"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The press release said the shorts will officially start on July 24th. This was just a preview of the first one, so they haven't begun already.

Dustellar

I wonder how they will make Black Cat work here... I mean, she's the most sexualized character of Spider-Man, much of her appeal is her relationship with Spider-Man but here Spidey is a teenager, I guess she will be more like in Spectacular Spider-Man than in Spider-Man: The Animated Series.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I wonder how they will make Black Cat work here... I mean, she's the most sexualized character of Spider-Man, much of her appeal is her relationship with Spider-Man but here Spidey is a teenager, I guess she will be more like in Spectacular Spider-Man than in Spider-Man: The Animated Series.
She looks as adorable as an eskimo, so my guess is she'll be more playfully cute than sensually seductive.

Frontier

Staff member
The coloring looks much better compared to AA and Guardians, but at the same time the character designs don't looks as sharp or as good as they could be, and they both don't seem to blend well together in my opinion :sad:.

Black Cat! Awesome! I wasn't expecting her at all but it's great to finally see Felicia in a Spider-Man cartoon again :D.

From the looks of it seems she's stealing from an art gallery...I hope the show does Felicia's character justice and doesn't just use her as a one-note villain or even portray her as that much of a villain at all, which would be a big disservice in my opinion :mad:.

I am really curious to see what her dynamic with Spidey is going to be like since, even disregarding Marvel Animation's stance against romance, she looks much older then Spidey here :ack:.

Looks like we are going to see the actual Spider-Slayer in action. I'm guessing Alistair hijacks the robot and sends it after Harry :evil:.

I wonder why the cartoons keep giving Vulture a sonic scream? Do they want to evoke Black Canary or something :p?

Given Wacker teased Miles Warren for USM but he wasn't involved at all in that show's take on the Clone Saga, I'm definitely surprised to see the Jackal turn-up in this cartoon :eek:!

Although I guess the Jackal was involved in Spider-Island, so if they're really adapting that storyline it makes some sense to introduce Jackal prior. It's also possible they want to setup Warren so they can introduce the Scarlet Spider at a future date :).

I'm also pretty sure this is the first time Miles Warren has appeared as the Jackal in a Spider-Man cartoon :cool:.

I guess we finally have our confirmation that Shocker will show up :anime:.

A couple of choice shots...

I do wonder who the guy with the gauntlets are (at least I think they're gauntlets) and the cat eyes are a nice touch.

That guy with the gauntlets that Spidey is landing in front of does look like he could be Shocker. He actually seems to resemble the costume one of the Shockers in Homecoming is sporting, just sans the mask :).

Vulture looks nothing like he does in the promotional art or resembles his movie design at all. He looks more like the Joaquin Torres Falcon who was recently introduced in the comics o_O.

Did someone in the art department not get a memo about Vulture's actual design or will he get a new suit later in the season? Does this mean the villains aren't going to look like in the promotional art :confused:?

He also doesn't look that old from this image so I'm wondering what kind of direction they're going with for Toomes (if that is Toomes)...

I can see why people were confusing the Jackal and Green Goblin, since this take on the Jackal looks a lot like the USM version of the Goblin. He looks a lot bigger then the comic Jackal, and even seems to be using tech weapons, which were also elements of the USM Goblin :ack:.

I like Black Cat's cat eyes but I'm not really feeling her character design otherwise. It just doesn't look as strong or visually appealing a look as her other cartoon designs in my opinion :(.
I enjoyed the clip. It reminded me of Spectacular Spider-Man meets Ben 10 and Voltron. I think people (the negative nancys over at Marvel Entertainment's upload) were spewing [garbage]. "Peter would never act this way bring back Spectacular " even though HE ACTED LIKE THAT AT TIMES IN THAT SERIES. Honestly I LOVE Spectacular but it was not the perfect series everyone says. I should know because I own the whole series and have watched it from start to finish. Anyway, Peter has ALWAYS been like this, he's a science geek....of course he'd be happy and geeking out. :p . Judging by the Wondecon clipiand general info he is definitely insecure but HE'S A TEEN GEEK! Anyway, the animation is a huge step up from the first clip. I like some of the voices and Peter is a lot more like himself. Again, I'm getting good vibes. Hopefully it holds up

Mod Note: Language.
I don't think anyone should claim Spectacular is perfect, because no cartoon is, but it was still a pretty great, well-made, and strong cartoon as a whole and was very faithful to the stories, characters, and feel of the comics ;).

Also, while Peter in Spec was very enthusiastic about science (I mean, he's Peter Parker) he didn't seem as goofy about it as this version of Peter appears to be. That's not a criticism, just something I've noticed about this take on Peter :shrug:.

spyke

The lack of shading and misplaced/bad CGI clashes with the coloring and makes the characters look flat. The flat character art makes this series look like a cross between THE BOTS MASTER, JAMES BOND JR,and SPACE STRIKERS.

thomas2313412

Guys, I have a thought.I know the animation and style of the new Marvel's Spiderman must have been influenced from "American anime" like Teen Titans Go,Transformers:Animated, Avatar : The last Airbender along with its sequel The legend of Korra and Voltron:Legendary Defender .

But what if I tell you that Marvel's Spiderman is the spiritual successor of the previous spiderman adapted animated series which was a cult classic and that is The Spectacular Spiderman (2008)

Because Marvel's Spiderman's art style and animation is similar to the Spectacular Spiderman's art style and animation and I am showing you images for comparison and proof:

Images from spectacular spiderman :

latest?cb=20140716030318&path-prefix=es.jpg

spectacular-spiderman1.jpg

the-spectacular-spiderman-vol-2-2008-r2-front-cover-100154.jpg

iuSS+001.jpg

the-spectacular-spider-man-television-screenshot-3.jpg

char_13592_109.jpg

Harry_Osborn_Spectacular_Spider-Man.jpg

15b511200fa23597d.jpg

tumblr_inline_npp5zfE9hv1r5ight_400.png

x240-QC4.jpg

b5bb83f9527a1480410321e65acadd3d-the-spectacular-spider-man-2008-season-1-1468411388.jpg

Images from Marvel's Spiderman (2017) :

spider-man-animated-header-new.jpg

spider-man-disney-xd-2017-poster.jpg

spiderman_xd-1400x1000.jpg

RnxHWUS.jpg

7r7OAx9.jpg

dxL3a5P.jpg

spider-man-disney-xd-series.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay,So maybe Marvel's Spiderman (2017) is influenced from american anime like Teen Titans Go,Transformers:Animated, Avatar : The last Airbender along with its sequel The legend of Korra and Voltron:Legendary Defender .

But I still think its style must been influenced from The Spectacular Spiderman (2008) .Am I right?

spyke

Guys, I have a thought.I know the animation and style of the new Marvel's Spiderman must have been influenced from "American anime" like Teen Titans Go,Transformers:Animated, Avatar : The last Airbender along with its sequel The legend of Korra and Voltron:Legendary Defender .

But what if I tell you that Marvel's Spiderman is the spiritual successor of the previous spiderman adapted animated series which was a cult classic and that is The Spectacular Spiderman (2008)

Because Marvel's Spiderman's art style and animation is similar to the Spectacular Spiderman's art style and animation and I am showing you images for comparison and proof:

Images from spectacular spiderman :

latest?cb=20140716030318&path-prefix=es.jpg

spectacular-spiderman1.jpg

the-spectacular-spiderman-vol-2-2008-r2-front-cover-100154.jpg

iuSS+001.jpg

the-spectacular-spider-man-television-screenshot-3.jpg

char_13592_109.jpg

Harry_Osborn_Spectacular_Spider-Man.jpg

15b511200fa23597d.jpg

tumblr_inline_npp5zfE9hv1r5ight_400.png

x240-QC4.jpg

b5bb83f9527a1480410321e65acadd3d-the-spectacular-spider-man-2008-season-1-1468411388.jpg

Images from Marvel's Spiderman (2017) :

spider-man-animated-header-new.jpg

spider-man-disney-xd-2017-poster.jpg

spiderman_xd-1400x1000.jpg

RnxHWUS.jpg

7r7OAx9.jpg

dxL3a5P.jpg

spider-man-disney-xd-series.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay,So maybe Marvel's Spiderman (2017) is influenced from american anime like Teen Titans Go,Transformers:Animated, Avatar : The last Airbender along with its sequel The legend of Korra and Voltron:Legendary Defender .

But I still think its style must been influenced from The Spectacular Spiderman (2008) .Am I right?

The art style (specifically in regards to the character designs) for this new Spidey cartoon is definitely influenced by SSM, but with far less shading.

Peter Parker

I find it hilarious that there was so much fuss about it being a team show and yet not a single trailer or "recent piece of merchandise" features Miles, Anya or Gwen. It does look more back-to-basics as promised and I love the colors. The trailer thankfully heavily focuses on the classic suit instead of the homemade. I think KombatMaster mentioned a proto suit for Vulture, that's probably it. There's The Jackal, a Spider Slayer and Black Cat. I guess Smythe goes bad (duh).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Apart from the usual Marvel Animation panel at San Diego Comic-Con this year (on Saturday July 22nd), there will also be a panel for Marvel's Spider-Man:
SUNDAY, JULY 23RD
MARVEL ANIMATION – MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN!
10:15 AM – 11:15 AM in Room 6A
It’s time to roll out the “Web Carpet,” Spidey fans! Because you’re invited to the WORLD PREMIERE of Marvel Animation’s newest series, Marvel’s Spider-Man! Face it, Tigers…this is the ONLY screening you need to see at Comic-Con!

Frontier

Staff member
Looking at all the footage we've seen so far, I honestly think this show's overall look and art style is more cartoony and simplified then even Spectacular Spider-Man was...
Apart from the usual Marvel Animation panel at San Diego Comic-Con this year (on Saturday July 22nd), there will also be a panel for Marvel's Spider-Man:
Wow, so the show is getting it's own panel on-top of the regular Marvel Animation panel? I'm not sure if that was the case when Avengers Assemble or Guardians of the Galaxy were first announced, but that's still pretty cool :D.

Hopefully we get plenty of good information out of the panel, since it'll be fully dedicated to the show. Be a good time to finally reveal the voice cast ;).

And using "Face it Tiger..." in the description is such a tease :rolleyes2:.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Looking at all the footage we've seen so far, I honestly think this show's overall look and art style is more cartoony and simplified then even Spectacular Spider-Man was...

Wow, so the show is getting it's own panel on-top of the regular Marvel Animation panel? I'm not sure if that was the case when Avengers Assemble or Guardians of the Galaxy were first announced, but that's still pretty cool :D.

Hopefully we get plenty of good information out of the panel, since it'll be fully dedicated to the show. Be a good time to finally reveal the voice cast ;).

And using "Face it Tiger..." in the description is such a tease :rolleyes2:.
That might just be a screening of episodes with not much time given to questions or anything. I kind of feel as though they've done separate screenings before but I can't really remember. It will probably free up the panel so they can screen Avengers or Guardians episodes and have more Q&A time.

I didn't think of the tease aspect of Face It, Tiger. It would be nice if whoever wrote the description isn't just being cute with the references.

Sent from my AT7-B using Tapatalk

ChessKing

Another quick new teaser's online

One thing that's noticeable is Spider-Man flipping over what appears to be a couple of werewolves. At first I thought maybe it was Man-Wolf but there are two.

I can't watch it because the up loader has made it unavailable in my country.

I hate it when they do that.
Is there another way to see it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts