"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
In the original storyboard for "Generations" Miles, Anya, and Gwen were supposed to show up at that diner with Peter and Harry. According to Kelly Kao they probably cut out those last few seconds because the episode was already too long.

This just made me realize the only one of Peter's other friends Harry has ever really interacted with is Gwen. And it doesn't look like we'll get to see any of them interact with MJ :(.

thisguyisnotcool

Good interview.
  • He's not sure if there's gonna be a season 4. He could be lying because of NDA but honestly with context we have I wouldn't be on it
  • He does say it ends buttoned up or complete
  • Definitely right about there's always gonna be a Spider-Man cartoon on TV lol
  • There's a possibility we could see his version of Peter again with other Spider-Man actors. (I think that would be cool)

Frontier

Staff member
Robbie is an insanely talented VA. I don't feel like the show has always given him the best material to work with as Spidey (though he killed it as the Superior Spider-Man) but I thought he did a great job and I'm happy he got a chance to play Spider-Man :).

That's interesting that he thinks this half season of hour long specials might become more of the norm for Marvel Animation. I mean, assuming they're making more content at all :sweat:.
Good interview.
  • He's not sure if there's gonna be a season 4. He could be lying because of NDA but honestly with context we have I wouldn't be on it
  • He does say it ends buttoned up or complete
  • Definitely right about there's always gonna be a Spider-Man cartoon on TV lol
  • There's a possibility we could see his version of Peter again with other Spider-Man actors. (I think that would be cool)
I forget when they announced Maximum Venom, but I think we're past the point where they would have logically announced a new season. That the finale closes things out on a good note kind of sums things up, I think.

I would be down for an animated Spider-Verse that, like, reunited all the main Spider-Man animation VA's (Christopher Daniel Barnes, Dan Gilvezan, Josh Keaton, Neil Patrick Harris, Drake Bell, Robbie, maybe even Paul Soles) :cool:.

Roxas_Sora

What about the earlier animated shows and the MTV series?

I think the 70's series didn't have anything about it because of the censorship of those times in TV series. However, in the 80's series "Spider-Man" and "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends", there was something like that. I believe there was an episode where Sandman discovered Spider-Man's identity and he blackmailed him about staying out of his business or Aunt May would pay for it.

I don't know which series you mean about MTV.

Kevin's

According to
Full episodes and TV Listings

Spider-Man is pushed to his breaking point after Venom summons an earth-shattering threat from its home planet.

Earth shattering threat that sentence can't be just about the sisters
And why the hell dint the sisters appear during vengeance of venom
Were they healing venom or what

Pattern_Maker

According to
Full episodes and TV Listings

Spider-Man is pushed to his breaking point after Venom summons an earth-shattering threat from its home planet.

Earth shattering threat that sentence can't be just about the sisters

Considering that was one of the synopsizes when Season 3 was announced, especially with them trying to promote the Venomized heroes, I think the Earth-Shattering threat was just the Symbiote invasion.

And why the hell dint the sisters appear during vengeance of venom
Were they healing venom or what

The Symbiote Sisters were shown as leaders in that History of Venom video and Venom said that it was his mission to contact other symbiotes when he had a planet ready for them to take over. Just a simple alien invasion plot.

Roxas_Sora

It definitely could be the "fiery beast" mentioned in the history video, as unappealing as that sounds, kind of feeling that the sisters could just be cameos or flashbacks.

Definitely we will see the "Fiery Beast", which I bet it will be Carnage. And if I have to guess, its host could be Norman Osborn.

And I don't think the Three Sisters will be just cameos. Since they will blame Spider-Man for Venom's "death", they will surely want to take matters on their own.

Roxas_Sora

More mj
They are on a date yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo
It's something I wanted in this series a romantic touch

Happy to see Peter and MJ on a date, but what called my attention the most was at 0:27. That symbiote monster that is after Spidey in that scene... It's eyes... THAT'S the "fiery beast of ultimate destruction" from Venom's secret story!!! DAMN IT!!! I should have known they wouldn't use Carnage for a kid show. Stupid censorship!

