Old-School CN Nostalgia Thread (1990s)

KPTitan

The Doc is in...
I remember watching Scooby-Doo, Where Are You, the first Scooby-Doo series they made, at my babysitter's house all the time. I also remember watching Pokemon the first time it aired on there, but for some reason my mom wouldn't let me watch it. I'm very picky about what I watch, and nothing's wrong with that show. Hell, even my dad doesn't see anything wrong with it, and he's a very religious person. I keep wondering to myself if it was because my mom's dad fought against the Japanese during WW2, or if it was just something else, 'cause I noticed all the moms I know don't like Pokemon either.:sweat:

I remember watching Static Shock every day after school when it aired on Cartoon Network, and it sucks that it doesn't air on there anymore. Luckily, I found the ENTIRE series of Static Shock on DVD, and I plan on getting it soon.:D

I also remember watching the old Hanna-Barbara cartoons with my parents on every day that I wasn't in school.

tb4000

Back in the day, being able to watch goofy stuff like The Gary Coleman Show at like 11:30 at night. Without having it taped.

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
Kim Possible Titan said:
I remember watching Static Shock every day after school when it aired on Cartoon Network, and it sucks that it doesn't air on there anymore. Luckily, I found the ENTIRE series of Static Shock on DVD, and I plan on getting it soon.:D

Sorry to disappoint, but if you found the entire series of Static Shock on DVD somewhere, it's not an official release, as Warner Bros. hasn't released the entire series of Static Shock on DVD as of yet. The only official Static DVDs are 2 kibbles 'n' bits discs consisting of about 3 or 4 episodes, which were released in 2004 and 2005, respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudley

Staff member
  • The Powerhouse bumpers
  • Promos during the commercials where the characters were in the real world interacting with each other. (with original animation, no less!)

Ace Goodheart

Strong, Digilent, Fearless
Maybe we'd be seeing a lot less of these threads pop up if they'd sticky my thread........

Zach

Yeah, your thread is big enough and encompasses enough material that a sticky wouldn't be a bad idea.

KPTitan

The Doc is in...
Sorry to disappoint, but if you found the entire series of Static Shock on DVD somewhere, it's not an official release, as Warner Bros. hasn't released the entire series of Static Shock on DVD as of yet. The only official Static DVDs are 2 kibbles 'n' bits discs consisting of about 3 or 4 episodes, which were released in 2004 and 2005, respectively.

2004-2005? But it's 2008 now.
http://www.dvddonkey.com/movie/cartoon/Static_Shock.html

PC!

lolwut?
Easily watching Cartoon Planet and Space Ghost Coast to Coast on Friday nights. That was back in the day when I'd watch pretty much everything on Cartoon Network, and those two shows stood out above all the rest. A shame they don't make shows like them anymore.

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
Even though my fondest memory derserves to be in the Toonami thread, but still Toonami was a central part of CN weekday block back in the day. Coming home to watching Toonami various shows was just the best thing ever and expanded my like in Anime. Also all the fun promotions that they had around were the best as well.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
The day that the lazy-ass cable provider finally added Cartoon Network to the viewing queue, the first thing my brothers and I watched on that channel once we found out we had it was the then-legendary Toonami. All three hours, of course. For the whole week.

TomatoSpud

Resistance is futile
My fondest memories of Cartoon Network are watching Looney Tunes every night after dinner. I remember watching this show that had a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff...but I never paid attention to that stuff much, I just watched it for the cartoons. :anime:

Most of my other memories involve the Powerpuff Girls.

S

sayde

My favorite memories of CN was weekday Toonami -- More specifically, weekday toonami around the time brand new DBZ eps were about to premiere for the first time in years. To be honest, at that point in my life, each new DBZ episode really was the highlight of pretty much every single weekday.

In all seriousness, it was shows like DBZ, Gundam Wing, Rurouni Kenshin, Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakusho, and the Tenchi Muyo series that gave me reason and motivation to get up every day to go to school. That might sound weird, but the rationale was that the sooner I got it over with, the sooner I'd be able to come home and enjoy the afternoon watching Toonami. G Gundam was probably the last good show I remember premiering on the line-up.

After that, my overall enjoyment in the network declined for various reasons.

Racattack!Force

私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !
When I was younger and thought every single show on the channel was awesome. Now that I'm older, I see the horrible I watched:sad: ,but I loved CCF (the intro was the greatest). Why did they take that away!?:crying: But then again, I wouldn't want to watch Jake Spidermonkey's butt inbetween shows.:sweat:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts