"Marvel's Spider-Man" (Animated Series) News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
It does seem a bit odd they're not promoting the finale. There's still time until the episode premieres on Sunday so they could still post at least a clip or featurette or something, but we'll see. Honestly, I'm not really expecting something "tremendous" to happen on the show, but I feel like they spoiled a bit much already in the promos (especially in regards to Peter & MJ).
Maybe for once Marvel understands that discretion is the better part of valor :p.

Frontier

Staff member
Not that I necessarily mind, but does anyone else find it kind of random that they got stars from the latest Disney teen movie hit to voice the final villains of a Spider-Man cartoon :sweat:?

As for what is show in the preview:
Is that Harry at 0:26? I guess the blue and orange jacket is supposed to reference him being Hobgoblin :confused:.

0:31 - Are we getting a "Face It Tiger..." moment? She's even doing the pose :D.

1:16 - Is Scorn immune to the Venom Blast? It also looks like she morphs into Peter to fool them :ack:.

Kevin's

after seeing all the clips I am not able to connect all the points not completely
i can't wait any more now
[\spoiler]

Pattern_Maker

From what I can tell

The Web-Warriors are looking for Connor's and this is also when Venom returns.

This part is the dance and when Venom summons the Sisters to Earth.

Frontier

Staff member
Hitting the Jackpot from 1966 to 2020:

Mary-Jane-Jackpot.png

Screenshot_2020-10-23 ZOMBIES Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russell and Carla Jeffrey Marvel’s Spider-Ma...png

Kevin's

this is the info from a fandom website and part two is a bit surprising with the presence of max mordel

Part 1​

When Spider-Man and his allies go to track down the missing and dangerous Lizard, they discover that the vicious Venom has returned to seek revenge on the planet Earth!

Part 2​

Spider-Man must travel through a portal to a distant planetoid that has a symbiote-based environment in order to stop his greatest nemesis Venom, save his mentor Max Modell, and protect the planet Earth from complete destruction.
[\spoiler]

Frontier

Staff member
this is the info from a fandom website and part two is a bit surprising with the presence of max mordel

Part 1​

When Spider-Man and his allies go to track down the missing and dangerous Lizard, they discover that the vicious Venom has returned to seek revenge on the planet Earth!

Part 2​

Spider-Man must travel through a portal to a distant planetoid that has a symbiote-based environment in order to stop his greatest nemesis Venom, save his mentor Max Modell, and protect the planet Earth from complete destruction.
[\spoiler]
"Greatest nemesis Venom." Well I guess in the grand scheme of the show he's fought Venom the most :sweat:.

Kevin's

After seeing venom as such a disaster it's hard to hope that venom will ever change and be on the good side in this series

Kevin's

Any one who has seen the episode what's the chance of season 4
Does the series end as a cliff hanger
Acording to Fandom website Curt and swarm never appeared in the episode

Last edited:

Pattern_Maker

Any one who has seen the episode what's the chance of season 4
Does the series end as a cliff hanger
Acording to Fandom website Curt and swarm never appeared in the episode
The ending doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but it has the potential to lead into a fourth season or a new series.
The fandom website is correct.

Roxas_Sora

Venom is always better as a villain.
Only if Carnage is out of the picture. Otherwise, he's better as an anti-heroe.

Now, after seeing the last special of "Maximum Venom", I have good news and bad news:
+ The good news is... The story will continue after "Maximum Venom".
+ The bad news is... it will not continue by TV.

This is the cover of an incomming comic about Spider-Man:
https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/content/prod/1x/webofsm2020001_cov.jpg

>>Solicit Synopsis
"Peter Parker. Spider-Man. Scientist. Troublemaker?

Thanks to none other than Tony Stark, a new scientific research station for the teenage heroes of the Marvel Universe has just been completed – and Spider-Man just got an invitation to join! Working alongside some of your favorite faces from the MU and a whole bunch of awesome new gadgets, and with Iron Man keeping an eye on the them, surely everything’s going to go great for the heroes, right? ...Right?

Face front, True Believers, and treat yourself to this first issue in an adventure of the WORLDWIDE ENGINEERING BRIGADE!"

The building at the background matches the holo-building shown by Spidey in the last minutes of the special, so we can guess where this is going.

Pattern_Maker

Only if Carnage is out of the picture. Otherwise, he's better as an anti-heroe.

Now, after seeing the last special of "Maximum Venom", I have good news and bad news:
+ The good news is... The story will continue after "Maximum Venom".
+ The bad news is... it will not continue by TV.

This is the cover of an incomming comic about Spider-Man:
https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/content/prod/1x/webofsm2020001_cov.jpg

>>Solicit Synopsis
"Peter Parker. Spider-Man. Scientist. Troublemaker?

Thanks to none other than Tony Stark, a new scientific research station for the teenage heroes of the Marvel Universe has just been completed – and Spider-Man just got an invitation to join! Working alongside some of your favorite faces from the MU and a whole bunch of awesome new gadgets, and with Iron Man keeping an eye on the them, surely everything’s going to go great for the heroes, right? ...Right?

Face front, True Believers, and treat yourself to this first issue in an adventure of the WORLDWIDE ENGINEERING BRIGADE!"

The building at the background matches the holo-building shown by Spidey in the last minutes of the special, so we can guess where this is going.
W.E.B of Spider-Man and the building is based on a Disney Parks ride being made that is centered around the MCU called Web-Slingers: A Spider-Man Adventure. The comic was supposed to come out in the Summer, I think in June around the time the Vengeance of Venom aired. It was one of the many comics delayed by Covid-19.

A user on another forum said that Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl were mentioned to be part of the story, and after looking up information on the ride the characters featured appear to be: Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Cassie Lang (Ant-Man's daughter), Harley Keener ("Iron Man 3") and Onome (a character from Wakanda).

I think if it was based on the cartoon the solicits would have mentioned Miles and Gwen making an appearance, because of Spider-Verse synergy. But who knows, maybe Kevin Schinik will sneak in Miles, Anya, Gwen, and Harry as a reference to his time working on the show.

Roxas_Sora

This is just a list of the potential plots that a continuation of "Marvel's Spider-Man" could use, based on resolved matters from the series. (There are quite a lot).

+ The first time ever that we have both Miles Warren and the Jackal in a series, and we don't have Spider-Clones? THAT is a tremendous fiasco!! If we get a continuation, we should have Kaine, Ben Reilly and... Maybe Ultimate Jessica Drew?

+ The whole plot about what happened to Sandman should be answered, also give us a potential solution to restore them as a family. Come on! Disney owns Marvel now, so they should give a chance to this family to make amends.

+ Swarm is definitely a plot to be resolved, and find a way to restore him back to human. I also would like a way they COULD somehow bring Rio Morales to the series. I mean, I'm not really confortable with Miles now being "orphan".

+ The Lizard is another plot to be solved, without a doubt. He was a jerk, even if he was blackmailed by Osborn for something it never existed. But Spidey is one of those guys who can't avoid to help everybody, even his enemies.

+ Doc Ock is a big plot to be solved too. Yeah, I know he's supposed to be dead, but I found really ridiculous for a character to "die" in a kid's show (except for Uncle Ben). If by any chance, Jackal and the Spider-Clones would be used next, then we could have the return of the "Superior Spider-Man" just like in the comics, with a clone body.

+ Spider-Island was one of the biggest stories of the series, but I don't think ALL the consequences from it were avoided. I mean, I know many people don't like every member of Spider-Man's cast having powers, but it would be very funny if (just like Spider-Gwen), something reactivated Aunt May's spider-powers in a time of need. (She's a close relative to Peter, after all). Of course Aunt May wouldn't wear a costume but, Aunt May with Spider-Powers? Many supervillains would think again before messing with the Parker family again. And it would be funny if Mary Jane ends up revealing to have powers too, just like in the comics.

+ Eddie Brock was abandoned in the series, and with Venom jumping from host to host continuously, I don't see any logic reason for him to be bonded to Venom again. However, MAYBE it could be bonded to another symbiote. Maybe Anti-Venom, like in the comics? That would be interesting and a good way for Eddie to remain relevant, in case other symbiotes return.

+ At the end of the fifth special, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have Norman Osborn, Jackal and Chameleon knowing Peter Parker's secret identity. And you know what happens when the bad guys knows the hero's secret identity; they attack you in you own backyard. I personally would love to see Norman trying to kidnap Aunt May and, regaining spider-powers, he pulls his Goblin's ear in a such humilliating defeat or something.

+ Peter and MJ on a relationship is something I really wanted to see again in the series, something I really missed in the last season of "Ultimate Spider-Man". It would turn the series more interesting; I mean, come on!, how can you make a series with teenagers and they don't even have their hormones "haywire"? Besides, like in the comics, she could discover of her own Peter is Spider-Man and get more involved in his life.

+ I don't count with Venom, Grendel, Scream, Scorn and Mania being really destroyed. Pretty sure they will return, and I would like to know what happened to the Three Sister's hosts. It would be interesting if the Avengers could help them somehow to free their home planet or something.

+ Some other plots of the series that appeared in promo material but they were apparently forgotten are Iron Spider and Spider-Man 2099 (with his second suit). They could use them again in the future, honestly.

So, what do you think?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts