Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

Francisque

But it's not taken for granted here. Italy has 1 next to it, not 2. They forgot about Switzerland.

Flanders got Fox Kids on cable in Leuven and on satellite everywhere. This picture is from 2007, when Jetix was available as a pay channel everywhere in Flanders.
At times Switzerland also gets less pay TV channels than Italy, and Fox Kids plus likely Jetix were likely the exception

I don't understand why Sky is not available in Ticino

Everything's skewed more on the French- and German- speaking parts, which makes sense, demographically speaking, but there should be opt outs here and there due to the local overspill .

Probably the fact the Ticinese also speak SOME German also doesn't help

Two Two's

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Oggy Next promos for FOX Kids UK (2002)

Sources:

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    528.8 KB · Views: 21
  • image.png
    image.png
    166.2 KB · Views: 29

JulianRO

Fox Kids UK continuity from May 2003:

I've never saw these "Fox Kids Weekend" idents before..

JulianRO

It's really interesting how Russia had the "mobile game" ads back then. I don't remember if there were Romanian ads like that airing on the feed too, however, DC CEE started to air them in 2009-2012.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
(Reupload!)
Jetix HUN-CZE continuities with special idents and promo from Summer 2007.
It's weird to see CN stuff advertised, especially the Hungarian magazine.

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
Jetix CE continuity from July 2008:
Error on the Hannah Montana promo: it shows the Romanian website instead of the HUN-CZE-SK changing one.
Country-specific sponsorations were carried over to the Disney Channel, with the Czech ones having the audio censored with music on the Hungarian track, and vice versa.

JulianRO

Error on the Hannah Montana promo: it shows the Romanian website instead of the HUN-CZE-SK changing one.
I've seen another promo on a Kid vs. Kat contest having the Romanian/Russian websites on the HU/CZ feed.

There was once a promo from 2001 on Fox Kids CEE that had the Fox Kids CZ/HU websites too, but it's long gone from YouTube.

Moleoman

Fox Kids Poland (when it joined Cracow-based Autocom Telewizja Kablowa cable operator's line-up) full-page ad from Głos - tygodnik nowohucki weekly 2001/26 issue. It's monochrome due to the weekly being itself in black-and-white inside.
foxkidspl-ad-glostygnowo-2001-26.png

JulianRO

Here Fox Kids was available since 1999 on small cable providers, RCS likely added it in 2001, too.

We also had Fox Kids on a local provider close to the city where I live, but sadly it had really bad quality for most of the time.

JulianRO

I assume that the first photo belongs to 1999-2004, the second to 2004-2009
The second photo is taken from a recording from summer of 2008.
The first one is likely taken from Fox Kids Europe's site on Wayback Machine.

Alexkik

The second photo is taken from a recording from summer of 2008.
The first one is likely taken from Fox Kids Europe's site
OK, got it. I meant it was generally used in these periods. The equipment was clearly used before 2008 and may have been since the days of Fox Kids 2004. Such things are not updated so often

Two Two's

Who gets stuck with all the bad luck?
Jetix Play Closedown Card and it's in Turkish, this is aired regardless of where JETIX Play was viewable. This also contains assets from FOX Kids' EMEA 2002 package, maybe FOX Kids Play had a similar closedown card.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2 MB · Views: 16

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!

Featured Posts