Talkback: The First CW4K!DS Broadcast [5/24]

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Bigddan's theory does seem likely, since those are CW4Kids' highest rated shows. So they'd basically be using the "sandwich" scheduling technique. Of course, that would mean both TMNT shows would be airing at the same time, so that may rule out that option.

Hmm...I wonder if any other 4Kids series will join the lineup during the summer. If so, I think Chaotic will probably move there next.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
It does seem likely, since those are CW4Kids' highest rated shows. So they'd basically be using the "sandwich" scheduling technique.

Hmm...I wonder if any other 4Kids series will join the lineup during the summer. If so, I think Chaotic will probably move there next.

Yeah, Chaotic and GX are the other two shows that are likely to pop up on CW4Kids next. I'm predicting they'll replace Skunk Fu and Johnny Test (since they both have/will have CN runs).

Sonic_Eclipse

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
The only problem there is Spectacular has 26 episodes, not 13. The other 13 weren't scheuled to air until fall, but that is always subject to change since a different company has taken over the block. Also, summer is the time when reruns run rampant anyway, with the exception of CN, so it'll make no difference that they rerun a lot of episodes.
I'm aware Spider-Man has 26 episodes and that the other 13 won't air till the fall. I meant it would be a good idea to go back to showing Spider-Man once a week so those 13 episodes don't get overrun through the summer. Since the double airing started some of the episodes have aired at least 2 or 3 times already or so it seems like it.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Yeah, Chaotic and GX are the other two shows that are likely to pop up on CW4Kids next. I'm predicting they'll replace Skunk Fu and Johnny Test (since they both have/will have CN runs).
Considering that they are planning on airing the rest of season 3 on 4K!dsTV through the summer, I don't see GX moving to The CW 4K!ds, especially since it would be the third network within a years time and would cause more confusion for fans wanting to see the finish of the current season. I also think they'll air the final season of GX on 4K!dsTV this fall while they air the new Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's on The CW 4K!ds. If anything, I could see them moving Dinosaur King to The CW 4K!ds since it is rumored to be heading there this fall and is already in rerun mode.

As far as airing the two Ninja Turtles shows at the same time, they could easily rearrange one or both schedules. I could easily see them swapping Winx Club and the Best of the Ninja Turtles on 4K!dsTV if they want to air Ninja Turtles Fast Forward for the full hour between Tom & Jerry and Spectacular Spider-Man and have it not at the same time as The Best of the Ninja Turtles.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
CW 4K!ds has announced the new schedule beginning on June 21, and people here nailed a lot of the items right on the nose. Gone are Johnny Test, Skunk Fu, Eon Kid, and World of Quest, which will be taken off the air right after it airs its 13th episode. Joining the block are TMNT Fast Forward, Chaotic, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and The Batman is returning.

7 AM- Will & Dewitt
7:30 Magi-Nation
8 AM- Tom & Jerry Tales
8:30- Tom & Jerry Tales
9 AM- Chaotic
9:30- Spectacular Spider-Man
10 AM- Spectacular Spider-Man
10:30- TMNT: Fast Forward
11 AM- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
11:30- The Batman

Since that puts the two GX's and Chaotic on at the same time on two different networks, I'm willing to bet that 4K!dsTV will also be rearranging their line-up on the same day, probably having GX premieres move to CW, and that probably means that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX will be on The CW 4K!ds this fall.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
CW 4K!ds has announced the new schedule beginning on June 21, and people here nailed a lot of the items right on the nose. Gone are Johnny Test, Skunk Fu, Eon Kid, and World of Quest, which will be taken off the air right after it airs its 13th episode. Joining the block are TMNT Fast Forward, Chaotic, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and The Batman is returning.

7 AM- Will & Dewitt
8 AM- Tom & Jerry Tales
9 AM- Chaotic
11 AM- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Since that puts the two GX's and Chaotic on at the same time on two different networks, I'm willing to bet that 4K!dsTV will also be rearranging their line-up on the same day, probably having GX premieres move to CW, and that probably means that Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's and Yu-Gi-Oh! GX will be on The CW 4K!ds this fall.

Before I comment, do you have a source?

Light Lucario

Staff member

7 AM- Will & Dewitt
8 AM- Tom & Jerry Tales
9 AM- Chaotic
11 AM- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

Wow. If that's true, then that's just weird. I was so sure that they would have GX premiers on 4KidsTV, even in the fall. You brought up a good point about how changing stations would leave fans, at least ones without Internet access, confused. I also thought that they would keep GX on 4Kids so that two different Yu-Gi-Oh! series wouldn't air on the same channel. I kind of thought that's why CN stopped DM repeats as soon as GX started. They probably also wanted to give GX more attention since it was just started out.

I'm not saying that GX premiers on the CW would be bad thing. It just feels kind of weird because of two different series airing together, as well as how GX changed to yet another channel. Now that I think about it, I don't think that they'll have premiers of GX this fall. I think that they're doing it to warm the audience up to 5D's in their fall schedule. Pretty much like how they're having Fast Forward to ease into the new TMNT season. I would be okay if it was premiers on the CW in the fall, at least once I shake off the weird feeling I'm getting from it.

On another note, it would be kind of cool to see The Batman again. After watching some of the episodes of all of the different Batman series for that paper, as well as that review of the series on the main page of ToonZone, I kind of regretted not getting into the series, especially when I heard that it improved during the course of its run. Besides that, I thought that it would be fun to see it anyway. With that in mind, I should also watch more of that new Spiderman series. I didn't see much of it during the last week of Kids' WB, but I did like what I saw.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Before I comment, do you have a source?
My source happens to be a moderator here who looks at the advance schedule that is sent to TZ, even though it hasn't been updated in a while.

