorts between February 27th - March 4th, and then the season 2 premiere was on March 11th.
  • Avengers Secret Wars - digital shorts between June 2nd - 7th, and then the premiere on June 17th.
  • Marvel's Spider-Man - digital shorts between July 24th - 29th.

I think the show has to air at least it's first two episodes (presuming it's a two-part story) in August, while it's still summer.

I'm very certain that was the Jackal.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
It's great to see them cut a good teaser...for Japan.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Spiderman is by and far the most popular American superhero in Japan with Batman and the X-Men in a distant second and third.

TheLemsterPju

I think people (the negative nancys over at Marvel Entertainment's upload) were spewing [garbage]. "Peter would never act this way bring back Spectacular " even though HE ACTED LIKE THAT AT TIMES IN THAT SERIES. Honestly I LOVE Spectacular but it was not the perfect series everyone says.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
A couple of choice shots...

mp4_snapshot_00.08_[2017.06.29_12.10.48].jpg mp4_snapshot_00.15_[2017.06.29_12.12.13].jpg mp4_snapshot_00.17_[2017.06.29_12.12.29].jpg mp4_snapshot_00.18_[2017.06.29_12.13.00].jpg mp4_snapshot_00.18_[2017.06.29_12.13.19].jpg mp4_snapshot_00.19_[2017.06.29_12.13.57].jpg

I do wonder who the guy with the gauntlets are (at least I think they're gauntlets) and the cat eyes are a nice touch.

Spideyfan123

I don't think it starts in August seeing how the shorts have already begun. So we will be getting the series in July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts