Talkback: The First CW4K!DS Broadcast [5/24]

Dark Fact

Preaching evil since '04
Movie06 said:
Oh, that's right. But what if 4Kids somehow brainwashed both Sony and Marvel?
There is an image macro somewhere that would really fit this quote. But...I don't know where it is. :(

judyindisguise

I'm still watching World of Quest, and it has had its one or two moments, but overall I think it continues to squander its potential. (Writers need to be replaced for sure, and the show's producer as well, for said squandering). I'm thinking it'll finish its initial run, but I'd be surprised if season 2 appears here in the States.

I'm wondering if Skunk Fu is a possible survivor simply because of the upcoming film Kung Fu Panda movie. Maybe the show's creators hope some of that film's possible success will rub off on them?

I can't believe that CWKids won't try to hang onto Tom and Jerry. Personally I don't care for it, but I can see it's a hit with its target audience, so why would CW let it go?

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
So... All these changes are so far Cosmetic? Okay that fine, but when are they going to develop their own little graphics.

Also I found it weird to see the logo on the corner of my screen. To me it felt like I was watching it in a different country.

creativerealms

Which may happen more often than not. I'm not entirely sure what 4Kids' relationship is with Greg Weisman but I wouldn't be surprised if they're keeping a distance from him after the TMNT episode: Same As It Never Was.

Who knows after all a good amount of the TMNT 2K3 writers were also Gargoyles writers. Maybe they could come together and have more Gargoyles writers on Spectacular in Later seasons. That includes Marty Isenberg who actually wrote Future Tense. While Isenberg did not write SaiNW it's not too much of a stretch if he helped out.

Also why would that episode make Greg want to keep his distance? Because he made a comment that an episode like Future Tense could not be made today and then TMNT 2003 showed that it could? I would think he would be happy that he was wrong in that case.

Oh, that's right. But what if 4Kids somehow brainwashed both Sony and Marvel?

If Sony, Marvel, and Greg Weisman have even half the Will power of Mirage and Peter Laird then there is nothing to worry about.

hobbyfan

Did they cancel "Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue"? Why are they double-running Tom & Jerry Kids & Spider-Man? They've got enough shows where they don't need to double run anything. Don't say it's because of ratings because that is a lame excuse.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Did they cancel "Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue"? Why are they double-running Tom & Jerry Kids & Spider-Man? They've got enough shows where they don't need to double run anything. Don't say it's because of ratings because that is a lame excuse.

It seems that Warner canceled all their series (Tom & Jerry Tales, Shaggy & Scooby-Doo, Legion, The Batman). As for why they're doubling Tom & Jerry and Spectacular Spider-Man, yes, it's because of ratings. That's how TV scheduling is dictated, so I guess you better get use to it as an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Did they cancel "Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue"?

Just to clarify something, while it WAS canceled, you should be happy it at least got a proper series finale (actually, I love that WB actually took the time to give proper finales to ALL of their plot-centered shows that they canceled this year. Nearly all other companies would never have done this due to that "fear kids might become sad" crap).

dth1971

With the debut of CW 4 Kids formerly Kids WB on CW:
* Same schedule, only 1 new episode - World of Quest.
* If the 2 4 Kids stations get the different TMNT shows (1980's-1990's TMNT on 4 Kids TV and current TMNT on CW 4 Kids), how about the 2 4 Kids stations airing the different Sonic shows (1993 Sonic SAT AM on CW 4 Kids and current Sonic X on 4 Kids TV)?

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
* If the 2 4 Kids stations get the different TMNT shows (1980's-1990's TMNT on 4 Kids TV and current TMNT on CW 4 Kids), how about the 2 4 Kids stations airing the different Sonic shows (1993 Sonic SAT AM on CW 4 Kids and current Sonic X on 4 Kids TV)?
4Kids is never getting the original 80's-90's TMNT series. Ever.

Sonic X is an online exclusive now, as it ceased production a while ago.

And SATAM is DiC, nothing to do with 4Kids, so don't count on that happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

veemonjosh

...Where the hell are you getting the idea that 4Kids is airing the original TMNT series? They'll never touch that series.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
With the debut of CW 4 Kids formerly Kids WB on CW:
* Same schedule, only 1 new episode - World of Quest.

My Goodness.................please.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I know but it's just that I'm kind of worried at what 4Kids will possibly do.

I seriously doubt that 4Kids would brainwash, as you put it, Sony and Marvel since they both seem to have much more say in the movies than 4Kids ever would. In other words, it isn't going to happen so there's no need to worry.

Anyway, it seems like they've barely made any changes with the CW4Kids. I do think that airing Fast Forword is a good move on their part. While that whole season aired like three times before and is already on DVD, it does give the people who haven't seen them on 4KidsTV a chance to see the most recent season before they head on with the new season this fall. I do agree that it might also be better if they aired some of the other seasons since that would give the viewers a better idea of the quality of TMNT, but hopefully the new season will show them that as well.

I don't know which repeat slot they'll get rid of for this airing of Fast Forward. I have a feeling that it will either be Spiderman or Tom and Jerry, depending on which one has overall better ratings.

veemonjosh

I don't know which repeat slot they'll get rid of for this airing of Fast Forward. I have a feeling that it will either be Spiderman or Tom and Jerry, depending on which one has overall better ratings.

It'll probably be Spider-Man's 9:30 slot, since Tom and Jerry still gets the highest ratings on the block.

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
It'll probably be Spider-Man's 9:30 slot, since Tom and Jerry still gets the highest ratings on the block.
Agreed, it'd also be safer if they did it that way or else we'll end up with another Fast Forward situation were the shows 13 episodes get rerun to death.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Tom & Jerry may get the highest ratings, but it has also aired all its episodes, and it has aired the epsodes more often than Spidey already. If it is going to end up on CN, then it would be one of the first shows 4K!ds targets to take off.
Agreed, it'd also be safer if they did it that way or else we'll end up with another Fast Forward situation were the shows 13 episodes get rerun to death.
The only problem there is Spectacular has 26 episodes, not 13. The other 13 weren't scheuled to air until fall, but that is always subject to change since a different company has taken over the block. Also, summer is the time when reruns run rampant anyway, with the exception of CN, so it'll make no difference that they rerun a lot of episodes.

Then again they could always surprise us and air TMNT Fast Forward from 9-10 replacing reruns of one slot of Spidey and Tom & Jerry.

veemonjosh

Then again they could always surprise us and air TMNT Fast Forward from 9-10 replacing reruns of one slot of Spidey and Tom & Jerry.

That's actually the other theory I had, since then they'd be able to run all 26 episodes of FF before the fall season starts.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts