Old International Fox Kids/Jetix Channels Memorial Thread

Francisque

Here Fox Kids, already in 2002 but even before that (in november 2001), only shut down for half an hour or one hour or so before 6am or something, with a Fox Kids inscription saying something like "i programmi tornano alle 6:00" with a Fox Kids central logo in a kind a white scratchy background

in 2000 it definitely was not a 24 hour channel, shutting down at around 9pm-10pm, but this choice was likely temporary

After 10pm it was basically their whole morning-afternoon schedule repeated on a loop with the promos and adverts removed and Next bumpers and idents in a row
It was weird, but if you had to watch the channel back then between 22:00 and 6:00 (esp. after midnight) it would be: end of the show+Next bumper+ ident

I don't remember when this changed

JulianRO

Sorry for double post, but speaking of testcards, here's the Dutch and Italian testcards from 2001:

Last edited:

BlooCNBoy02

I'm blue. A nostalgic CN fan.
HUN-CZE became 24/7 on 1 June 2008 (the same day RTL Klub in Hungary rebranded).

This was Fox Kids' closedown slide.
foxkidsclosedown_hun.png

And this was Jetix's, when ESPN Classic Sport was not broadcasting (2005) or after it closed permanently, so this filled up the time (2006-2007).
jetixclosedown_hun.png

JulianRO

The same testcards were used on the CEE feed as well.
Here are the same testcards but in more better quality:
Screenshot_20240715_170221.jpg

Screenshot_20240715_165943.jpg

Very likely that the Greek feed also used the same Fox Kids testcard.

Last edited:

TVArchive

Jetix Play Closedown Card и она на турецком языке, она транслируется независимо от того, где JETIX Play был доступен для просмотра. Она также содержит активы из пакета FOX Kids' EMEA 2002, возможно, у FOX Kids Play была похожая карточка закрытия.
1000239389.jpg

JulianRO

Francisque

The op
Sorry for double post, but speaking of testcards, here's the Dutch and Italian testcards from 2001:
The second I think was the one used in 2000

Already in 2001-2, the testcard would be different for the small amount of time the channel was off air

No "cose da grandi" but the times they're going back on air

Interestingly, Fox Kids Italy at one point had FTA windows with a special clock bumper:
That was a test for the local channels as syndacationx, not for the channel itself

Fox Kids had been broadcast on local FTA stations for a long time, which later became K2

From 5:30 to 7pm, which this confirms

TVArchive

Damn..... I guess it's not possible anymore to request them, isn't it?
Unfortunately not. the Moscow office is closed (although the company is operating according to the registry) and former employees are no longer in contact with Disney, and access to the archive is closed to them. Now no one knows who is responsible for the Russian channels in the CIS and the Baltic States

RegularCapital

Staff member
It's highly unlikely that Disney kept any old Fox Kids presentation, I remember when we were looking for the Fox Kids Game/Riders idents, the Dutch office said that they don't have these anymore, although this could just be Disney being awkward as usual. The only things that Disney would've definitely kept is the archive of programming that they still own, and any legal documents during the existence of Fox Kids/Jetix Europe.

Disney Channel can be crossed off. :(

Here's their response (translated from Dutch):

Unfortunately, we are not able to help you. Because Fox Kids and Jetix have not been broadcast in the Netherlands for several years, we don't have these materials available anymore.
Besides, we cannot send leaders, bumpers, etc. to individuals, because they're part of our channel identity.

We're sorry.

Kind regards,
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY

JulianRO

I also think the same, it wouldn't be in their interest to keep such unused promos, idents and bumpers.

Maybe asking some former employees might help, as @TVArchive did, but we don't know which ones to ask.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
I hope eventually every branding circle for FK UK is found just like how FK US branding circles were found.

at 4:16

This is the closest thing we will get to seeing the ones for seperate shows.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.
DFC-licious!

The Boomerang YouTube channel has been rebranded into the Cartoon Cartoons channel.

Featured Posts