The Sisters clearly have hosts, probably the aliens from that world. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if, after seeing the power of the Spider-Heroes, they decide to use them instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Just a reminder to please use Spoiler tags when discussing promos for the finale. Some may want to watch the episodes without watching the promos and trying to avoid spoilers.

As for one of the developments presented in the promo-
Peter & MJ on a date feels a bit sudden, and in a way it is kind of similar to USM, where the "Spider Slayers" arc started with the two getting back from a date, again without any real build-up.

I can't really complain since it seems they'll focus more on the date aspect here and it is kind of cool the show will at least tease some romance a bit more, since I kind of doubt much will come out of this episode considering the other "earth-shattering" events that are supposed to take place here.

Frontier

Staff member
More mj
They are on a date yahoooooooooooooooooooooooo
It's something I wanted in this series a romantic touch
MJ and Peter at a dance? MJ in a dress? Last-minute, but I'll take it :D.

Oh hey, Venom! I almost thought the show had forgotten you :p.

He has his normal physical body so it seems like he has a host. I wonder who it is...Connors :confused:?

The Symbiote Sisters look suitably creepy :eek:.

Oh no, this is going to culminate in a giant monster fight again, isn't it :sweat:?

Pattern_Maker

I found a higher quality video of the commercial and...

Peter, Gwen, Anya, and Miles are not only fighting Venom and the Symbiote Sisters, but their fighting the Grendel Dragon Symbiotes that were introduced in Donny Cates' Venom run. Venom and the sisters summon them to Earth. It goes by fast, but if you pause the commercial near the end you'll see Spider-Man fighting Venom on and around one of the Symbiote Dragons.

Frontier

Staff member
I found a higher quality video of the commercial and...

Peter, Gwen, Anya, and Miles are not only fighting Venom and the Symbiote Sisters, but their fighting the Grendel Dragon Symbiotes that were introduced in Donny Cates' Venom run. Venom and the sisters summon them to Earth. It goes by fast, but if you pause the commercial near the end you'll see Spider-Man fighting Venom on and around one of the Symbiote Dragons.
Looks like the Sisters square off against the other Spiders so Peter can face off against Venom one-on-one, which seems to culminate in Peter landing on the Symbiote Planet. On the plus side, Spider-Man finally gets a major solo confrontation in the last episode of his show ;).

I think that scene at the end with Peter and MJ with their arms around each other is possibly the final scene of the show since MJ talks about how an alien invasion is pretty weird as far as first dates go, so it's presumably after the fight with the Sisters and Venom :).

Kevin's

Looks like the Sisters square off against the other Spiders so Peter can face off against Venom one-on-one, which seems to culminate in Peter landing on the Symbiote Planet. On the plus side, Spider-Man finally gets a major solo confrontation in the last episode of his show ;).

I think that scene at the end with Peter and MJ with their arms around each other is possibly the final scene of the show since MJ talks about how an alien invasion is pretty weird as far as first dates go, so it's presumably after the fight with the Sisters and Venom :).
I guess you are right about the last scene
And as per mj's words and Peter's reaction it doesn't seem like mj does not know anything about Peter being Spiderman
Looks like Peter is afraid and is blushing I wonder where his other friends are at this pont
And describtion does not convince the promo because the describtion was about ant finding lizard and coming across venom but here it seems like it directly crashed the party

bigdaddy313

I guess you are right about the last scene
And as per mj's words and Peter's reaction it doesn't seem like mj does not know anything about Peter being Spiderman
Looks like Peter is afraid and is blushing I wonder where his other friends are at this pont
And describtion does not convince the promo because the describtion was about ant finding lizard and coming across venom but here it seems like it directly crashed the party
Maybe the crashed the party after looking for Lizard

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts