Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets" Sweet Sixteen Voting Thread (Spidey conference)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
ToonzoneBotBSpideyConference.jpg

Welcome to The Sweet Sixteen (aka Round #3) of Toonzone's "Battle of the Brackets!" tournament (for the "Spidey" conference - which will focus mostly on Marvel animated cartoons, among other oddities)!

Voting is simple: Just post which of the two contestants of the day you find to be more awesome! Please, no editing your posts, once your vote is cast, help simplify things for me and don't change it. So be sure you are certain which one you want to vote for when you post! Feel free to debate it amongst yourselves for a while before casting your votes, but remember: each match runs no more than 24 hours!

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Match #1:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003 version)

[video=youtube;BvHq7lqkc30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BvHq7lqkc30[/video]

Versus:

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Spider-Man: The Animated Series (mid-90's series)

[video=youtube;DZGN9fZvQhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DZGN9fZvQhc[/video]

Who do you vote to win?!?

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Swapped out the "Season 1" Spider-Man intro (the one with the bad CGI) and swapped in a later season intro (I think it's Season 2's intro).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'll go with Spider-Man TAS, a show I've seen in its entirety and enjoyed it for the most part. TMNT 2003 might be a better show (and will probably come out on top here) but I haven't really watched that much of it.

ABrown

2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Nothing left in the tournament that I would even consider voting over it.

War-bearer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and it is one of my favorite cartoons because it is nice to see the Turtles relatable.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Abstaining from this round's vote because I'm not familiar enough with either show to say anything meaningful.

I am totally open to bribes, though. PM me ;).

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
I don't think Spidey TAS' ending was frustrating myself. Actual line from Peter Parker near the end: "I like my life! I like myself! And for the first time ever, I wouldn't want to change anything about me." You don't get a much happier outcome than that, right?!

Voting for TMNT 2K3 though. Both these shows have their strong and weak parts, but as an action show this is way, way beyond Spidey TAS. Animation, direction, storyboarding, editing, you name it. It's better in TMNT.

[video=youtube_share;by-yiabXomg]http://youtu.be/by-yiabXomg[/video]

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Spider-Man: The Animated Series for me. Never saw the Turtles show, but I loved Spidey TAS as a kid and despite it not ageing too well, I still find a lot of the show highly enjoyable.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
TMNT 2003 for me. Spider-Man just aged really poorly and that ending was just so maddening since we never got a real conclusion. TMNT has an entire crap year, but made up for it by the end of the run.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm going to vote for TMNT 2k3. It has terrific action, good characters, the best Shredder due to being so intimidating with his fighting skills and most of the storyline arcs were fairly engaging. It could get surprisingly dark, but never too much so and the dark moments were quite effective. It has aged well and it's still my favorite TMNT series. The last couple of seasons were weaker though, but it still ended on a pretty good note and Turtles Forever more than makes up for its lackluster couple of seasons.

I only vaguely remember seeing parts of Spider-Man: TAS. I remember liking what I saw for the most part. TMNT 2k3 comes off like the stronger of the two based on what I remember of Spider-Man: TAS though.

Spider-Man

Both series lose their way into the third and fourth season but I enjoy Spider-Man: TAS a little bit more. Despite all of its many faults it still has a charm that I really enjoy so my vote goes for that one.

ShadowStar

There were episodes of both shows that I enjoyed, but I only really managed to see season 1 of TMNT and a little bit of season 2. Even though I've seen every episode of Spider-Man and thought it was brilliant back in the day, I feel that it's aged badly. Some of the clips I've seen of the show in recent years have just been embarrassing. Credit for bringing in so many of Spidey's iconic rogues though. I'll have to abstain for this one.

I'm just sorry I didn't get a vote in for X-Men Evolution when it was still in the frame. I know it was up against The Spectacular Spider-Man, but the Day of Reckoning/Day of Recovery and Apocalypse arcs were gripping, and it had fun with the concept of the X-Men as teenagers without making the show cheesy. Plus, it was the best looking Marvel show. (The Spectacular Spider-Man reached its pinnacle on that front with "Opening Night", where all of the character designs looked great, but Evolution looked terrific on a regular basis.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts