Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
This is not a joke

According to Discord users, today CN PT cut an entire segment from Doraemon (The Day Dorami Was Born)

You're right, WBD EMEA now outright BANS depictions of birth

Imagine if they air The Cramp Twins again and cut the part of the intro with the twins fighting while in their mother's womb

TSMetro64

I don’t get why CN Germany has a decent night schedule and the other Munich-based feeds air Gumball spam. Does the team only care about developing their country’s feed or what?

Same thing applies to some shows aired at daytime.

Francisque

I don’t get why CN Germany has a decent night schedule and the other Munich-based feeds air Gumball spam. Does the team only care about developing their country’s feed or what?

Same thing applies to some shows aired at daytime.
It's not about selfishness, but the fact CN Germany has to struggle because of pay TV not being particularly popular and the channel being "forced" to show very little advertising: actually none now, they have dropped it completely

Believe it or not, when channels struggle have more variety than when they don't; they have to still find an "audience", somehow
Plus, having no ads leave more space to programming

In CEE the channel has more of a fanbase, and is more ad-heavy; same as the UK version of CN and even the likes of Boing Italy

In telly terms national selfishness doesn't exist: they would show a testcard 24/7, if this made to them money

Markus Nelis

I barely even watch CN now (and due to Disney caring about it's own channel again). When a channel like Disney Channel has had HD quality for almost a year, CN still has this SD quality. Even most of Europe already have CN in good quality. Honestly, at this point they don't bother spending money due to Max.

When I watch their content, I demand for HD quality. Just updating you. I will post some news here and there but otherwise I won't be as active on this thread as before.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
I barely even watch CN now (and due to Disney caring about it's own channel again). When a channel like Disney Channel has had HD quality for almost a year, CN still has this SD quality. Even most of Europe already have CN in good quality. Honestly, at this point they don't bother spending money due to Max.

When I watch their content, I demand for HD quality. Just updating you. I will post some news here and there but otherwise I won't be as active on this thread as before.
so you will watch less and less CN only because of the SD quality?

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
In 2022, I started archiving old CN CEE continuities, mainly from between 2008-2011, and, starting from November 2023, I compiled them into a folder. I don't want my nostalgia to be lost.

This is the current state of my folder. It will grow as more interesting continuities get uploaded. (The RYW promo was also saved, because that's the only post-2010 ident era I love.)
cnrecordings.png

Francisque

Sadly Czechia and Slovakia have been for a very long time an afterthought for many intl. companies
But even Greece and Finland (especially) are not far off

CZ+SK the wealthiest markets in CEE, but the lower population of the combined countries sometimes matter more than many people think

You get more profit by targeting Polish viewers (38 million viewers against around 15 for CZ+SK), also because Poland is by far not a poor country (not anymore) and still has a high pay TV penetration rate; anyway, most of the Balkans is often even worse

ROToon Alt

Sadly Czechia and Slovakia have been for a very long time an afterthought for many intl. companies
But even Greece and Finland (especially) are not far off

CZ+SK the wealthiest markets in CEE, but the lower population of the combined countries sometimes matter more than many people think

You get more profit by targeting Polish viewers (38 million viewers against around 15 for CZ+SK), also because Poland is by far not a poor country (not anymore) and still has a high pay TV penetration rate; anyway, most of the Balkans is often even worse
Should I say why?...less people watch CN CEE in the last years,why again? Only 10 or shows are on the schedule,there is nothing good to lure people into watching it and the Gumball nights are often avoided to watch for a WHOLE night)
Only kids watch under 14 or 16 (they having most of the time doing other things than watching TV) This is something about lifestyle,what they do when kids are growing up or the parents who wants for thier kids in thier daily routine and that being to stay less on the TV and being productive or being social outside (at least in Romania and Moldova as I've seen or heard)
That being said,even me..I don't even have CN anymore due Digi changes (it won't be hard to add it back but...it dosen't worth it)
Maybe is the same with Greece,they picked Disney (maybe is more watched that CN or something,who knows)

Markus Nelis

CN Nordic has around 15 shows but it has gone autopilot. They recycle the same promos all the time for new episodes. No timeslot mention. No schedule changes in 7 months outside of two very small changes. Even with variety, I'm feeling bored. It's embarrasing that Cartoonito does schedule changes every month and CN doesn't makes me think they care about CN's sister channel more. CN is just there to promote Max. CN CEE can't be that bad. More Gumball but the schedule changes often which brings in more diversity.

ROToon Alt

CN Nordic has around 15 shows but it has gone autopilot. They recycle the same promos all the time for new episodes. No timeslot mention. No schedule changes in 7 months outside of two very small changes. Even with variety, I'm feeling bored. It's embarrasing that Cartoonito does schedule changes every month and CN doesn't makes me think they care about CN's sister channel more. CN is just there to promote Max. CN CEE can't be that bad. More Gumball but the schedule changes often which brings in more diversity.
Same here,same schedule for a long time..
The shows are boring and excluding new episodes from the shows they got on the schedule,is way bad than CN Nordic believe me

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
Same here,same schedule for a long time..
The shows are boring and excluding new episodes from the shows they got on the schedule,is way bad than CN Nordic believe me
actually, we still get occasional schedule changes on CN CEE, even last-minute ones (aaagh!!). More besides the times new episodes are airing for shows not in the usual schedule

Reactions: J10

ROToon Alt

actually, we still get occasional schedule changes on CN CEE, even last-minute ones (aaagh!!). More besides the times new episodes are airing for shows not in the usual schedule
It's not a big change tho,still the same shows with a "mask" or a "hat"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts