"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Honestly I was kind of figuring we'd first see Kamala in like Captain Marvel 2 (since Feige said BEFORE they can do a Kamala Ms Marvel series they have to set up Captain marvel which I also thought meant showing her off as this big hero of earth that would inspire people. Which... does the regular citizenry of earth even know Captain Marvel? Like even post Endgame I imagine she didn't spent too much more time on earth then like the big fight and the funeral and would she of been documented that much in the final battle?) but hey we don't know WHEN this Ms. Marvel series will be and I do believe and feel Captain Marvel 2 will be 2023 so it's possible the series itself will be 2023. Either way that is cool news. As Kamala feels like the kind of series that works best as more a high budgeted show then just a film or the like. Yeah have her first appear in a film and transition into a series. That would work.

Frontier

Staff member
Honestly I was kind of figuring we'd first see Kamala in like Captain Marvel 2 (since Feige said BEFORE they can do a Kamala Ms Marvel series they have to set up Captain marvel which I also thought meant showing her off as this big hero of earth that would inspire people. Which... does the regular citizenry of earth even know Captain Marvel? Like even post Endgame I imagine she didn't spent too much more time on earth then like the big fight and the funeral and would she of been documented that much in the final battle?) but hey we don't know WHEN this Ms. Marvel series will be and I do believe and feel Captain Marvel 2 will be 2023 so it's possible the series itself will be 2023. Either way that is cool news. As Kamala feels like the kind of series that works best as more a high budgeted show then just a film or the like. Yeah have her first appear in a film and transition into a series. That would work.
I mean, they could probably establish that in the time-skip Carol did some work with The Avengers on Earth to help with Snap fallout before heading back into space. She definitely felt like she'd been working with what remained of The Avengers beyond that video call they had at the beginning.

Northstar

If Carol's Lucky she won't be in the Ms. Marvel show. Since Carol and Kamala have no dynamic in comics or cartoons.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
CBR's coverage of D23. "Moon Knight" and "She-Hulk" series were also announced!

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige next came on to speak about the Marvel slate for the streaming service. Feige recalled premiering footage from Avengers: Infinity War two years previously at D23. Feige brought up the first animated Marvel series, What If?. Each episode will tweak a previously released Marvel film, changing the outcome of the narrative. Almost the entire MCU caast will bring their voices to What If? before Feige played a short clip from the series. The clip teased episodes around Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy and a Marvel Zombies world, along with Peggy Carter as a super-soldier along with Steve Rogers as Iron Man. Uatu is also confirmed to be the narrator of the series. Haley Atwell joined Feige on stage, speaking about getting to continue playing Peggy Carter.
Feige shifted gears to Loki, introducing the head writer and director of the series. The series will confirm where Loki went after the events of Avengers: Endgame, followed by a brief message from Tom Hiddleston over video. Feige moved over to The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. They were joined by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, the stars of the series. Feige revealed that Sharon Carter will be returning to the MCU as a part of the series. Wyatt Russell will also join the MCU as John Walker, aka the future US Agent. WandaVision became the next subject, with the writer and director showing a brief teaser to highlight the tone of the show before describing the series as a mix of a classic sitcom and a MCU adventure. Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen joined them on stage, with Olsen hinting that shooting for the "wacky" series is about to begin. "The writing is so extraordinary," Bettany added. Feige revealed a new cast member of the show, Kat Dennings. She will reprise her role as Darcy from the first two Thor films. Randall Park will also appear, reprising his role as Agent Woo. Katherine Hobb will play the "noisy neighbor" of Wanda and Vision, although her actual role wasn't revealed.
WandaVision became the next subject, with the writer and director showing a brief teaser to highlight the tone of the show before describing the series as a mix of a classic sitcom and a MCU adventure. Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen joined them on stage, with Olsen hinting that shooting for the "wacky" series is about to begin. "The writing is so extraordinary," Bettany added. Feige revealed a new cast member of the show, Kat Dennings. She will reprise her role as Darcy from the first two Thor films. Randall Park will also appear, reprising his role as Agent Woo. Katherine Hobb will play the "noisy neighbor" of Wanda and Vision, although her actual role wasn't revealed. Three new shows have formally announced for Disney+: Ms. Marvel will introduce the Ms. Marvel of the MCU before bringing her to the films. Moon Knight was the next series announced, followed by She-Hulk.

EDIT:
Logos for the new shows.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I know nothing about Ms. Marvel going in. But maybe like WandaVision and the Strange sequel, Ms. Marvel will have a tie-in to Captain Marvel 2.

Didn't expect Darcy and Woo to be in the WandaVision cast. Seems outta left field.

Moon Knight and She-Hulk series, too?! YES.

Frontier

Staff member
CBR's coverage of D23. "Moon Knight" and "She-Hulk" series were also announced!

EDIT:
Logos for the new shows.
A lot to take in:

- US Agent! Yes! What better challenge for Sam coming into his own as Cap then the bad Captain America. I say this as someone who likes Walker, so I'm eager to see how they handle him. Looking forward to seeing his suit :D.

- Plus, Sharon Carter! Hopefully Sharon finally gets her due in this series after her aunt beat her out in the movies :p.

- I wonder if the Wanda and Vision show being a "sitcom" is to hide the more moody and darker elements, like Wanda is manipulating reality to create a world where Vision is alive, she's happy, and things are just "fun." Darcy and Woo are kind of random, but I guess they'll fit into a "sitcom" setting well. I wonder if Woo is keeping tabs on them :confused:.

- People have been asking for Moon Knight and She-Hulk for a while so it's awesome to finally see them getting their shots on Disney+. I can't wait to finally see a live-action Jen :anime:.
I know nothing about Ms. Marvel going in. But maybe like WandaVision and the Strange sequel, Ms. Marvel will have a tie-in to Captain Marvel 2.
You can see the Hala Star in her logo so there will definitely be a tie-in.

(I guess that's two lead ins to Captain Marvel 2 with Monica in WandaVision).

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
The way they've released the title logos for the Marvel shows reminds me of how DC Universe did it last year. The difference is that this service already seems like it has a chance by not solely depending on Marvel.

I'm already looking forward to She-Hulk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Can't find anything on an actress named Katherine Hobb but I'm going to guess she is Agatha Harkness since she's a must-have character for WandaVision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Please help find lost media of English dubs like DiC knights of the zodiac, 4kids Funky Cops, Gogoriki, Hasbro Idaten Jump
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to mention that today is my birthday. I'll be having a nice family barbecue tomorrow to celebrate. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wonder why Nickelodeon still shows We Make Fun version 1 promo even though version 2 has been updated this year?
Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.

Featured Posts