"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy Troodon

Those episode summaries sound nice - but they also remind me why I didn't want this season to be called the Ultron Revolution. Ultron himself is barely a factor so far!

Sure the summaries sound nice, but it's the execution that matter. We'll just have to wait and see if we get more like, "Saving Captain Rodgers."

Frontier

Staff member
Episode descriptions, from the Disney ABC Press website:

Under Siege AIR DATE: 04/03/16
They had me up until they said Hawkeye would be the lone Avenger defending against the Masters of Evil. If it were EMH Hawkeye, I would be excited about it, but Assemble Hawkeye? I'm going to have a hard time even believing he can pull it off :rolleyes:.

It would feel more appropriate and make more sense if it were Cap doing it, in my opinion.

Already I'm starting to expect this adaption of Under Siege won't live up to the comic or the EMH adaption :(.

Though if I can't find anything for my Hawkeye Screw-Up counter in the episode, I'll give props to the writers :p.

Sounds like a good enough introduction to the Thunderbolts and introducing the team to the Avengers, though can't say I'm looking forward to seeing Hammer again :sweat:.

Looks like they're going to be addressing the Thunderbolts turning on Zemo and becoming real heroes, which I'm really happy about :D.

Into the Dark Dimension AIR DATE: 04/24/16

Sounds pretty good to me, hopefully the episodes won't disappoint.
Does every Dr. Strange episode have to deal with Dormammu? I mean, I get he's one of the biggest Dr. Strange villains and a really big Mystic villain, but he feels really overused at this point. At least USM used Baron Mordo :shrug:.
Those episode summaries sound nice - but they also remind me why I didn't want this season to be called the Ultron Revolution. Ultron himself is barely a factor so far!
It gets worse when you realize it's confirmed The Avengers defeat him before Civil War, so the Big Bad of this season doesn't even make it to the end of it :confused:.

Say what you will about how long it's taking Doc Ock over in "Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six" to build up said Sinister Six, but at least each episode has had something pertaining to the Sinister Six in it o_O.

Last edited:

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Fellas, they have 23 more episodes to go.

This will be like season 2 where Thanos wasn't important for a while as the team had to beat Ultron and Squadron Supreme.

I do hope the Thunderbolts are mind controlled or something, them turning on Zemo in one episode would be boring. Maybe Ultron will corrupt them or something.

I wish we could see Shuma Gorath however but we have cool new villains already.

Frontier, I think they'll surprise you, Hawkeye has been getting better imo.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Yeah, I have a feeling the best episodes this season will be the ones where Ultron doesn't show up.

Sure the summaries sound nice, but it's the execution that matter. We'll just have to wait and see if we get more like, "Saving Captain Rodgers."

Agreed, in fact the summary for "Saving Captain Rogers" didn't sound like much to me initially but I was pleasantly surprised by how it played out.

They had me up until they said Hawkeye would be the lone Avenger defending against the Masters of Evil. If it were EMH Hawkeye, I would be excited about it, but Assemble Hawkeye? I'm going to have a hard time even believing he can pull it off :rolleyes:.

It would feel more appropriate and make more sense if it were Cap doing it, in my opinion.

Already I'm starting to expect this adaption of Under Siege won't live up to the comic or the EMH adaption :(.

Though if I can't find anything for my Hawkeye Screw-Up counter in the episode, I'll give props to the writers :p.

I am curious to see how they handle Hawkeye in this episode. It would be nice if they manage to turn him into a more entertaining character (and not have him revert to his already well established less than stellar personality in the next episode).

Fellas, they have 23 more episodes to go.

This will be like season 2 where Thanos wasn't important for a while as the team had to beat Ultron and Squadron Supreme.

Not exactly. Last season the show didn't have Thanos in its title.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
When do you think Kang's invasion will happen?

Bucky appeared but not Winter Soldier, Wacker said either Doom or Winter Soldier will appear. I hope this doesn't count as WS's appearance this season.

I hope the Inhumans plot leads to something substantial. I'm tired of one off Inhuman episodes.

Frontier

Staff member
I do hope the Thunderbolts are mind controlled or something, them turning on Zemo in one episode would be boring. Maybe Ultron will corrupt them or something.
The thing with the Thunderbolts is that they're crooks who, when given the chance to actually be heroes and reap the rewards (the love of the public, actual respect, not getting beat up and thrown in jail) they decide they'd prefer being heroes then just going back to being villains. It's basically one big redemption story. So that they're apparently keeping that aspect intact for the cartoon version, and the group's first animated appearance, is something I'm very pleased with :).

Though I do agree seeing them turn in one episode, right after their debut, is a little too quick and might not come off as convincing unless the writing is really strong. Of course, I also think doing Under Siege in one episode and right after Zemo's debut is moving things a little too fast, and that Assemble might have benefitted from a slower burn in terms of the Masters/Thunderbolts storyline. But I guess so long as the stories are relatively solid, it should all work out ;).

Frontier, I think they'll surprise you, Hawkeye has been getting better imo.
If we were talking about Hulk, who is a lot less immature and annoying compared to his portrayal in past seasons, I might agree with you. But I've yet to see that much of a change in Hawkeye's characterization and portrayal. But I'm going to give the show the chance to change my mind :shrug:.

AA Hawkeye is infinitely better than the bland, boring EMH Hawkeye. At least AA Hawkeye is funny.
Huh. It's the complete opposite for me. The very last thing I'd call EMH Hawkeye is "bland" and "boring" given how much personality and character he had on that show, which is why I'm so hard on AA Hawkeye, and I thought EHM Clint was a much more effective snarker then the current version. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that :sweat:.

I hope the Inhumans plot leads to something substantial. I'm tired of one off Inhuman episodes.
I just hope the Inhuman plot gives the rest of the Royal Family that's not Black Bolt and Medusa more to do :(...

Dustellar

Without Jolt the change will feel more forced, there should be a good reason that most of the Thunderbolts become good... I'm sure that Mach and Songbird will turn against Zemo, Fixer will remain loyal and Moonstone will be the wild card... and will kick Zemo ass xD

Oh... I forgot Atlas xD he's with Mach and Songbird... Moonstone of course will always be on the side that has more chances to win.

Frontier

Staff member

Dragnatek

Okay so it was Disney XD's fualt that I thought the thunderbolts would be introduced before the whole Masters of evil. I'm glad it was just false advertising.

Frontier

Staff member
The Disney ABC Press Website now has images from the next episodes:

Under Siege
The Thunderbolts
Thunderbolts Revealed
Into the Dark Dimension
Seeing the Thunderbolts in animation, and looking pretty great, is awesome. I have my reservations about Under Siege, but I'm really hoping the show does the Thunderbolts justice :D.

I'm not seeing anything about "Into the Dark Dimension" that we haven't seen in past Dr. Strange episodes on any of the cartoons. We've got Dormmamu, Mindless Ones, Stephen...it all just feels like "been there, seen that" :shrug:.

Why not add another Dr. Strange villain into the mix, like Umar or Nightmare, just to spice things up a bit? Or, heck, bring back Morgan Le Fay so we can completely wipe out the memory of that Jessie crossover :p.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
Seeing the Thunderbolts in animation, and looking pretty great, is awesome. I have my reservations about Under Siege, but I'm really hoping the show does the Thunderbolts justice :D.

I'm not seeing anything about "Into the Dark Dimension" that we haven't seen in past Dr. Strange episodes on any of the cartoons. We've got Dormmamu, Mindless Ones, Stephen...it all just feels like "been there, seen that" :shrug:.

Why not add another Dr. Strange villain into the mix, like Umar or Nightmare, just to spice things up a bit? Or, heck, bring back Morgan Le Fay so we can completely wipe out the memory of that Jessie crossover :p.
BLACKHEART!

Frontier

Staff member
Heinrich Zemo may not actually be dead (Eugene Son sorta implied this on his Twitter as well)
Huh. I would think it likely that Zemo's dad just passed away given how old Helmut is, but being a Hydra scientist I wouldn't put it past him to cryogenically freeze himself or something :p.

Not that I don't like Stingray, but it's too bad he couldn't give that kind of enthusiastic answer for Hank :sweat:.

Dustellar

I no longer want to see Hank in this series, he's my favorite avenger but... in this universe he (apparently) isn't a founding Avenger, isn't the creator of Ultron, isn't even necessary because apparently Scott is a genius and an undisputed expert about L̶a̶n̶g̶ Pym particles and Stark is the only expert on robotics/IA in the team (and Falcon, maybe), not to mention that Scott can also become Giant Man...the character became obsolete in this universe, and that's sad for a character with more than 50 years of history and stories... same for Wasp, surely she will be Hope here but for me isn't the same, as a fan of both characters I feel that they are not represented as they should, their original versions/identities are not used or not even mentioned... it's like... I don't know, if for example they use Bucky/Sam/USAgent as Captain America, Kate Bishop as Hawkeye, Yelena Belova as Black Widow, Rick Jones/Amadeus Cho as Hulk, Thunderstrike/Beta Ray Bill/Jane Foster as Thor and James Rhodes as Iron Man... the fans of these characters surely will be disappointed about that and with good reason, IMO

Anyway... I hope that Black Panther brings something new to the team... unfortunately the team already has the Quinjet and the wings of Falcon, two of his inventions :p but I know he will bring both his genius and his ability on the battlefield, the episodes have greatly improved... at least those that don't involve MCU characters (except for Zemo) and synergy, I hope the rest of the story arc of Ultron and whatever happens in Civil War be good :) I am positive about this season, although I wish that this were the first xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts