Talkback: The First CW4K!DS Broadcast [5/24]

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
This show is so tiny and obscure, don't hold your breath. It'll possibly be even harder than trying to see the last two episodes of Drive.

How many did you get? I didn't start until the one where Nestor was turned to stone....

I only started taping it during the final broadcast of Kids WB. ><

Light Lucario

Staff member
4K!ds has licensed the final season of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, which is a shortened season, so I see no reason they would pull it before airing all the episodes.

I know that they'll air the next season regardless of which channel it ends up on. I was just commenting before on how weird it feels if 4Kids will have new episodes of GX and 5D's on the same channel this fall. For some reason, I'm still thinking that the GX airing will be repeats, not premiers. If they started showing new episodes right on June 21 on the CW4Kids, then that would leave a lot of new viewers confused about what the heck is going on. At least when they started episodes on 4KidsTV last year, they started right at the beginning of the current season, thus making it less confusing for people watching the show for the first time than if it were right in the middle of the season.

Besides that, I also think that they're having GX on the lineup to establish more viewers for 5D's in the fall, just as Fast Forward is doing for the new TMNT season. I understand why 4Kids would want some of their better rated/popular shows on the CW4Kids, but I can't help but feel that they may want to keep a couple of them on 4KidsTV for at least their next run on Fox so that they don't lose so much money from their possible last year on that channel. I also still feel that two Yu-Gi-Oh! series airing on the same block is kind of weird. Not really a bad weird, but just weird. I would be okay with it either way, at least once that weird feeling passes through me.

simpsonsfan

Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
Staff member
I just checked on 4kids.tv since I have been watching episodes of Sonic X and anyways when I checked out other shows streaming online I saw Skunk Fu on there. So now I guess we know 4KIDS wants Skunk Fu! for the fall. I wonder if it will end up one on the CW or Fox. Guess we'll find out.

Another thing I can't believe World of Quest is over so soon. I wanted to tape them when they re-aired I guess it's a no go then. But, I thought it was making 26 episodes in Canada though? If so I will be mad that Canada got more of Quest. :crying:

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I just checked on 4kids.tv since I have been watching episodes of Sonic X and anyways when I checked out other shows streaming online I saw Skunk Fu on there. So now I guess we know 4KIDS wants Skunk Fu! for the fall. I wonder if it will end up one on the CW or Fox. Guess we'll find out.

O_O

Wow, that was totally unexpected. This keeps on getting weirder and weirder. So, I guess any show from Kids' WB this past season is fair game for streaming on 4Kids.tv.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
O_O

Wow, that was totally unexpected. This keeps on getting weirder and weirder. So, I guess any show from Kids' WB this past season is fair game for streaming on 4Kids.tv.

Possible hope for World of Quest episodes 14+? :p

collector_cliff

Noob Saibot
O_O

Based on discussions on the 4kids forums about the whole CW/4Kids situation, the moderators mentioned that they would be addding content to the site and eventually (the way I understood it) cw4kids.com would re-direct visitors to 4kids.tv I also found they have a template for a Skunk Fu page on their site:
http://www.4kids.tv/show/skunkfu

judyindisguise

This show is so tiny and obscure, don't hold your breath. It'll possibly be even harder than trying to see the last two episodes of Drive.

How many did you get? I didn't start until the one where Nestor was turned to stone....

That was one of the episodes that gave me a glimmer of hope.

Ehh, but I just saw this week's. Lord Spite has to be the lamest villian ever, even for a comic villian. My God, Drakken of Kim Possible was far better, because he had depth, and Shego, and he was occasionally really funny. (Like in the "Sick Day" episode, and the one where he kept trying to open that jar of gherkins). If a show about a quest has such an incompetent villian, then where's the tension? Or the drama that's at least occasionally needed to give the heroes' struggle any oomph? And again, the characters don't relate to each other very well, or in a very entertaining way. Too bad. Once again an episode of World of Quest gets buried in lame "jokes" and nothing of consequence. Only good moment was when Nestor kept his word. But overall, the quest itself isn't involving enough to hold viewer interest, and the jokes aren't funny enough to make up for that lack. Oh, and I take back the good things I said about Quest in the beginning. He's a bore when he's not damn annoying. I actually think the show would be better without him.

Yeah, this show needs to go bye-bye.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrymouse16

Sonic and Amy Forever!!!
I Was Hoping That CW4Kids Would Have The Game Station Look. Oh, Well.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
CW 4K!ds has announced the new schedule beginning on June 21, and people here nailed a lot of the items right on the nose. Gone are Johnny Test, Skunk Fu, Eon Kid, and World of Quest, which will be taken off the air right after it airs its 13th episode. Joining the block are TMNT Fast Forward, Chaotic, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and The Batman is returning.

7 AM- Will & Dewitt
7:30 Magi-Nation
8 AM- Tom & Jerry Tales
8:30- Tom & Jerry Tales
9 AM- Chaotic
9:30- Spectacular Spider-Man
10 AM- Spectacular Spider-Man
10:30- TMNT: Fast Forward
11 AM- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
11:30- The Batman

Since that puts the two GX's and Chaotic on at the same time on two different networks, I'm willing to bet that 4K!dsTV will also be rearranging their line-up on the same day, probably having GX premieres move to CW, and that probably means that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX will be on The CW 4K!ds this fall.

Ah, it's a pitty The Batman isn't right after Turtles. They broke a good 2 hours of comic hero action. Ah well...

I actually didn't think they'd go with Batman over JT but I'm glad I was wrong about that. It is obviously because of the movie coming up. So here's what's sad... 4kids seems to know better what to do with WB's shows than WB or CN does.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Ehh, but I just saw this week's. Lord Spite has to be the lamest villian ever, even for a comic villian. My God, Drakken of Kim Possible was far better, because he had depth, and Shego, and he was occasionally really funny.
They made Mr. T a wizard this week; that makes everything you just said invalid.

judyindisguise

They made Mr. T a wizard this week; that makes everything you just said invalid.

Ehh...maybe my brain's still numb from seeing Indy 4 this afternoon, but huh? The Wizard was a good guy imprisoned by that la-de-da Lord Spite, so he wasn't a villian. Unless you mean that Mr. T is of sufficient awesomeness to overcome WoQ's shortcomings. Which is an even bigger "huh?" if that's what you meant.

And besides, the wizard sounded more like Jesse Jackson.

Shift

Brave Warrior of the Sea
Heh, it's pretty interesting to see how 4Kids has basically become the king of kids' broadcast. Personally, I've found that their shows range from very well done (all their originally animated stuff, early Pokemon, UM, and even YGO and SK to an extent), down to incredibly mediocre (Sonic X, OP, TMM/P). At the moment, I find their faults outweighing their positives, but there's no denying that for a while yet, they're going to be the big corp. on campus.

hobbyfan

Skunk Fu has already moved to Cartoon Network, airing in back of Johnny Test on weekdays. I don't think Skunk and Eon Kid really got a fair shake in this deal.

Personally, I'd like to see this blow up in 4Kwacks' faces. No more double runs, if you please!

A smarter move would've been to bring back the Legion to let it play out over the summer, same as they're doing with The Batman, instead of double-running Spider-Man.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts