Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

ballwa44

I didn't know Turner had a Czech branch in 1990s. Even more interesting is that in spite of Czechia receiving at the time CN Pan-Euro in English only, there was a Czech version of CN comics magazine from Amercom. It was based on Polish version of the magazine and some names were based in (or inspired by) at least Polish ones, such as PPG being called "Atominky" (compare Polish "Atomówki") rather than "Raketove holky": Cartoon Network #03 | ComicsDB.cz

Apparently there were plans for Slovak and Hungarian versions of the magazine: Cartoon Network's Mag Masters Poland
Those Czech logos look really nice on the cover. When we had the official CN Magazine in Hungary, I don't think we had any localised logos.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Those Czech logos look really nice on the cover. When we had the official CN Magazine in Hungary, I don't think we had any localised logos.
The Flash games had localized logos though, for the following shows at least:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Ben 10 Alien Force (I think?)
- Ed, Edd 'n Eddy (they put the Hungarian word for "and" in the game's font instead of the logo's)
- Flapjack (for some reason, as "Szerencsétlen Kalandjai Nyomi" ['s Unfortunate Adventures Flapjack - how is that possible?])
- My Gym Partner's A Monkey (for some reason, as "Gimis társam egy majom" [My Gymnasium Partner Is A Monkey])
- Regular Show
- Sym-Bionic Titan

Ati

Cartoon Network UK (Pan-Eu shadowed feed) continuity and adverts from January 2001 during between Ed, Edd n Eddy and A̶n̶g̶e̶l̶a̶ ̶A̶n̶a̶c̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ i mean Cow and Chicken.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom

BloggerHU

From what it looks like, Cartoon Network Poland will merge with Cartoon Network RSEE on September 2nd.
Program TV • TvProfil
https://programtv.naziemna.info/program/stacja/cartoonnetwork,02-września

While this might be an error (e.g. tvprofil.com added the PL schedules instead of the RSEE ones), a lot of stuff starts from episode one again, and shows that previously only aired on either CN Poland or RSEE are gone now.
It's interesting, because CEE's schedule is the same like PL's and RSEE's.

Markus Nelis

So my prediction about merging the feeds might be true. It makes sense to have a smaller budget. Promos are textless and all shows are already translated. CN NL will probably also be apart of this. Even Germany but I don't see it happening yet, at least this year.

Off: Cartoonito Nordic was also planned to merge with CEE but it was scrapped. However that's still a possibility in the future because they considered it already.

Francisque

From what it looks like, Cartoon Network Poland will merge with Cartoon Network RSEE on September 2nd.
Program TV • TvProfil

While this might be an error (e.g. tvprofil.com added the PL schedules instead of the RSEE ones), a lot of stuff starts from episode one again, and shows that previously only aired on either CN Poland or RSEE are gone now.
I suppose this might be the case, as maybe they think RSEE is irrelevant without Russia and that RSEE might not notice the difference
Obviously everything will cater Poland more, if that really happens

Hopefully, the feeds will remain separate so that the graphics and promos will have a form of text, let's see

It's interesting, because CEE's schedule is the same like PL's and RSEE's.
So, a mega-feed, interesting

So my prediction about merging the feeds might be true. It makes sense to have a smaller budget. Promos are textless and all shows are already translated. CN NL will probably also be apart of this. Even Germany but I don't see it happening yet, at least this year.

Off: Cartoonito Nordic was also planned to merge with CEE but it was scrapped. However that's still a possibility in the future because they considered it already.
NL probably, doubt that for Germany, but who knows at this point

Where is the source of Cartoonito Nordic merging with CEE? Not doubting this, out of curiosity

Probably all part of this

BloggerHU

Yeah, I heard they are planning to unifying the feeds like Discovery EMEA has one / or Eurosport and in special case they can do subfeeds for specialprogrammings. Itvwill be like Nickelodeon's mega feeds, like CEE.

Reactions: J10

J10

The licenses are still unchanged, so no feed mergers yet. I wish we expect confirmations from WBD.

If that came true, I would like to see CN MENA going with one of the nearer feeds. Maybe when Max launches in MENA, they’d merge with the Nordic feed.

Program TV • TvProfil

Regarding Poland merging with (R)SEE, it’s impossible. CN Poland used to be aired in Romania and Hungary, before it got split years later into their own. If they would merge the Polish feed, they would have merged it with CN CEE, NOT with (R)SEE.

Yeah, I heard they are planning to unifying the feeds like Discovery EMEA has one / or Eurosport and in special case they can do subfeeds for special programmings. It will be like Nickelodeon's mega feeds, like CEE.
I hope this come true and go with the way of Discovery-side managers, where they have these feeds. Regarding MENA, if they exited beIN for good, they would decide to merge the feed with another existed one.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Regarding Poland merging with (R)SEE, it’s impossible. CN Poland used to be aired in Romania and Hungary, before it got split years later into their own. If they would merge the Polish feed, they would have merged it with CN CEE, NOT with (R)SEE.
Haven't you seen that all three feeds are going to merge schedules?

Francisque

Haven't you seen that all three feeds are going to merge schedules?
I don't understand why people do not believe this.

RSEE has always been unstable after the Russia departure (and obviously it won't come back), plus it's an era of cuts in general, and the feeds already resemble one the other quite a bit

@J10

Some opt outs will still exist especially for advertising, of course, plus additions from the raw feed to transmission

But they can merge the schedule and all the infrastructure, regardless

See Boomerang CEE

Maybe it's the right time to rearrange the feed for the Balkans and Bulgaria so they can stop having the age ratings

Francisque

At this point, I wouldn't really be surprised if all the CEE Cartoon Network feeds indeed will be merging
Maybe, but I suspect they might want to avoid Germany having an excessive amount of fillers since they have no advertising and quite a packed schedule
NL might well go, especially since the Netherlands is probably even more into streaming than CEE
The new CEE feed has a lot of 30 mins - 25 mins slots

They've made that for Cartoonito CEE in Germany , but it might not prove to be popular with CN
Structurally speaking, it'd make more sense for Germany to merge with the Nordics as "a no-ad European feed", but it'd probably be hard as the teams are different, albeit I don't know for how long

If an internal deal is reached though, Cartoonito Nordic might well be replaced by... Cartoonito CEE

@themidnightlore

None I highly suspect

WBD is quite strong on Italy, plus the population to sustain it

And there's no other country we might merger our feed with, especially as Italy only controls itself

Probably what I suspect MIGHT happen, is CN and Boomerang leaving the market for the FTA, in the worst case scenario

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony's TV channels
Staff member
Maybe, but I suspect they might want to avoid Germany having an excessive amount of fillers since they have no advertising and quite a packed schedule
NL might well go, especially since the Netherlands is probably even more into streaming than CEE
The new CEE feed has a lot of 30 mins - 25 mins slots

They've made that for Cartoonito CEE in Germany , but it might not prove to be popular with CN
Structurally speaking, it'd make more sense for Germany to merge with the Nordics as "a no-ad European feed", but it'd probably be hard as the teams are different, albeit I don't know for how long

If an internal deal is reached though, Cartoonito Nordic might well be replaced by... Cartoonito CEE

@themidnightlore

None I highly suspect

WBD is quite strong on Italy, plus the population to sustain it

And there's no other country we might merger our feed with, especially as Italy only controls itself

Probably what I suspect MIGHT happen, is CN and Boomerang leaving the market for the FTA, in the worst case scenario
Man, they better not pull a CN Spain. (Or they would be able to sustain Boing like that? It's already FTA CN when you think about it?)

RegularCapital

Staff member
Warner Bros. Discovery Kids and Young Adults Management Changes (Cartoon Network, Adult Swim etc.), these changes were made by Vanessa Brookman, the head of CN outside the U.S., to sum it up, there's now a lot of crossover with APAC:

- Christopher Ho, the head of WBD Kids in APAC (Asia-Pacific) will be leaving.

- Ana González, currently VP, Kids Content, Southern Europe and Africa managed from Madrid, is adding APAC to her editorial responsibilities.

- Miami-based Pablo Zuccarino, who was SVP and GM of Kids and Family for Latin America & U.S. Hispanic, will widen his duties in Latin America to become Head of Kids and Animation, LatAm, and Portfolio Strategy, International. He will report to Fernando Medín, WBD President and MD for Latin America and U.S. Hispanic.

- Sean Henry has added an International element to his London-based role and has been named VP, International Content Partnerships and Content Strategy EMEA.

- Sean Gorman takes on new pay-TV responsibilities for networks across EMEA in addition to his current duties overseeing kids channels in the UK, Nordics, Middle East, North Africa and Turkey. Also based in London, he is now also VP of Pay TV Networks, EMEA.

- Mark Taynton, the Head of Adult Swim, EMEA, adds Adult Animation Content Management International to his remit.

- Michelle Truong will be based in LA in her new role as original animated-focused role.

- Monika Oomen, VP Brand, Communications and Digital Strategy, EMEA; Alison York, Head of Kids Data and Insights; and Sarah Fell, VP Original Animation EMEA for Hanna-Barbera Studios Europe, all based in London, complete the international senior kids TV team. Fell will continues to report into WBD President of Animation Sam Register.

London-based Vanessa Brookman reports to President of International Gerhard Zeiler with a dotted line into CEO and President of Global Streaming and Games J.B. Perrette.

I'm pretty sure this track has also been used on Toonami in the US.

Yep, it sure did, as seen here:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Name one studio, brand or company that has gone bankrupt as a result of embracing diversity. Just one. I'll wait.

Very interesting. It's great to see that Ouweleen wanted to push Adult Swim internationally.
PinkieLopBun breathed sanity into my mind. CN isnt THAT BAD after all then.
aegisrawks wrote on Mejo's profile.
Where is that lil mouse from he's super cute!
Considering the very unpredictable nature of the cartoon industry, where shows are getting cancelled very abruptly, I’m starting to get worried nowadays whenever a cartoon today ends a season with a hook for the next one or a cliffhanger, considering how many of them go unresolved.

Featured Posts