"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryWilliams

Strucker too... but he's more a Shield enemy :p anyway... is good to see father and son, but now I have a doubt... it seems impossible that Helmut was born during WWII, therefore his father survived any encounter against Captain America, I really doubt Heinrich has faced Cap in the modern era because he would be an old man, so... why his son wants revenge? maybe Heinrich is still alive or died recently and it was his last wish, maybe he was killed by Bucky.

Comic book sliding time makes no sense anyway so it doesn't really matter. Just say he has slowed aging or a serum that makes him strong for his age.

Another TV spot. Looks like they encounter Screaming Mimi again before she becomes Songbird.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
So if Fixer is in the episode with Zemo, which may or may not be the case, I guess that means Moonstone is the only Master/Thunderbolt that isn't established before we get Under Siege and Thunderbolts.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Considering that USM is currently the highest rated MARVEL show on DXD, I really think/hope that Marvel would hire Film Roman (who does the animation for USM) to animate AA.

I think i saw that the studio that worked on Frost Fight (Digital eMation I think?) was doing preproduction work on MAA. I could be giving out bad information though. I thought all that stuff was being handled in-house but I'm lost as usual.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I think i saw that the studio that worked on Frost Fight (Digital eMation I think?) was doing preproduction work on MAA. I could be giving out bad information though. I thought all that stuff was being handled in-house but I'm lost as usual.

As far as I recall, the production for Assemble and SMASH were moved to Marvel's own Animation Studios, which is why there's such a visual difference between it and USM. Involvement from a new studio might explain the improvement in animation :).

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
As far as I recall, the production for Assemble and SMASH were moved to Marvel's own Animation Studios, which is why there's such a visual difference between it and USM. Involvement from a new studio might explain the improvement in animation :).
That would definitely explain some things.

Atomic Cartoons was the studio I was trying to recall.

Last edited:

TheLemsterPju

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Does it matter who it is? We get an awesome, fan favorite villain who has and probably will:

1. Designed his own team

2. Fight the Avengers

3. Will free and/or enslave Red Skull

Frontier

Staff member
Flickering Myth has another clip from "Saving Captain Rogers".

(If this is the same as a previously posted clip I couldn't get to play, I apologize for the confusion)
So it looks like Zemo is using some copy of the Super Soldier serum that his father developed, which puts him on Cap's level :cool:.

Though given what happened to those other soldiers, I wonder if Zemo taking the formula is eventually going to result in his face being scarred like his comic counterpart o_O?

I'm liking what I'm hearing from David Kaye as Zemo. It's sounds like Robert Atkin Downes' performance from Earth's Mightiest Heroes channeled through Beast Wars Megatron :D.

"Imprisoned my father"

So...Heinrich is still alive? I mean, he would have said something about him being dead. I guess Cap was delusional when he was surprised at Heinrich being alive, or he was referring to him surviving the Virus X splash.
Cap was probably surprised because he hadn't fought or seen the original Zemo after the war, and I imagine sometime after that ended or right after Zemo was imprisoned war crimes thanks to the efforts of Cap, which is why Zemo wants revenge :eek:.

TheLemsterPju

Cap was probably surprised because he hadn't fought or seen the original Zemo after the war, and I imagine sometime after that ended or right after Zemo was imprisoned war crimes thanks to the efforts of Cap, which is why Zemo wants revenge :eek:.

But then how did Heinrich conceive Helmut if he was given a life sentence and surrounded by nothing but men?

Frontier

Staff member
There was a promo for next Sunday's episode featuring a very brief scene of Fixer and Moonstone with the rest of the Masters during, what I assume is, a bank robbery. They're both using their classic designs, the same ones they sported during the original Under Siege :cool:.

Was kinda expecting they'd go with the modern designs for those two though :sweat:.

Mrnihao90210

There was a promo for next Sunday's episode featuring a very brief scene of Fixer and Moonstone with the rest of the Masters during, what I assume is, a bank robbery. They're both using their classic designs, the same ones they sported during the original Under Siege :cool:.

Was kinda expecting they'd go with the modern designs for those two though :sweat:.

Anyone have a link to this promo? I somehow missed it yesterday.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Here's a TV promo showing more of the Masters of Evil and Thunderbolts in action, as well as a few scenes from Ultimate Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy episodes:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Episode descriptions, from the Disney ABC Press website:

Under Siege AIR DATE: 04/03/16

Hawkeye must defend the Avengers Tower from Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil.

The Thunderbolts AIR DATE: 04/10/16

The Avengers fight to stop Justin Hammer’s new weapons factories, but are both helped and hindered by a mysterious new team of heroes known as the Thunderbolts.

Thunderbolts Revealed AIR DATE: 04/17/16

When the Avengers discover that the Thunderbolts are actually the Masters of Evil, they must decide whether they can trust the villainous team to turn on their leader, Baron Zemo.

Into the Dark Dimension AIR DATE: 04/24/16

Dr. Strange needs the Avengers’ help when Dormammu steals the Eye of Agamotto.

Sounds pretty good to me, hopefully the episodes won't disappoint.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Those episode summaries sound nice - but they also remind me why I didn't want this season to be called the Ultron Revolution. Ultron himself is barely a factor so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hi, Light Lucario. I just want to mention that today is my birthday. I'll be having a nice family barbecue tomorrow to celebrate. Hope to hear from you soon.
Wonder why Nickelodeon still shows We Make Fun version 1 promo even though version 2 has been updated this year?
Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.

Featured Posts