"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 10 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragnatek

This Norman can pull off the Iron Patriot better then his comic counterpart can. Yes we know he was evil before becoming the Goblin but his evil actions are not well known and most people believe his actions as the Goblin were related to the serum. It's much easier for him to pull off the hero thing here.

Frontier

Staff member
This Norman can pull off the Iron Patriot better then his comic counterpart can. Yes we know he was evil before becoming the Goblin but his evil actions are not well known and most people believe his actions as the Goblin were related to the serum. It's much easier for him to pull off the hero thing here.
And he's still yet to kill anyone, that we know of :sweat:.

ChessKing

I live in the UK and I saw a short promo it had a few new shots of footage and it went by very quick but this is what I think I saw glimpses of:
Doc Conner's turning back into Lizard.
Spider-Man saying the words: spider-Lizard.
Agent Venom gaining the teeth of the classic Venom.
The Organic Vulture from the previous episode wearing armour with the Hydra logo using his sonic scream attack.

Roxas_Sora

Another topic, thanks for the info, ChessKing. I wish you could add some pictures too. I have to tell you something about that:
1º) We already knew that thanks to the info of the actors from "Agents of SHIELD".
2º) Uh-oh, something tells me Spidey is going to be infected, and I hope to be wrong. Agent Venom and Iron Spider can be protected by their symbiote and armor, and we have seen Scarlet and Miles holding the Lizard in a photo.
3º) That can't be good, but I hope it will be just for a moment. Back when Flash became Agent Venom, the Beetle used a sonic weapon against him and, for a short moment, he had Venom's teeth. So I hope this will be the same case.
4º) When you say "Organic Vulture", you mean something different of the guy from this picture?:
http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disne...pider-man-web-warriors/episodes/iron-vulture/

Because if it is, then I have a spoilerish suspiction about what is going to happen about Norman Osborn in the next episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChessKing

Another topic, thanks for the info, ChessKing. I wish you could add some pictures too. I have to tell you something about that:
1º) We already knew that thanks to the info of the actors from "Agents of SHIELD".
2º) Uh-oh, something tells me Spidey is going to be infected, and I hope to be wrong. Agent Venom and Iron Spider can be protected by their symbiote and armor, and we have seen Scarlet and Miles holding the Lizard in a photo.
3º) That can't be good, but I hope it will be just for a moment. Back when Flash became Agent Venom, the Beetle used a sonic weapon against him and, for a short moment, he had Venom's teeth. So I hope this will be the same case.
4º) When you say "Organic Vulture", you mean something different of the guy from this picture?:
http://www.disneyabcpress.com/disne...pider-man-web-warriors/episodes/iron-vulture/

Because if it is, then I have a spoilerish suspiction about what is going to happen about Norman Osborn in the next episodes.

The Vulture looks like the one we've seen before he's just wearing armour with the Hydra logo on it.

Roxas_Sora

The Vulture looks like the one we've seen before he's just wearing armour with the Hydra logo on it.
Thanks for the info, Chessking. I believe now I can confirm my theory. You see, having Ultimate Goblin at one side and Norman Osborn at the other, I believe Norman is going to form his own "team" of "Heroes" against Doctor Octopus, Hydra and the new Sinister Six. I basically believe Norman's team will be formed by Spider-Man's foes who are trapped in the line between allies and enemies. I believe Vulture will be the first member, which will probably will be cured by his mutation (or most of it) by a cure similar to the one Norman used to immune himself from the Goblin. Then, with his organic wings gone, Norman will surely give the Vulture a new tech armor to look more similar to classic Vulture.

I believe Norman will recruit a team in a pathetic intent of imitating the Avengers, just like in comics he created the Dark Avengers with villains disguised as heroes. These are the candidates I see:
+ Norman Osborn: As Iron Patriot, he clearly emulates both Iron Man and Captain America.
+ Vulture: He will surely be Norman's version of Falcon.
+ Anti-Venom (Harry Osborn): I believe Harry will suffer this transformation, and he will be Norman's own Spider-Man and/or Black Widow.
+ Sandman: Sandman was once member of the Avengers, so it could be.
+ Rhino: I suppose Norman will cure him too somehow, so he will be like Hulk.
+ Man-Wolf: Sounds weird, but John Jameson could become Norman's Black Panther.

I though about Lizard, but I'm not convinced. Speaking of which, I have been thinking about why Connors would betray Spidey, and I only find one reason: I believe Octopus has his wife and son as hostages. Yes, I know they haven't debut until now; however, Connors debuted in the series having both arms. So, I would say it's quite possible.

Well, what do you think?

Frontier

Staff member
It would be nice to finally see Peter's normal supporting cast, small as it is, appear in more then 1 or two episodes a season. Especially when they're usually such iconic and important characters :sweat:.
I wonder if that has anything to do with Mordo o_O?

I was wondering what would happen to the other kids/teams, given how many there are, how little they did in the premier, and how the main focus is on the Spider-heroes. Nice to know they'll still make appearances, though I don't expect we'll get that much significant plot with them.

But hey, if this means less Nova, all power to it :p.

Hmm...

Duck = Howard the Duck?

A Lady in Red = Madame Web?

I hope the New Warrior isn't Triton.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.
Yeah, it would be kinda lazy if it was him given he's kind of a package deal with the Inhuman Royal Family, so where they appear, he's likely to appear :shrug:.

Roxas_Sora

About Wacker's Tumblr:

1º) He already said several times that MJ and Harry will have more importance this season. I really can't wait to see them, especially MJ, if she's going to experience what I suspect.

2º) More dangerous, sure. And yes, I bet it has something to do with Baron Mordo, because I'm sure what happened to him scattered his essence through dimensions. More unexpected?, maybe he means we will see realities we never imagined. I'm not entirely sure about that. After the comics' Spider-Verse, I learned to expect eny kind of spider.

3º) Well, they can just put aside the old team just like that. So, of course they have to remain present in the series. I believe the New Warrior to appear in other series will be Nova, either in the Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy. (However, it should mean we will see the destruction of the Nova Corps).

4º) + "Pirates!": Either a scheme of Mysterio or a reality with a Spider-Pirate. I think I saw one like that in the comics' Spider-Verse
+ "A duck!": Either an official team-up with Howard the Duck, or maybe a "Spider-Duck".
+ "A Lady in Red": It could be Madame Web, either Cassandra or Julia. But it could also be Spider-Woman, and I really hope that will be the Ultimate version (but with a twist).
+ "And a twist that no one will see coming": I don't think so. I had some quite crazy ideas after seeing the first episodes, so I'm quite expecting some really weird things.

Frontier

Staff member
Clip from "Iron Vulture", from Marvel's YouTube page:

Things look a little tense between Peter and Miles there...but it's nice to see Harry actually factoring into the plot again and Miles out-of-suit :).

Vulture looks a lot cooler now that he doesn't have that "Goth Kid" design to work from, though I still don't understand why Adrien's working for Doc Ock to try and kill Norman. Then again, I expect Norman probably deserves it :sweat:.

Also, it's going to be weird seeing two Tom Kenny voiced characters on the same team with each other, if Vulture ends up in the Six. Still feels odd that they cast Kenny as Vulture, but I guess this whole series has had Tom Kenny doing unexpected roles :p.

Frontier

Staff member
Adding to the Madame Web and "Lady in Red" connection, here's Julia Carpenter's Madame Web look:
latest

spyke

About Wacker's Tumblr:

3º) Well, they can just put aside the old team just like that. So, of course they have to remain present in the series. I believe the New Warrior to appear in other series will be Nova, either in the Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy. (However, it should mean we will see the destruction of the Nova Corps).

4º) + "Pirates!": Either a scheme of Mysterio or a reality with a Spider-Pirate. I think I saw one like that in the comics' Spider-Verse
+ "A duck!": Either an official team-up with Howard the Duck, or maybe a "Spider-Duck".
+ "A Lady in Red": It could be Madame Web, either Cassandra or Julia. But it could also be Spider-Woman, and I really hope that will be the Ultimate version (but with a twist).
+ "And a twist that no one will see coming": I don't think so. I had some quite crazy ideas after seeing the first episodes, so I'm quite expecting some really weird things.

I think that most of your theory's are spot on. However, I have a few theory's of my own (one of which expands on one of your theories).

1. I think that Nova will leave the show and join the Avengers and become a regular cast member of AA because of synergy.

2. I think that the pirates might be the Starjammers.

3. I think that the "twist that no one will see coming will be either (a) the Scarlet Spider is Ezekiel (from JMS stupid mystical Spider Totem stroryline from the comics) and will be the spy/traitor on the team or (b) that Miles and Peter's earths/reality's will merge into one reality or that Miles mother will come over to Peter's earth and be reunited with Miles father (who will be revealed to be Peter's earth's version of Miles father or be revealed to be Miles real father who was transported to Peter's earth).

Frontier

Staff member
I think that most of your theory's are spot on. However, I have a few theory's of my own (one of which expands on one of your theories).

1. I think that Nova will leave the show and join the Avengers and become a regular cast member of AA because of synergy.
Well, the cartoons have so far been more concerned with movie synergy then comic synergy, so I don't expect the shows to reflect current comic status quos that much. So I'm not expecting the ANAD Avengers roster to be a thing in the cartoons unless we get something in the movies that reflect it.

But given Wacker's personal investment in Kamala, I could at least see her joining as a result of that :).

And on a personal note, I would be sorely tempted to stop watching Assemble if they put Nova, as he is now, on The Avengers. So I hope they don't do that :sweat:.

2. I think that the pirates might be the Starjammers.
While they would fit the description of pirates, would Marvel Animation really use characters owned by Fox :confused:?

spyke

Well, the cartoons have so far been more concerned with movie synergy then comic synergy, so I don't expect the shows to reflect current comic status quos that much. So I'm not expecting the ANAD Avengers roster to be a thing in the cartoons unless we get something in the movies that reflect it.

But given Wacker's personal investment in Kamala, I could at least see her joining as a result of that :).

And on a personal note, I would be sorely tempted to stop watching Assemble if they put Nova, as he is now, on The Avengers. So I hope they don't do that :sweat:.

While they would fit the description of pirates, would Marvel Animation really use characters owned by Fox :confused:?

When it comes to the twisted synergy infecting Marvel these days, it's the comics that take their cues from the animated TV series (as well as the movies), not the other way around. In other words, the ANAD AVENGERS team roster is reflecting the upcoming season 3 of AA, not the other way around. Just like the WEB WARRIORS comic is reflecting season 3 and 4 of USM. Speaking of WW, I would like to point out that I was the one who came up with that name several years ago and publicly (and freely with no regrets) suggested on both the CBR and bleeding cool forums several times it as a team name for a Spidey led New Warriors team. I made those posts under the username "Blade X".

As for Marvel using the Starjammers in the cartoons, it could happen if FOX has decided to pass on doing a Starjammers movie just like they did with the Inhumans (who were part of the FF movie rights), which would result in the movie rights for those characters reverting back to Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts