"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Roxas_Sora

Yeah, but in a much more direct way. I don't see them retreading what already happened in the first Symbiote Invasion.

In the first invasion, they used Spider-Man's teammates and his superhero allies (the Avengers and Doctor Strange) against him. The impact would have been a bigger psychological torture if they had possessed Aunt May, and the girl Peter has a crush on, Mary Jane. Besides, the symbiotes of the first invasion only knew information Venom gave them; the real Venom is going to return somehow, and since he was actually bonded to Peter, he will make this much more personal.

Frontier

Staff member
In the first invasion, they used Spider-Man's teammates and his superhero allies (the Avengers and Doctor Strange) against him. The impact would have been a bigger psychological torture if they had possessed Aunt May, and the girl Peter has a crush on, Mary Jane. Besides, the symbiotes of the first invasion only knew information Venom gave them; the real Venom is going to return somehow, and since he was actually bonded to Peter, he will make this much more personal.
Yeah, so probably just coming at Peter directly :p.

Aunt May with a Symbiote is a little too much. I also don't think MJ has been around enough for her having a Symbiote to be that impactful.

Roxas_Sora

Yeah, so probably just coming at Peter directly :p.

Aunt May with a Symbiote is a little too much. I also don't think MJ has been around enough for her having a Symbiote to be that impactful.

Pal, villains never have enough with only punishing the hero. They always want to make them suffer in the most horrible ways. In "Renew Your Vows", he tried to kill his wife (MJ) and his baby girl (Annie); which was going too far and Spider-Man killed Venom in retribution before he could hurt his family again. (As Spider-Fan, not proud of Spidey killing; but who can blame him?, any father would have done the same!).

Well, we saw a version of Aunt May possessed by Carnage in the last adventure about Spider-verse in the comics. (Seriously, that will give you nightmares). And although I understand you point, we could say the same about Miles' dad, turning out of nowhere as Swarm. (By the way, I believe he will play a role to defeat Venom in the last special somehow).

Frontier

Staff member
Pal, villains never have enough with only punishing the hero. They always want to make them suffer in the most horrible ways. In "Renew Your Vows", he tried to kill his wife (MJ) and his baby girl (Annie); which was going too far and Spider-Man killed Venom in retribution before he could hurt his family again. (As Spider-Fan, not proud of Spidey killing; but who can blame him?, any father would have done the same!).
I hope we get a good solo Venom fight to close out the season :).
Well, we saw a version of Aunt May possessed by Carnage in the last adventure about Spider-verse in the comics. (Seriously, that will give you nightmares). And although I understand you point, we could say the same about Miles' dad, turning out of nowhere as Swarm. (By the way, I believe he will play a role to defeat Venom in the last special somehow).
Yeah, I'd rather we not get another Swarm situation :sweat:.

Roxas_Sora

Venom using mj and Peter's closest people doesnt that sound like the same thing as ultimate spiderman

"Ultimate Spider-Man"? Pal, better say Spider-Man's whole mythos. I mean, in "Ultimate Spider-Man", I didn't see much of that, actually. However, in comics and older animated series, we had more of those situations:

+ In 90's series, after the Green Goblin discovered Spidey's secret identity, he tried to kidnap Aunt May; but for some miracle, he decided she was too old to be involved in this. So, he kidnapped MJ instead and we had the whole thing about MJ disappearing in another dimension.

+ In "Spectacular Spider-Man", Venom kidnapped Gwen in his plot to have revenge against Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

Besides, as freaky as it was, I remember you Aunt May was infected by the Spider-Virus during the Spider-Island's arc. It was cool to see Aunt May with powers, but it stopped being cool when she suddenly turned into a were-spider. I could perfectly see her being possessed by a symbiote next; but I believe that's what will happen to MJ, as she has to have any importance before the series ends.

Frontier

Staff member
Besides, as freaky as it was, I remember you Aunt May was infected by the Spider-Virus during the Spider-Island's arc. It was cool to see Aunt May with powers, but it stopped being cool when she suddenly turned into a were-spider. I could perfectly see her being possessed by a symbiote next; but I believe that's what will happen to MJ, as she has to have any importance before the series ends.
Maybe she'll serve to give Peter a motivational pick me up in the finale. Seems like what the writers set up with her the last time she and Peter seriously interacted.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Having MJ as someone who only gives Pete some friendly advice occasionally is a pretty unique idea, but I think it kind of works on the show and I honestly don't mind too much. It's doubtfull any big romantic stuff will kick in during "Maximum Venom" so I am just glad they managed to include MJ during the show, even if only for a little while. As it's usually the case she pretty much steals every scenes she's in.

Roxas_Sora

Having MJ as someone who only gives Pete some friendly advice occasionally is a pretty unique idea, but I think it kind of works on the show and I honestly don't mind too much. It's doubtfull any big romantic stuff will kick in during "Maximum Venom" so I am just glad they managed to include MJ during the show, even if only for a little while. As it's usually the case she pretty much steals every scenes she's in.

MJ is MUCH MORE than just friendly advices, he already has Aunt May for that. They coud give us kiss like the one between Gwen and Peter at the end of Season 1's Spectaular Spider-Man. Besides, previous interviews said MJ would "challenge" Peter in a way that his friends of Horizon don't. I don't understand what that means, but it should be something big.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
"Ultimate Spider-Man"? Pal, better say Spider-Man's whole mythos. I mean, in "Ultimate Spider-Man", I didn't see much of that, actually. However, in comics and older animated series, we had more of those situations:

+ In 90's series, after the Green Goblin discovered Spidey's secret identity, he tried to kidnap Aunt May; but for some miracle, he decided she was too old to be involved in this. So, he kidnapped MJ instead and we had the whole thing about MJ disappearing in another dimension.

+ In "Spectacular Spider-Man", Venom kidnapped Gwen in his plot to have revenge against Spider-Man and Peter Parker.

What about the earlier animated shows and the MTV series?

Frontier

Staff member
MJ is MUCH MORE than just friendly advices, he already has Aunt May for that. They coud give us kiss like the one between Gwen and Peter at the end of Season 1's Spectaular Spider-Man. Besides, previous interviews said MJ would "challenge" Peter in a way that his friends of Horizon don't. I don't understand what that means, but it should be something big.
I think there's a difference between advice from a peer and advice from your aunt. I think MJ "challenges" Peter in that she's not in his Horizon circle and isn't a science type, so she relates to him in a different way.

Which I wish the show could've expanded on more but c'est la vie.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
No Marvel's Spider-Man panel has been announced for NYCC so far. With the event starting in a few days it's doubtful there would be any last minute changes. In a way it might work out for the better, so they don't spoil much for the final episodes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts