Cartoon Network International News Thread 15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francisque

I doubt they should change that name: Southestern Europe is a "region" of CEE, and geographically speaking, CEE (Central-Eastern Europe) means the area covered by the supposedly new mega-feed, central-eastern Europe without further south-north deviations which might be needed for specificities

They might even call it CN Europe these days, but why after all? It's not a pan-feed or what remains of that, but it caters Central and Eastern Europe

The management for the feeds found in Munich already refers to this region like that

J10

Halloween on July?! That’s unbelievable from that awful management.

I guess that next year, the channel would celebrate Easter on Winter, rather than Christmas.

Francisque

But it's not a block or anything, as far as I know

It's just a human error

I've always found blocks such as "Christmas in June" off-putting, but not the case
Halloween on July?! That’s unbelievable from that awful management.

I guess that next year, the channel would celebrate Easter on Winter, rather than Christmas.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
CN CEE continuities from 7 November 2014. I thought it was going to hand over to TCM at the end because A LOT of continuities were recorded in this video. (Hungary was still handing over to TCM until April Fools 2015.)

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
CN CEE continuities from 7 November 2014. I thought it was going to hand over to TCM at the end because A LOT of continuities were recorded in this video. (Hungary was still handing over to TCM until April Fools 2015.)
hey look @BloggerHU, one of the ads is about your then-called blog "Gyerek-Vilag" XDDD

Daffyrocks

sorry for double-posting but oh-oh, Craig of The Creek in English on the Romanian track of CN CEE right now.... The same was at the 18:45 CET airing from right before.

TSMetro64

I think Sweet TV messed up the tracks (it's not the first time). On cable and satellite the audios are correct

Daffyrocks

I think Sweet TV messed up the tracks (it's not the first time). On cable and satellite the audios are correct
maybe you are right. It actually started happening in the middle of Mr. Magoo when the track was suddenly changed (which is why, I ended up with Stream Recorder rendering two video halfs when downloading today's new episode from there, as it ripped separately the part from where the audio swapped)

tcoffa

Did anyone record the June 29th Pride Month specials on CN France? Would be interesting to see if they used any other Redraw Your World elements that day

Markus Nelis

Time to update the current list of CN Nordic programming.

Random order:
1. Teen Titans Go!
2. The Amazing World of Gumball
3. Hero Inside
4. Ninjago
5. Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?
6. Looney Tunes Cartoons
7. We Baby Bears
8. The Heroic Quest of the Valiant Prince Ivandoe
9. Apple & Onion
10. Craig of the Creek
11. Jellystone
12. Tiny Toons Looniversity

While five shows were removed in May, surprisingly there's still 12 shows which is good enough.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
One thing I wanted to address and might do a video on is the APAC feeds - the most fascinating. I don't think anyone wrote it coherently yet, but...

The channel bugs on APAC feeds (Asia/Australia/India/etc.) since their launch in 1994/95 were unique up until roughly 2002. I'm not sure what happened by that time, but until then the region operated differently to all the otehr feeds as you can see from the presentation. Unlike the European variants, the bug was placed in the bottom right. And unlike them and CN US, the bug was huge akin to CN US's the first year. Thirdly, the bug wasn't present on screen the whole time. It was on only during shows and only 30s after the show credits and 30s before a break. This is something that wasn't on other feeds either, definitely so consistently. But during 2000 things started to change and the bug was moved around late 2000/early 2001 to the top right in tandem with the other feeds (excluding CN US obviously). For a few months it kept its larger size, but by 2002 it was present on air the whole time including breaks and decreased in size - thus making the feeds indistinguishable from EMEA at first glance. The other part being the bumpers and promos, which were very unique too. Taking both from CN Europe and CN US. Similarly around the time the bug was updated, more Australian narrators took over. But until 2000 Cartoon Network APAC was the domain of a single man putting life into it. Late Reuben Tuck. Last, but not least, APAC had some crazy programming never seen in EU/US - mainly (obscure) anime to cater to Asian viewers.

Was in the mood, you can thank me later lol.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
20240709_025558.jpg

I used to watch several feeds. But judging not just by this tape i found (doesnt have anything on it sadly) i used to watch also either CN Australia or CN Asia or CN India. Cant say for sure as they shared assets. Personally, I preferred it to the European one although as a kid I wasnt able to tell a difference that much until later on.

narq

Cartoon Network Poland is somehow getting a new Teen Titans Go marathon (called "Pool Party") about 2 weeks before any other feed. The marathon will have a totally new branding, which includes... a disco ball with the Redraw Your World gradient.
1721598327767.png

Maybe it doesn't mean anything and they're once again just reusing assets (like with Game On, or Climate Champions), but who knows... Since the merge pretty much requires them to update their assets, they might actually want to rebrand as well.

Markus Nelis

LEGO Dreamzzz premieres August 5th on CN Nordic. I'm telling you, we weren't supposed to get this but thanks to the German team taking over, this is the reason why it's only premiering now. While other feeds got it a while ago.

Francisque

LEGO Dreamzzz premieres August 5th on CN Nordic. I'm telling you, we weren't supposed to get this but thanks to the German team taking over, this is the reason why it's only premiering now. While other feeds got it a while ago.
Has the German taken over though?

I don't think so, at least not last time I checked: e.g. the DOG is not the German one

The feeds are getting more sameish though, yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!

Featured Posts