Originally Posted by Light Lucario
Wow. If that's true, then that's just weird. I was so sure that they would have GX premiers on 4KidsTV, even in the fall. You brought up a good point about how changing stations would leave fans, at least ones without Internet access, confused. I also thought that they would keep GX on 4Kids so that two different Yu-Gi-Oh! series wouldn't air on the same channel. I kind of thought that's why CN stopped DM repeats as soon as GX started. They probably also wanted to give GX more attention since it was just started out.

I'm not saying that GX premiers on the CW would be bad thing. It just feels kind of weird because of two different series airing together, as well as how GX changed to yet another channel. Now that I think about it, I don't think that they'll have premiers of GX this fall. I think that they're doing it to warm the audience up to 5D's in their fall schedule. Pretty much like how they're having Fast Forward to ease into the new TMNT season. I would be okay if it was premiers on the CW in the fall, at least once I shake off the weird feeling I'm getting from it.

On another note, it would be kind of cool to see The Batman again. After watching some of the episodes of all of the different Batman series for that paper, as well as that review of the series on the main page of ToonZone, I kind of regretted not getting into the series, especially when I heard that it improved during the course of its run. Besides that, I thought that it would be fun to see it anyway. With that in mind, I should also watch more of that new Spiderman series. I didn't see much of it during the last week of Kids' WB, but I did like what I saw.

4K!ds has licensed the final season of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, which is a shortened season, so I see no reason they would pull it before airing all the episodes.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
My source happens to be a moderator here who looks at the advance schedule that is sent to TZ, even though it hasn't been updated in a while.

Ah. So, I don't suppose you know any specific details, like what episodes will be airing?

veemonjosh

Well, so much for hoping to tape all of World of Quest before it disappeared...:crying:

*goes onto Shout Factory forums to request that they get the DVD rights*

Also, Spidey + TMNT in the same hour = BEST HOUR ON TELEVISION.

warnerbroman

Well, so much for hoping to tape all of World of Quest before it disappeared...:crying:

no spidey+TMNT+The batman= epic win!!

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
You know, most of the changes actually make sense. They are bringing back The Batman no doubt to help promote The Dark Knight movie. Bringing Chaotic, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, and TMNT: Fast Forward over basically confirms the suspicion that all three are going to be on The CW 4Kids this fall, so start advertising the station they will be on now. We know that TMNT and Chaotic will be reruns, but the big question remains will GX be premieres or reruns?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Yeah...and its kinda weird that GX and Chaotic are on at the same time on both networks...

Hahaha, 4Kids is making sure that kids have to watch their shows. They don't have any other options (unless you count E/I programming or Disney Channel reruns).

judyindisguise

7 AM- Will & Dewitt
8 AM- Tom & Jerry Tales
9 AM- Chaotic
11 AM- Yu-Gi-Oh! GX

I'm a little sorry about World of Quest being dropped, because it had potential. It's about the only thing on the old WB I made a point of watching (hoping a miracle would happen and it would improve. Like I've said before, hope is like a drug to me.) Supposedly Canada will be getting 26 eps of the show. Maybe some of them will eventually find their way to the States, who knows. Ah well. Another series down the drain...

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Yeah...and its kinda weird that GX and Chaotic are on at the same time on both networks...

Hahaha, 4Kids is making sure that kids have to watch their shows. They don't have any other options (unless you count E/I programming or Disney Channel reruns).
They actually have quite a few options still. They could always air Fighting Foodons, Sonic X, Ultraman Tiga, or even Magical DoReMi again if they really wanted to take away the "web exclusive" titles. They still have a second season of Pirate Islands that has never aired, and Di-Gata Defenders would be perfect to resurrect. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DoReMi ends up on the CW block during the first hour if they don't renew Will & Dewitt or Magi-Nation for this fall since the first hour is E/I compliant.

veemonjosh

They actually have quite a few options still. They could always air Fighting Foodons, Sonic X, Ultraman Tiga, or even Magical DoReMi again if they really wanted to take away the "web exclusive" titles. They still have a second season of Pirate Islands that has never aired, and Di-Gata Defenders would be perfect to resurrect. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if DoReMi ends up on the CW block during the first hour if they don't renew Will & Dewitt or Magi-Nation for this fall since the first hour is E/I compliant.

I have a feeling that Magi-Nation will continue airing since it fits in well with the kinds of shows 4Kids normally shows. They COULD air Magical DoReMi, but they could also be using that show they have a naming poll for as an E/I show.

As for Sonic X...I'm hearing some news that Greece has new episodes of Sonic X listed on one of their channel's schedule, despite the fact that they already aired the Meterex arc YEARS ago on that same channel. So, it's POSSIBLE that, while it's hard to believe at this point, we might be getting a brand new season by next spring. :eek:

I'm a little sorry about World of Quest being dropped, because it had potential. It's about the only thing on the old WB I made a point of watching (hoping a miracle would happen and it would improve. Like I've said before, hope is like a drug to me.) Supposedly Canada will be getting 26 eps of the show. Maybe some of them will end up on YouTube or eventually find their way to the States, who knows. Ah well. Another series down the drain...

Well, that's good news.

If it does air in the US on another channel...the show kinda gives off the vibe that it could either air on CN (Johnny Test still gets good ratings and it might fit with Brave and the Bold) or Jetix (they already air quite a few series in the same kind of genre).

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member

This show is so tiny and obscure, don't hold your breath. It'll possibly be even harder than trying to see the last two episodes of Drive.

How many did you get? I didn't start until the one where Nestor was turned to stone....

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts