"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 6 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I realize this is basically a re-do of the "Civil War" during the Ultron arc, just this time doing it right or better basically, but you'd think the Avengers would be over issues of trust after that storyline o_O.

Like all the characters with movies coming up and are in the MCU :p.

Figured as much (I even mentioned that in the talkback thread), even if it still weird to hear Melissa sound like that, though I wonder if she'll drop the accent as Songbird :)?

Frontier

Staff member
The less villains from Season 1 and 2 the better, I say.
I wouldn't mind the Squadron or Black Order coming back, honestly, but I'm not in a rush to see any of the Cabal again :p.

I do wish they had treated Red Skull and Dracula as well as they have Zemo though :sweat:.

Frontier

Staff member

TheLemsterPju

detail.jpg

The Avengers are a larger-than-life super hero team, which is why ANT-MAN feels a little bit out of place on the team. So, he’s taking a little time for himself and heading out to the West Coast! His vacation gets cut short, though, when a mysterious woman brings a murder mystery to his front door. Even worse, Tony Stark’s father is the prime suspect!

A new issue of the Avengers Assemble Infinite tie-in Comic is available to read at Marvelkids.com

It's free to read, darnnit! (Unless you watch to support the people behind it by buying it at Comixology.)

Frontier

Staff member
Clip from "The Thunderbolts", from Graphic Policy's YouTube channel:

Thunderbolts are looking great :D.

Y'know, I realize he's really Zemo, but Iron Man was kinda unnecessarily rude to Citizen V :sweat:.

Meteorite having the exact same phasing powers as Moonstone may be the first clue as to who the Thunderbolts really are...if anyone's paying attention o_O.

Dustellar

This is what I meant the other day, If the Masters of Evil would have had more members, it would be less suspicious... consider that in the comics they had the advantage that most of the heroes, especially Avengers, were not on earth... when they returned, the fall of the Thunderbolts was expected.

If one day you are attacked by 6 people and the other day you are saved by 6 people with powers and physical resemblance, I think you are going to suspect... especially with Meteorite/Moonstone and Goliath/Atlas, not everyday you see a giant.

strugler

Definitely agree here dude. It would have been better if the thunderbolts story was saved for few episodes later. Unless they say it has been months since the masters of evil disappeared then im okay with that. Let's wait and see.

Frontier

Staff member
Well, I think it's safe to assume there will be a bit of a time-skip from "Under Siege" to "The Thunderbolts," where we go from The Avengers defeating the Masters to Zemo breaking them out of prison, prepping them for their new identities, and then their debut.

The device he stole from Tony is also probably going to help divert suspicion as to who the Thunderbolts really are, which is why Zemo stole it in the first place.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I agree with the people who think the Thunderbolts should ahve been saved for later. Subtlety isn't this show's biggest strength, but by havin this team appear literally an episode after the Masters appeared...well, even non-comic readers will probably guess.

Frontier

Staff member
I agree with the people who think the Thunderbolts should ahve been saved for later. Subtlety isn't this show's biggest strength, but by havin this team appear literally an episode after the Masters appeared...well, even non-comic readers will probably guess.
It's not that different from how USM handled the Sinister Six. We had five straight episodes featuring each member of the Six and then it was straight into that group. It took far less time then it's taking to form the team now :p.

By comparison, the Squadron arguably had it a bit better in terms of build-up, but we still kinda jumped into the whole group being together in season 2. I think compared to past cartoons, properly pacing and building up to something is a bit of a lost art...

And then you realize that, in 4 of the currently aired episodes, Ultron has only been a major antagonist in one. I wouldn't be surprised if someone assumed Zemo was this seasons Big Bad at this point, even in-spite of Ultron's name being in the title :sweat:.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
And then you realize that, in 4 of the currently aired episodes, Ultron has only been a major antagonist in one. I wouldn't be surprised if someone assumed Zemo was this seasons Big Bad at this point, even in-spite of Ultron's name being in the title :sweat:.

Between the Thunderbolts and the upcoming Civil War plot, I wonder if Ultron will even get all that much screentime down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts