"X-Men '97 (Disney+)" Animated Series News & Discussion, Part 2 (Spoilers)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Thinking about Jubes finally having a classmate/peer in Roberto, and I'd really like to see more of the New Mutants or Gen X kids appear down the line. I always wanted to see the New Mutants animated more, and most of them only ever appeared in Evolution.
Same and I always thought they had potential for their own animated series since Evolution was the closest thing to such.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member

GRPHX

I'm going into very niche field, but they seem to have taken not only the main intro theme but also many parts of the show from the original soundtrack. That is, Cue, score and underscore parts. Ron Wasserman said in an interview that he did not have access to the original master tapes of the music from X-Men, Sweet Valley High and Power Rangers, and therefore there was no remastering or remixing, and they believed that the mastertapes in Saban's music library, including old Marvel shows, were lost/misplaced during the acquisition. However, since these soundtracks were reused, do you think these mastertapes were well protected by Disney? So what are the chances of us getting an HD/UHD Remaster of the 90s Marvel animated universe? (MAU) Do you think Video Mastertapes have been well preserved and protected when they took over the Saban and its properties in 2001, that is. I've heard that media companies are pretty terrible at protecting master tapes.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member

They must be pretty happy with this if they're releasing the information.

Also, views across all 5 seasons of the original 1992 X-Men animated series increased by 522% since the X-Men ’97 trailer launched on February 15.

And a preview clip for Episode 3...

Last edited:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member

A Saturday Morning promo. I'm just randomly thinking about what the last animated series that had me this excited to watch week to week was, and it was My Adventures with Superman.

And another new promo...

The only shot I didn't recognize is Jubilee pouncing on Magneto.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
That feels very much like a Konami beat em up so far. As a kid, I always thought it would be cool if they made a TAS themed remake of the Konami game.

The Days of Future Past wanted poster is a nice touch.

I've been seeing a rumor floating about
costume changes at the end of the season
. That's something I already thought about happening but I'm not sure I'd care for it too much. That's one thing I don't think needs improving here.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
It's like they took the premise of the Justice League Action video game episode and doubled-down on it :p.

I like how we see from Jubes and Robert's perspective but the audience sees it as a beat-em up :).

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
It's like they took the premise of the Justice League Action video game episode and doubled-down on it :p.

I like how we see from Jubes and Robert's perspective but the audience sees it as a beat-em up :).

My first comparison thought was the Fight Fighters episode of Gravity Falls but I did love the JLAction episode.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am more optimistic than I was awhile ago. I'm eagerly anticipating to see Porky and Daffy's movie in theaters because seeing hand drawn animation on the big screen is a real treat. And Pepe Le Pew is no longer retired. No need to worry anymore. Looney Tunes are still core to WB, and I am excited for what is next for them in the future.
Happy National Radio Day, Uh what's left of it! The day not radio.

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary

Featured Posts