Old-School CN Nostalgia Thread (1990s)

WolfGran

Sophomore member
I seriously doubt '90's kids were clamoring to watch old "Space Ghost", "Herculoids" and "Birdman" re-runs over Fox Kids' "Power Rangers", "X-Men", "Spider-Man" and the like. I of course watched them both, but liked the latter most.

Heck, it's the same thing in this decade. That's why CN no longer airs those shows, because seriously....Birdman? No thanks, I'm sticking with Chowder reruns.

Anyway, thanks for your time, Ace.

WolfGran

Sophomore member
I don't really know, It's probably blue. His TV's colors might have been tinted a bit.

Well, I've seen other Powerhouse bumpers on YT that are obviously purple and don't look tinted in any way by sunlight. The blue bumpers are very blue, like "blue rasberry Jolly Rancher" blue, so it's difficult to mistake the blue bumpers as being purple.

Ace Goodheart

Strong, Digilent, Fearless
I'm completely out of the loop as far as "Powerhouse" goes. I've always been a "Checkerboard" guy, nothing more. Perhaps you should ask the "Powerhouse" experts over at OTC *points to sig*, as they don't frequent this thread much anymore.

CartoonNothing

Es solo una forma de decir.
I'm completely out of the loop as far as "Powerhouse" goes. I've always been a "Checkerboard" guy, nothing more. Perhaps you should ask the "Powerhouse" experts over at OTC *points to sig*, as they don't frequent this thread much anymore.

Checkerboard is pretty much cheesy. Powerhouse is more creative compared to the "City" and "Nood" eras.

Master Toon

Checkerboard is pretty much cheesy. Powerhouse is more creative compared to the "City" and "Nood" eras.

True in a way. I think Powerhouse just gave more than City. If CN wanted to they could've made the City era way better. People love the City look and for remember it for all that we got. But can you imagine if they actually nurtured it?

ECDT1089

Your everyday automobile geek!
BTW, what time would purple-colored bumpers be shown on during the Powerhouse era?

Purple colored background bumpers were used for action shows like Batman, Johnny Quest, Swat Kats, Captain Planet, Superman, Superfriends, Speed Racer, Fantastic Four, and many others. Also, the title text was different from the non action show bumpers. I wish I knew the name of the fonts used.

WolfGran

Sophomore member

But it's the cheesiness that makes the Checkerboard-era bumpers memorable. Nowadays, it's almost impressive to see how much CN could pull off with such a low-budget and minuscule ratings back then.

Purple colored background bumpers were used for action shows like Batman, Johnny Quest, Swat Kats, Captain Planet, Superman, Superfriends.

Thanks!

ECDT1089

Your everyday automobile geek!
They had the Boomerang block even during the Powerhouse era? I used to think it died along with the Checkerboard era.

(BTW, I'm trying to keep this thread running so it doesn't fall into oblivion as it did before.)

Oh yeah. Boomerang was on CN for a very long time.

CartoonNothing

Es solo una forma de decir.
Oh yeah. Boomerang was on CN for a very long time.

I also remember it coming on since the start of the City era.

This hasn't been posted yet.

Cartoon Network (90s Intros, Promos, Commercials) 17

The newest collection of CN bumpers and promos, mainly from the Powerhouse era, courtesy of 90sCartoonNetwork.

A combination of 90s and early 2000s bumpers, promos, and IDs.
BTW, on the slingshot bump, it says that Rocky & Bullwinkle was coming up. Was that before listings came to show what's on next, and follows up later on in the schedule?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts